X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011-12 Part III: Our Goal is to be Offensive

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    After some major FYPing...

This. Just like the NHL, if the other team wears orange and black, there's only one thing you do: HIT THEM!
    Plus, we haven't seen Curadi play very much at all, what, 2 games this year?
    On top of all of this: what's happening thus far isn't working. Why not switch it up a little?
    Why not switch up a lot? Mix up the lines and the defense-shuffle the deck and deal a new hand. Most important-during the games-when things are not going well or working-make the changes in what we do right then. We do not seem to adapt to what other teams are doing to us. We are very predictable.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Why not switch up a lot? Mix up the lines and the defense-shuffle the deck and deal a new hand. Most important-during the games-when things are not going well or working-make the changes in what we do right then. We do not seem to adapt to what other teams are doing to us. We are very predictable.
      I remember during one of the Union games Coach tried doing this jumble. And it wasn't obvious special teams, either. It was a complete mix-up of the lines to try to confuse Leaman. Sadly, we had a last-minute breakdown, and "32 Seconds" brought about new meaning...

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Well said my friend. The players, SA and the staff have been incredibly gracious to the fans. I believe in SA and these group of guys and I know that they can turn it around. SA has included the fans in the RPI Hockey family and we should support him and the players even during the rough patches.
        Well said, Aspydad
        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
          Well said, Aspydad
          Gloria in excelsis Deo. Et in terra pax hominibus bonae voluntatis.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Laudamus Te, benedicimus Te, adoramus Te, glorificamus Te. Gratias agimus tibi propter magnam gloriam Tuam.

Comment

Pierre McGuire & Eddie Olzeck talking about Oates, Adessa &,"that great RPI team of '85" during the Sabre/Devils game. McGuire saying he thought Oates may have been the greatest college player of all time. Discussion started by asking if Oates should be in the HOF. All said absolutely.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

JL, Higgs and O'Grady (all 3 being centers) have been back for what, 2, 3 games? In their absence, there's been constant line shifting going on up front. Appert even referred to the line turmoil when those guys were out. The d-pairings have been shuffled the last few games also.

I think what the forwards lack is a bit of timing and chemistry that only comes with consistent practice and game time together. Defensively, we don't play with much of an edge and we're not making good decisions with the puck...a good chunk of our GA have been from turnovers in the d zone... ill advised passes in front of or behind the net, etc.

The good news is its fixable stuff. We're dressing 10 or 11 underclassmen every night..its gonna take some time people. Hopefully the injury bug stays away and we can gel a bit on O. That's how I see it anyway.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  .... Discussion started by asking if Oates should be in the HOF. All said absolutely.
                  Amen.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Im all in...I will never turn my back on this team......Just speaking for myself Seth and his staff have forgotten more about Hockey than I'll ever know...so I will leave it to them with every confidence that it will all work out and we will become the team we all want to be...remember we lost the nucleus of this team 2 years ago...2 players that this was going to be their year to shine and it would have been bright...but we move on....thats not an excuse or a 'if only it could have been' thats the fact of the matter.....I suspect the plan was to have this be JDA and BP's third and final year but it didn't happen...take this team and add back in JDA,BP and Yorkie and wonder...thats not something you recover from quickly take the Edmonton Oilers and remove Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier or The Islanders and remove Mike Bossey and Bryan Trottier or for that fact the Bruins and remove Bobby Orr(the real great one) and Phil Esposito I believe you would have seen much different results in fact after they left or retired 2 of those teams still haven't recovered and one just got back to the mountain last year.So IMO we are in a mini re rebuild...we have top recruits in the pipeline and better days are coming Im sure of it...this team is not done yet but it is a team that needs to over achieve a little...The Union game was a dismal performance and Im sure they're aware of it...so lets hope thats the bottom and its all upward from here on in...LETS GO RED !!!
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Again, well said!
                      Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Laudamus Te, benedicimus Te, adoramus Te, glorificamus Te. Gratias agimus tibi propter magnam gloriam Tuam.
                        Maybe you, Aspydad & I can organize a sing-a-long at Babo's next drop in. Next home game will be around Epiphany.
                        Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                          Im all in...I will never turn my back on this team......Just speaking for myself Seth and his staff have forgotten more about Hockey than I'll ever know...so I will leave it to them with every confidence that it will all work out and we will become the team we all want to be...remember we lost the nucleus of this team 2 years ago...2 players that this was going to be their year to shine and it would have been bright...but we move on....thats not an excuse or a 'if only it could have been' thats the fact of the matter.....I suspect the plan was to have this be JDA and BP's third and final year but it didn't happen...take this team and add back in JDA,BP and Yorkie and wonder...thats not something you recover from quickly take the Edmonton Oilers and remove Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier or The Islanders and remove Mike Bossey and Bryan Trottier or for that fact the Bruins and remove Bobby Orr(the real great one) and Phil Esposito I believe you would have seen much different results in fact after they left or retired 2 of those teams still haven't recovered and one just got back to the mountain last year.So IMO we are in a mini re rebuild...we have top recruits in the pipeline and better days are coming Im sure of it...this team is not done yet but it is a team that needs to over achieve a little...The Union game was a dismal performance and Im sure they're aware of it...so lets hope thats the bottom and its all upward from here on in...LETS GO RED !!!
                          Nicely said. Perhaps this little 10 day hiatus will allow them to refocus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            JL, Higgs and O'Grady (all 3 being centers) have been back for what, 2, 3 games? In their absence, there's been constant line shifting going on up front. Appert even referred to the line turmoil when those guys were out. The d-pairings have been shuffled the last few games also.

I think what the forwards lack is a bit of timing and chemistry that only comes with consistent practice and game time together. Defensively, we don't play with much of an edge and we're not making good decisions with the puck...a good chunk of our GA have been from turnovers in the d zone... ill advised passes in front of or behind the net, etc.

The good news is its fixable stuff. We're dressing 10 or 11 underclassmen every night..its gonna take some time people. Hopefully the injury bug stays away and we can gel a bit on O. That's how I see it anyway.
                            Wicked-The reshuffle was my minor point. My major point was the lack of our ability to change tactics during a game and between periods. I am in no way knocking this team-it has great talent especially in the lowerclass years. The onus is on the coaches. We come out well and skate Plan A-whether it is dump and chase, or long passes out of the D zone. When the other teams figure this out and stop it-we continue with Plan A. We simply do not alter what we do. Some teams are offensively good enough to come out with a Plan A and it works-and when other teams try to make changes-Plan A still works simply because they are just plain good enough. At this stage, we are not. Ther have been times in the past when RPI was so potent that Plan A was all we ever needed-but not now. I look at hockey as a 60 minute war-with little individual battles and skirmishes. To win, though, you need to be constantly moving troops aroundand finding new ways to attack and defend. Just my 2¢

Comment

Wicked-The reshuffle was my minor point. My major point was the lack of our ability to change tactics during a game and between periods. I am in no way knocking this team-it has great talent especially in the lowerclass years. The onus is on the coaches. We come out well and skate Plan A-whether it is dump and chase, or long passes out of the D zone. When the other teams figure this out and stop it-we continue with Plan A. We simply do not alter what we do. Some teams are offensively good enough to come out with a Plan A and it works-and when other teams try to make changes-Plan A still works simply because they are just plain good enough. At this stage, we are not. Ther have been times in the past when RPI was so potent that Plan A was all we ever needed-but not now. I look at hockey as a 60 minute war-with little individual battles and skirmishes. To win, though, you need to be constantly moving troops aroundand finding new ways to attack and defend. Just my 2¢
                              I certainly agree with that, but I wonder at times if this is somehow endemic to the hockey culture at RPI, as we had similar discussions in the Fridgen era.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Pierre McGuire & Eddie Olzeck talking about Oates, Adessa &,"that great RPI team of '85" during the Sabre/Devils game. McGuire saying he thought Oates may have been the greatest college player of all time. Discussion started by asking if Oates should be in the HOF. All said absolutely.
                                Some voters must have something against him considering how often he has now been passed over.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X