X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Solo if you don't care about the Badgers in football and just in hockey I'm sorry to say but your not a true Badger fan.
    stick it. I have seasons for all 3 major sports and am a badger booster. I sell the fb tickets cause I'm sick of BA and BB. one day I'll go back when those two don't run the show

and I'll decide if I'm a badger fan thank you very much
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

For the 2006 Final Five third place game, it was The Badgers and Gophers playing for what basically amounted to a game for the top seed in the NCAAs. About 1/2 of my group of Crease Creature season ticket holders and I went to Brats. You want to guess how much whining their was (at State St Brats, mind you) over having the Badgers v Gophers on a tv instead of whatever random march madness bouncyball game was on at the time? I'll give you a hint: a lot, and many were even wearing red at the time.

You want give solo and I **** and call us less than a true fan because we get weary of the arrogance from our money program? Bite me. What do you make of the countless hordes "Badger" fans on our **** campus in our **** colors who couldn't give a **** about a non-football/basketball team at out scholl if it was playing the gophers in a game that really mattered?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        For the 2006 Final Five third place game, it was The Badgers and Gophers playing for what basically amounted to a game for the top seed in the NCAAs. About 1/2 of my group of Crease Creature season ticket holders and I went to Brats. You want to guess how much whining their was (at State St Brats, mind you) over having the Badgers v Gophers on a tv instead of whatever random march madness bouncyball game was on at the time? I'll give you a hint: a lot, and many were even wearing red at the time.

You want give solo and I **** and call us less than a true fan because we get weary of the arrogance from our money program? Bite me. What do you make of the countless hordes "Badger" fans on our **** campus in our **** colors who couldn't give a **** about a non-football/basketball team at out scholl if it was playing the gophers in a game that really mattered?
        Oh no, the average person in Brats doesn't like hockey? Remember, niche sport.

If I was in Brats and they were showing Badger women's basketball, I'd probably wish they put ANYTHING else on. Colts/Jaguars? Yeah, let's check that out!

It's clearly out of bounds to question anyone's fandom on here and I don't question yours or Solo's, but I do believe that you have an inferiority complex of sorts.

I don't really care. Don't like football or basketball or neither or both. But if you go into a Badger/Gopher thread and agree with their posters that something that the vast majority of Badger fans liked was bad, you're gonna get some backlash. Especially with such declaratives and rants as if all of us would probably also be outraged by the axe being there.

The axe is a symbol of our rivalry with the Gophers and it's a symbol that the football team has done a REALLY good job of winning and holding onto for us. If only the hockey team could hold up their end of the rivalry. I'd be happy with .500 against the Gophers at this point in hockey.

Our students are students. Who cares if they occasionally have a cheer that's misplaced? Just wait till the Mercyhurst series when they're not there and then rip on them. It's terrible in the KC when they're gone and I'll take them over other schools' any day.

You wanna agree with Gopher fans and rip on your own in the name of objectivity? Go ahead. Just don't expect all of us who disagree with you to sit by silently.

Comment

Solo if you don't care about the Badgers in football and just in hockey I'm sorry to say but your not a true Badger fan.
          Let's not go there...

I absolutely hate women's hoops and I'm pretty sure that I am still a Badger fan. I mean, I wish them all the best and hope they succeed, but that's a tough sport to watch.

Comment

I don't see the agreeing w/gopher fans thing, is that related to the student section thing, the axe, or???

I think we may have to agree that there are some of us (myself, EODS, and others) who've finally had enough w/Alvarez/Beliema (let's not forget the baggage Bret has fondling waitresses, partying w/players, partying w/Iowa broadcaster so hard that he had to get picked up and said Iowa broadcaster was fired for the incident), and just the attitude that UW football IS the UW and owns the campus. I won't follow that. as much of a joy as it was to go to the rosebowl in 93 (I was there) and see a former classmate (I was 3 years behind Joe Panos in HS and he was in a business class I had) make it, that joy has dwindled so rapidly in the 2000's due to the actions of their party coach and BA's overall arrogance that it's difficult to cheer them on.

and being a Hockey 1st person adds to it. as hockey clearly gets the crumbs when it comes to BA. football team needs anything and they get it in 4 seconds. hockey team needs an on-campus facility and BA insults the alums.

and there are those for whom none of this is a problem. fine. I'm not asking anyone else to feel the same way, I'm just setting forth how I feel about the two programs.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I don't see the agreeing w/gopher fans thing, is that related to the student section thing, the axe, or???
              I hope I have my timeline correct, but I believe that they were ripping on the axe showing up, most likely while you were driving home, and then you showed up with both barrels blazing.

I'm not saying that you (or I) can't agree with a Gopher fan. But judging by the reaction of the crowd, the vast majority of the fans in attendance liked the gesture, as did I.

Only a select few seem to have a problem with it and that's fine. It's your right. But I'm not gonna sit silent simply coz you're a fellow Badger fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                football team needs anything and they get it in 4 seconds. hockey team needs an on-campus facility and BA insults the alums.
                That one does it more than anything else for me. I might get the time frame wrong here, but I want to say that it was a matter of several weeks or just a few months after he calls out the hockey alums to the media, he's begging the Regents to pony up money for improvements to the football practice facility.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  That's just stupid. Utterly stupid.

There are MANY, MANY, MANY more Badger football fans who could care less about hockey (I know many personally). Are they not Badger fans too?

Comments like this just reinforces what many think about your hockey fan base. Unknowledgable fans who wish they were at a football game.

I actually find it refreshing that it (your comment) bothers some of the Badger hockey fans here.
                  Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-14-2011, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

Comments like this just reinforces what many think about your hockey fan base. Unknowledgable fans who wish they were at a football game.
                    This is about the 50th time this week that you have alluded to this mythical "what us Gopher fans think of your fanbase."

We don't care what you or any other opposing fans think of our fanbase.

Just so you know.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      That's just stupid. Utterly stupid.

There are MANY, MANY, MANY more Badger football fans who could care less about hockey (I know many personally). Are they not Badger fans too?

I actually find it refreshing that it (your comment) bothers some of the Badger hockey fans here.
                      truth. if the argument gets reversed and you're not a fan if you don't care for the hockey team that would mean what, 80% of UW fans suddenly lose their fan card?

some fun little anecdotes to lighten the mood a bit: back when I wasn't po'd at BA (and he was still coaching) I went to a ton of games including away trips. I went to a game vs. Stanford around 97 or 98 in cali, showed up in the stands wearing a Wisconsin hockey jersey (yeah, I'm all-hockey all the time), and the first UW fan in the stands that recognizes it says "yeah, Wisconsin hockey now that's serious business"

or at a brewers game "hey man, that's cool I used to play for them" from Greg Poss a 3rd line d-man from the late 80's early 90's

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Let's not go there...

I absolutely hate women's hoops and I'm pretty sure that I am still a Badger fan. I mean, I wish them all the best and hope they succeed, but that's a tough sport to watch.
                        Gurt wanna hear a joke, women's sports. Haha that's a good one.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          This is about the 50th time this week that you have alluded to this mythical "what us Gopher fans think of your fanbase."

We don't care what you or any other opposing fans think of our fanbase.

Just so you know.

Hope that helps.
                          For one, you cared enough to respond. Second, I never said "we Gopher fans". And not to interrupt your pouting, but that's what rivalries are about. You chant stuff that doesn't make sense and treat your program like football's slow little sister, and we give you crap for it.

Are you suggesting you don't give us crap for anything?
                          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-14-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            truth. if the argument gets reversed and you're not a fan if you don't care for the hockey team that would mean what, 80% of UW fans suddenly lose their fan card?

some fun little anecdotes to lighten the mood a bit: back when I wasn't po'd at BA (and he was still coaching) I went to a ton of games including away trips. I went to a game vs. Stanford around 97 or 98 in cali, showed up in the stands wearing a Wisconsin hockey jersey (yeah, I'm all-hockey all the time), and the first UW fan in the stands that recognizes it says "yeah, Wisconsin hockey now that's serious business"

or at a brewers game "hey man, that's cool I used to play for them" from Greg Poss a 3rd line d-man from the late 80's early 90's
                            Pretty cool man. I bumped into Mike Ramsey several years back at a restaurant, and Bill Baker when I was a kid at a movie theatre. Both great guys and I was just speechless. Ok, enough of this. I'll stop before I completely ruin your thread

Comment

Gurt wanna hear a joke, women's sports. Haha that's a good one.
                              There are plenty of women's sports that I don't mind watching, hockey being one that is quite good. Just not hoops.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying this for us. I didn't realize we were required to like football if we liked hockey. I don't really enjoy the sport at all, but I guess if I want to watch hockey..... are there any other rules we should know?

Comment

Working...
                                X