X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: Secondary Rivalry, Just As Much Hatred

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    I'm whining? Ok

I'm just bored of having derailed threads with your arguments back and forth with sue last week and becky this week. I'll just keep whining, I guess.
    The best part is that it's the exact same argument!

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      THEN TALK HOCKEY AND STOP COMPLAINING!

Seriously, it's getting really, really old. If you don't like the direction of the thread, then try and steer it a different direction. Your comments are doing nothing but further derail the thread.
      Now we have the gopher fans arguing amongst themselves. Just as we planned all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        The best part is that it's the exact same argument!
        No it isn't.

Comment

THEN TALK HOCKEY AND STOP COMPLAINING!

Seriously, it's getting really, really old. If you don't like the direction of the thread, then try and steer it a different direction. Your comments are doing nothing but further derail the thread.
          Now maybe you know how I feel reading through these threads about crap that I don't want to read instead of talking about the series at hand....
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
            Now we have the gopher fans arguing amongst themselves. Just as we planned all along.
            I knew someone was going to say that

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              Sorry man, I'm just bored.

• Rumpel seems to be steadier and most of us think he should get both starts this weekend. Peterson (the other goalie) seems to give up too many fat rebounds - at least to my eyes. This doesn't come as a surprise as Rumpel was always thought to be the better prospect.

• Schultz has at times looked like quite possibly the best defenseman that we've had here in many years and that's saying something. Very smooth and a man amongst boys at times on the ice. Too bad he can't skate 60 minutes.

• There's a lot of young talent on this team and they've already started to contribute. We're seeing some dangling and individual creativity that I haven't seen here since Sauer left.

• This team is young and they are showing it. At times, they look flat and disinterested and at other times they look talented enough to hang with anybody. The question will be which team shows up Friday and after that, how they respond on Saturday to either a flat effort or an inspired effort.

It's gonna be an up and down year and at this point, I am hoping that they stay competitive and learn so that next year they will be able to apply what they've learned and become a contender. I haven't given up on this season, but we're very young and it isn't too often that a young team is able to win a championship.
              Rebounds are going to be huge for Rumpel. Our guys have been very good around the net (especially Rau).

Two young teams will be interesting to watch.

Comment

Secondary rivalry my ***.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

It's gonna be an up and down year and at this point, I am hoping that they stay competitive and learn so that next year they will be able to apply what they've learned and become a contender. I haven't given up on this season, but we're very young and it isn't too often that a young team is able to win a championship.
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have 21 underclassmen and we have 19. When does youth and inexperience stop being an excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    I hope we see Peterson. Rau like those juicy rebounds.
                    Absofrigginlutely..

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have 21 underclassmen and we have 19. When does youth and inexperience stop being an excuse?
                      JDubbs, that's enough, man. Give it a rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                        Now maybe you know how I feel reading through these threads about crap that I don't want to read instead of talking about the series at hand....
                        All I ask is that you just move the argument back on track instead of just making comments about it. I apologize if it annoys you that we were off topic, but we weren't doing it intentionally to upset people (at least I wasn't). The discussion just gravitated there. Always does when the 7>5 and 6>5 discussion pops up.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMac View Post
                          JDubbs, that's enough, man. Give it a rest.
                          Is it not a valid question? They are a young team, but there are plenty of young teams in college hockey right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Secondary rivalry my ***.
                            It gets nasty eh

And to think this rivalry has room to grow!! Imagine the looming Big 10 days ahead!!

Comment

All I ask is that you just move the argument back on track instead of just making comments about it. I apologize if it annoys you that we were off topic, but we weren't doing it intentionally to upset people (at least I wasn't). The discussion just gravitated there. Always does when the 7>5 and 6>5 discussion pops up.
                              Dude, you know I appreciate your insight and we are usually in agreement about most things Gopher Hockey and its cool that you are so passionate about the history of hockey in Minnesota, but it seems like it gets injected into every thread. I made two comments about wanting to get back on track(they were kind of snotty, yes, but I did just the same) and you guys continued. Maybe you need to learn to tune out the idiots because they will never give up.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Your season isn't complete yet. Let's see where you are in 20 games before you crow too much, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X