X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    You can't win. I don't think he's slept this week as he's afraid someone might say something and he won't be there to respond.

These threads are meant to be fun and we all accuse each other and our respective fan bases of generalizations that we know to be untrue or at least too broad. Except of course for the deer thing. We ALL, every last red-blooded Wisconsinite, have a weakness for a cold, stiff, deer corpse.

The breakdown happens when you get people who take themselves too seriously and forget that life can be more fun when you can laugh at yourself as well as each other. Or, if there is a debate, agree at some point to disagree.
    I was under the impression that these deals were supposed to be fun as well. Maybe we are missing something. I better be careful talking to you though because it might be misconstrued as me trying to gain some rube cred with you bucky fans.

p.s. Was that repping comment directed toward me? Really?
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I was under the impression that these deals were supposed to be fun as well. Maybe we are missing something. I better be careful talking to you though because it might be misconstrued as me trying to gain some rube cred with you bucky fans.

p.s. Was that repping comment directed toward me? Really?

Of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        The point was, you got mad at us for getting drawn into a stupid debate with a troll, and then when things settled back down and talk shifted back to hockey, you piled back on.

You complained about there not being any hockey talk, but I don't see you talking about hockey.

Both of those things irk me.
        Ha! I piled nothing on, but if you think so then I will apologize. Will that make yo feel better?
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          Thanks. People want to talk hockey, there's a conversation piece.
          I think special teams will decide the weekend IMO. I know Badger fans hate being labeled as a trap team, but I wonder how much they will try and trap this weekend to put pressure on the Gopher's young defensive corp?

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            I think special teams will decide the weekend IMO.
            Will be huge, no doubt. Wisconsin has been atrocious on the penalty kill. That has to improve this weekend.

I think it will as well. Dahl and R. Little are really good at what they do on the PK...and this is probably the third weekend that Barnes and Zengerle are seeing PK action so they are starting to settle into the role.

Comment

[QUOTE=mariucci;5260356]
              Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              You can't win. I don't think he's slept this week as he's afraid someone might say something and he won't be there to respond.

These threads are meant to be fun and we all accuse each other and our respective fan bases of generalizations that we know to be untrue or at least too broad. Except of course for the deer thing. We ALL, every last red-blooded Wisconsinite, have a weakness for a cold, stiff, deer corpse.

The breakdown happens when you get people who take themselves too seriously and forget that life can be more fun when you can laugh at yourself as well as each other. Or, if there is a debate, agree at some point to disagree.[/QUOTE]

Ummm Chippy did you really just say that? Consult your therapist immediately

Ummm, looking back, my last comment on the issue (that shall remain nameless) that you and Dubber failed to convince me of was 11/8/11 at 3:54 PM. That's nearly 44 hours ago. I believe that I have agreed to disagree and let it go. It seems as though that is not enough for you two though as you continue to reference it.

Comment

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                who's gonna get the last word in.. will it be....

WI?
                MN?
                The seasoned vet?
                Or the.....

NOOB?

MN when the gophers sweep.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Will be huge, no doubt. Wisconsin has been atrocious on the penalty kill. That has to improve this weekend.

I think it will as well. Dahl and R. Little are really good at what they do on the PK...and this is probably the third weekend that Barnes and Zengerle are seeing PK action so they are starting to settle into the role.
                  Gophers need to stay out of the box too. They have been taking too many ill-advised penalties so far this season and it has really disrupted their rhythm at times. They have a decisive edge in scoring depth IMO, and it's hard to take advantage of that when you're constantly killing penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Hopefully, we'll see lots of this...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Rats.jpg******

Comment

[QUOTE=Gurtholfin;5260386]
                      Originally posted by mariucci View Post

Ummm, looking back, my last comment on the issue (that shall remain nameless) that you and Dubber failed to convince me of was 11/8/11 at 3:54 PM. That's nearly 44 hours ago. I believe that I have agreed to disagree and let it go. It seems as though that is not enough for you two though as you continue to reference it.
                      Are you forgetting something intentionally?

I disagree to agree

I was just bustin' your balls chippy

Comment

Loud noises!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Hopefully, we'll see lots of this...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Rats.jpg******
                          That's called a penalty box. It's kinda like a time out for hockey players.

Comment

*roll eyes*

*mimes jerking off motion*
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              *roll eyes*

*mimes jerking off motion*
                              Come on. We both know you're not miming it.

Comment

Note: This video is not related to the games this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X