This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Easily the most boring twenty minutes of Gopher/Badger hockey ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      So why is it the the U hasn't made better use of this hotbed and their position as the destination.
      Minnesota has 5 D1 programs. Wisconsin has one. That might explain some of it.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Good game by Wisconsin. Completely out-worked the Gophers. The Gophers looked flat footed most of the game. Hopefully we see he swarming, relentless Gopher team we've seen for most of this season tomorrow night. The Badgers have some very nice pieces. It will be interesting to see how they develop as a team as the season progresses.

Comment

MN got its arse beat. Plain and simple. St Pat left out to dry on 2 goals didn't help. Disgusting.

I hope it's different tomorrow.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Short accurate passes and hustle beat the trap. Sadly, MN didn't do much of either of those things tonight until they were trailing by three goals. UW pretty much executed its gameplan perfectly, and a flat effort by MN was nowhere near enough to overcome it.

Hopefully MN shows up more motivated tomorrow night because if they don't, they will suffer the same fate as they did tonight.

Comment

*yawn* Well that was one of the most boring hockey games I've ever watched.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Solid effort from Wisconsin. Need to build on that tomorrow.

Comment

Nice win for Becky. As much as I'd like to lament UM looking sluggish they were simply outplayed and didn't come close to even deserving a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Nice win for Becky. As much as I'd like to lament UM looking sluggish they were simply outplayed and didn't come close to even deserving a tie.
                    Looked like both to me. Wisconsin came to play, we didn't. They completely out worked us. That can't happen if you expect to win.

Comment

Alter it for hockey, and you have my thoughts on the game:

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Grats to Bucky on the win, you deserved the 2pts.

Hopefully we can build on the 3rd period and get a split, we at least started moving our feet and looked interested.
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I'm sure many MN players could say the same thing, since it didn't look like many of them were actually playing when on the ice tonight.

Comment

Gophers live presented by:
                            North Dakota Tourism
                            Legendary

I didn't make that up
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/GopherLunch/doublegophercatch.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Maybe you just had to be there. In person, it was scintillating!

Comment

Working...
                                X