Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #6 Merrimack College at #16 Boston University 11/11/11

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    UNH has charged about $25 for several years now, but free parking. BU is $26 and you then have to pay to take public transit or pay the $10 for parking below the building. The top midwestern schools are still a lot more. Also, see where you would sit for $26 for a Bruins game. Probably last two rows of the balcony, if that.
    You know what would be awesome? If UNH charged for parking, like $5 for three years or something, and took that money to build foot bridges over the train tracks so everyone doesn't wait to walk up that lone staircase. I'd pay!

Comment

Merrimack wins going away 5-2.
      Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Who was denying that BU's ticket prices are high? At least you can say without question that the seating and sight lines for all ticketholders are the best and most comfortable in all of Hockey East.
        I cant say that as I feel Tsongas is the best place to watch a game.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          I cant say that as I feel Tsongas is the best place to watch a game.
          Tsongas' low pitch makes the back rows not all that great, and far removed from the ice, whereas Agganis' high pitch brings the back rows closer to the action and gives a better view. Plus, every seat at Agganis is padded, whereas the majority of Tsongas' are the hard plastic. I don't know, does every seat at Tsongas have a cupholder? I do believe Tsongas is a quality venue, and with the recent upgrades, it's definitely one of the best in the conference, but strictly from a fan comfort and view perspective, Agganis is still as good as it gets in HE. Too bad the same cannot be said for the quality of play on the ice.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Tsongas' low pitch makes the back rows not all that great, and far removed from the ice, whereas Agganis' high pitch brings the back rows closer to the action and gives a better view. Plus, every seat at Agganis is padded, whereas the majority of Tsongas' are the hard plastic. I don't know, does every seat at Tsongas have a cupholder? I do believe Tsongas is a quality venue, and with the recent upgrades, it's definitely one of the best in the conference, but strictly from a fan comfort and view perspective, Agganis is still as good as it gets in HE. Too bad the same cannot be said for the quality of play on the ice.
            The "back row" at Tsongas is an excellent place to watch a hockey game. Tsongas > Agganis. Price? Tsongas. Concessions? Tsongas. Parking? Tsongas. $10 tickets? Tsongas.

BTW: Go Merrimack.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

The "back row" at Tsongas is an excellent place to watch a hockey game. Tsongas > Agganis. Price? Tsongas. Concessions? Tsongas. Parking? Tsongas. $10 tickets? Tsongas.

I had to pay $10 to park at Tsongas. $10. BU is $12, but it's in Boston. Not Lowell. Parking should not be the same price as a game ticket. And I know there is on street parking that you can find for free. You know where else you can do that? Outside Agganis. And $7 for a slice of pizza? That's just wrong. And Agganis has actual ice cream. Tsongas has those crimes against nature dipping dots. Advantage Agganis. Our PA announcer is also not bush league. He knows how to pronounce Duluth also. And Bavis.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I had to pay $10 to park at Tsongas. $10. BU is $12, but it's in Boston. Not Lowell. Parking should not be the same price as a game ticket. And I know there is on street parking that you can find for free. You know where else you can do that? Outside Agganis. And $7 for a slice of pizza? That's just wrong. And Agganis has actual ice cream. Tsongas has those crimes against nature dipping dots. Advantage Agganis. Our PA announcer is also not bush league. He knows how to pronounce Duluth also. And Bavis.
                ah, dear... tsong has jasmine. agganis does not.

game over.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You didn't have to pay anything to park at Tsongas. You made the choice to pay for parking.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

You didn't have to pay anything to park at Tsongas. You made the choice to pay for parking.
                    You don't have to pay anything to park at Agganis, as I said here:

I highlighted it since you missed it the first time.

Comment

So there is plenty of free parking at BU? If you make your way to North Andover there is plenty of free parking.
                      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

So there is plenty of free parking at BU?
                        Yes.

Comment

So there is plenty of free parking at BU? If you make your way to North Andover there is plenty of free parking.
                          Who said there was plenty? I certainly did not. I said you could park for free, like you can park for free in Lowell. But I saw one lot for $5. The garage was $10. The lot between the garage and the arena? Also $10. The VIP lot was $15. That's more than the premium parking at Agganis. And outside. And at Agganis, it's a garage under the building with a private elevator into the arena.

Comment

I don't really want to get involved in this stadium conversation. I'm just curious what compels an individual to join a game thread involving two other opponents and portray their own opinions about their team's stadium as fact.

Also slurpees/brassbonanza/bagley, my seat doesn't have a cup holder, so when BU gives me 3 free beers I have to reach and put them in the cup holders in the row behind me, it's practically the dark ages in my row!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              bagley
                              nonsense
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

You know what would be awesome? If UNH charged for parking, like $5 for three years or something, and took that money to build foot bridges over the train tracks so everyone doesn't wait to walk up that lone staircase. I'd pay!
                                Screw that! Build a bridge for the train to take the high road so we don't have to climb any stairs. That would be awesome.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X