Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Merrimack College at #16 Boston University 11/11/11

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    Wow. Just wow. I don't care how "realistic" you are trying to be, but if this is a legitimate prediction I don't think you watch college hockey. BU is clearly underperforming lately and MC is overperforming. Who has MC played this year? Army. UVM. Uconn. Realy quality programs there. Btw, they were 2 goals away from being swept by NU. As frustrating as this team has been, if you watched them at all, you would know that they get up for big games. Last week was a wake up call. I can't say whether or not they will win today (I would have predicted a W before Trivino went down), but to predict a historically bad loss with no reasoning is rediculous. How about some optimism in this thread. Between opposing fans kicking us while we're down and our own fans kicking ourselves, is anyone actually rooting for the Terriers?
    I watch a lot of college hockey...a lot. Maybe too much this year? I've seen BU get scored on almost "at will" by the likes of Holy Cross, PC (granted they're improved), St. Francis Xavier, and UMass Lowell. Not exactly the strongest DI teams out there.

We'll see, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Merrimack wins by at least 4 goals.

The D is disorganized, turns the puck over, and Millan "can't stop a nose bleed" this year.

Don't even get me started about Sunday.
    Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
      I watch a lot of college hockey...a lot. Maybe too much this year? I've seen BU get scored on almost "at will" by the likes of Holy Cross, PC (granted they're improved), St. Francis Xavier, and UMass Lowell. Not exactly the strongest DI teams out there.

We'll see, and I hope I'm wrong, but I think Merrimack wins by at least 4 goals.

The D is disorganized, turns the puck over, and Millan "can't stop a nose bleed" this year.

Don't even get me started about Sunday.
      I understand where you are coming from. It is really hard to believe this team can do anything right, but the players really are very good. It is possible that they won't show up today, but I highly doubt it and I have to believe they will, otherwise I would just not bother going. What I am almost certain of is that defense will be tonight's priority along with staying out of the box. If we have more than 4 or 5 penalties tonight I will be shocked. I also expect 30 shots (whether they are good shots or not). What we have seen the past few weeks is not BU hockey. Let's hope they return with a vengeance this weekend. I will know how to feel about the BC game after tonight. Also, everyone go to the basketball game at 5. There's more than 1 sport at this school (sort of) and the basketball team will never get better players and opponents if they can't draw a crowd.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. It is really hard to believe this team can do anything right, but the players really are very good. It is possible that they won't show up today, but I highly doubt it and I have to believe they will, otherwise I would just not bother going. What I am almost certain of is that defense will be tonight's priority along with staying out of the box. If we have more than 4 or 5 penalties tonight I will be shocked. I also expect 30 shots (whether they are good shots or not). What we have seen the past few weeks is not BU hockey. Let's hope they return with a vengeance this weekend. I will know how to feel about the BC game after tonight. Also, everyone go to the basketball game at 5. There's more than 1 sport at this school (sort of) and the basketball team will never get better players and opponents if they can't draw a crowd.
        I agree with absolutely everything you wrote!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
          I agree with absolutely everything you wrote!
          Great (depressed, sad, and frustrated) minds think alike.

Comment

Last week was a wake up call. ?
            How many wake up calls do they need? Holy cross should have been enough of one.

BU Hockey: Falling through the bottom line
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Great (depressed, sad, and frustrated) minds think alike.
              pretty much...

Comment

The better team won. Period.

37 penalty minutes to 18, add sloppy play on top of that, and we still pulled out the W. This is a championship quality team, far deeper than last year's. If we can get the Meyers situation figured out by next semester watch out.

How incredible was Cannata??
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

37 penalty minutes to 18, add sloppy play on top of that, and we still pulled out the W. This is a championship quality team, far deeper than last year's. If we can get the Meyers situation figured out by next semester watch out.

How incredible was Cannata??
                  hmmm. holy cross didn't need OT to be the boys
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    hmmm. holy cross didn't need OT to be the boys
                    great teams win even on their off nights, horrible teams lose when they have a 37 to 18 penalty minute advantage.

@SalvucciM

Comment

This is a championship quality team, far deeper than last year's. watch out.
                      it did, it is , it is and we are watching, no doubt

Comment

great teams win even on their off nights, horrible teams lose when they have a 37 to 18 penalty minute advantage.
                        uh, i know you know that it was 27 - 18 (those there misconducts don't give you pp time, right )
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

haha fair enough, fair enough

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            uh, i know you know that it was 27 - 18 (those there misconducts don't give you pp time, right )
                            salvo gets 2 minutes for embellishment

Comment

hahahaha worst call of the night IMO. Many of the calls on MC were warranted, but that was not. Totally Bogus. But whatever, all water under the bridge.

@SalvucciM

Comment

First OT loss for the terriers in regulation conference play since 2003.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Working...
                                X