Clear All

• BU at Lowell 11/5/11

No game thread yet?

Re: BU at Lowell 11/5/11

early whistle!!!

intent to blow!!!

we gots screwed!!!

(there you go )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      early whistle!!!

intent to blow!!!

we gots screwed!!!

(there you go )
      kinda fitting seeing as this will be my first college hockey game since THAT one.
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Can't remember the cuisine of choice up there. Been a while.
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          Can't remember the cuisine of choice up there. Been a while.
          fried
          dough
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            fried
            dough
            Great concessions all around the arena.

Lowell has to be looking to gain some momentum after losing twice (not surprisingly) to BC. For those that didn't see it, Lowell (IMHO) played a heck of a game on Friday night at home against BC, and I know even a couple of my BC friends said the 4-2 (ENG) was unfair to Lowell. Saturday night ... yeah, they were out of it quick. Hopefully we get to see the Friday night performance repeated ... except more of finding the net for Lowell.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Although Lowell played bc tough, I think the question will be which BU team shows up to night? Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde? If BU manages to spot the Riverhawks a couple or three they're done for. In a shoot out BU wins. The biggest factors for the Terriers is how well Millan plays and how well the PK does.

Lowell is hungry and looking for that so far elusive HE 'W' and they just might get it. Should be an exciting game and of course I'm rooting the Real Boston team win!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Great concessions all around the arena.
                Wish you guys could have found a way to include the Tully Forum fries. They were AWESOME.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Wish you guys could have found a way to include the Tully Forum fries. They were AWESOME.
                  AGREED! Greatest (food) loss in moving to the Tsongas.
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Just watched the game highlights on Hockey East Online. Does the Lowell announcer also do monster truck rallies? Pure entertainment.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      Just watched the game highlights on Hockey East Online. Does the Lowell announcer also do monster truck rallies? Pure entertainment.
                      He was kind of bush league and needs to learn to pronounce American cities correctly. DULL-eth Minnesota? Really? I know it's not a major metropolitan city, but really...they DID win a national title last year. He also mispronounced Mike Bavis' name.

Comment

He was kind of bush league and needs to learn to pronounce American cities correctly. DULL-eth Minnesota? Really? I know it's not a major metropolitan city, but really...they DID win a national title last year. He also mispronounced Mike Bavis' name.
                        Trust me, we make just as much fun of him. Someone really needs to talk to the kid.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          i think thats madden. he sucks. but seriously, nu cant say much with that PA announcer.. who is hysterical. but sounds like should be in worcester yelling SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! anyhoo, this video is fantastic, i love macgregor's triple crosscheck at 2:26.
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk 18 View Post
                            In a shoot out BU wins.
                            Are you saying I read the box score wrong and BU actually won 8-7?

Comment

Oh, I completely agree. If I had a rooting interest in the game, he would be really annoying. But as an outside observer just watching 3 minutes of highlights I was very amused.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                              X