Maine @ UNH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine @ UNH

Our 'heated rivals' come to town this weekend, with a game against UMass first on Friday night.

Does anybody even care? Surprised there was no threat for this already . . . I mean, student tickets were sold out at 7:30am, so somebody cares.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Re: Maine @ UNH

UMO doesn't know what the word "sold out" means

Comment

Looking forward to this matchup. UNH have any injuries? I wish both Maine games were on TV this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
        Our 'heated rivals' come to town this weekend, with a game against UMass first on Friday night.

Does anybody even care? Surprised there was no threat for this already . . . I mean, student tickets were sold out at 7:30am, so somebody cares.
        Just to be clear, UNH's 'heated rival' Maine plays BC at Conte on Friday night, while UNH faces UMass at Lake Whitt.

Perhaps individual game threads are a distraction from the team threads, hence little response?

Comment

Is this the Maine/UNH football thread?..........oh, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Just to be clear, UNH's 'heated rival' Maine plays BC at Conte on Friday night, while UNH faces UMass at Lake Whitt.

Perhaps individual game threads are a distraction from the team threads, hence little response?
            I don't think you have to back too many years when the thread would have began before the previous weekend's games had ended. And here we are now where the thread doesn't begin until two days before the game and, to date, there are 4 (now 5) responses, none of the vitriolic kind. I have no idea how Maine is this year, but I do know that the last time we played them at the Whit, it was Nyquist vs. Thompson in the final minute. I still have that game on my dvr and no doubt will watch it prior to leaving for the game on Saturday.

It certainly isn't like the old days, but then, neither team is like their old ones either, are they? Don't forget to White Out the Whit.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostrajimus View Post
              UMO doesn't know what the word "sold out" means
              Nostri,
              Why don't you come up with a plus minus for this game, Oh that's right you said u know nothing about hockey and that is about the only thing u have said that Maine fans woudl agree with!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                It certainly isn't like the old days, but then, neither team is like their old ones either, are they? Don't forget to White Out the Whit.
                It's more like "Walk out" of the Whit

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                  Nostri,
                  Why don't you come up with a plus minus for this game, Oh that's right you said u know nothing about hockey and that is about the only thing u have said that Maine fans woudl agree with!!!
                  Ok, take UNH - (minus) 1. How's that Priceless?

One would think that u learned your lesson on mbr.org, but the spankings will continue here if u keep it up. My advice to u is fade off into oblivion with your girlfriend MaineJane
                  Last edited by Nostrajimus; 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    I don't think you have to back too many years when the thread would have began before the previous weekend's games had ended. And here we are now where the thread doesn't begin until two days before the game and, to date, there are 4 (now 5) responses, none of the vitriolic kind. I have no idea how Maine is this year, but I do know that the last time we played them at the Whit, it was Nyquist vs. Thompson in the final minute. I still have that game on my dvr and no doubt will watch it prior to leaving for the game on Saturday.

Indeed, that second game against Maine at Lake Whitt last season was ridiculous with the two Hobey candidates trading bad plays for good, with less than stellar performances by both goaltenders. Maine was one of three teams that UNH swept last season (other two were UML and PC), so if UNH hopes to sweep any teams this season, this weekend would be a good time to start. But, I am a lot more upbeat after last weekend than before. Go Cats! I hope to make my first visit of the season to Durham on the 18th.

Comment

6-2 Cats
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

well hopefully the game is more intersting then this thread, guess show that it is a down year for both teams.

Comment

I really don't want to be seen as a hateful person, one that wants bodily harm done to another for something as trivial as a game, but here it goes. I hope that at some point during this evenings game, any player (preferably a Maine player) shoots the puck directly at Tim Whitehead. And I hope that Tim is unable to avoid the contact. And that said puck hits him in the head, causing significant injury. A lost time accident. Completely malicious. Or not. It totally could come from a deflection, so long as the end result is there. Then Corkum can take over and make the year more palatable.

I was thinking along these lines a few weeks ago when Maine was at ND. I envisioned a rusty old lawn mower being hurled from the stands and decapitating Tim. I had a chuckle and disregarded. (me thinks this may be someone else's fantasy that was reported some time ago and now its also mine) If any Wildcat fans, or Maine fans, or Maine fans dressed as Wildcat fans or so-on, would like to.....aw screw it. Just a stupid day dream.

Maine Hockey=soap-operaesque

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                            I really don't want to be seen as a hateful person, one that wants bodily harm done to another for something as trivial as a game, but here it goes. I hope that at some point during this evenings game, any player (preferably a Maine player) shoots the puck directly at Tim Whitehead. And I hope that Tim is unable to avoid the contact. And that said puck hits him in the head, causing significant injury. A lost time accident. Completely malicious. Or not. It totally could come from a deflection, so long as the end result is there. Then Corkum can take over and make the year more palatable.

I was thinking along these lines a few weeks ago when Maine was at ND. I envisioned a rusty old lawn mower being hurled from the stands and decapitating Tim. I had a chuckle and disregarded. (me thinks this may be someone else's fantasy that was reported some time ago and now its also mine) If any Wildcat fans, or Maine fans, or Maine fans dressed as Wildcat fans or so-on, would like to.....aw screw it. Just a stupid day dream.

Maine Hockey=soap-operaesque
                            You are one sick s.o.b. You should seek help because you are certainly in need of it.
                            Last edited by Pucknut; 11-05-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                              You are one sick s.o.b. You should seek help because you are certainly in need of it.
                              wildcats/teddy bears 3-2.who wudda thunk it? way to go cats
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                              X