• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    LaBate-Zengerle-Barnes.
    Much obliged.

(insert obligatory comment about Dead > Red)
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      I wouldn't ever expect a blow-out, the teams in the WCHA are competitive enough that it should be a rarity but it will happen. I didn't see the game on Friday, but it sounded like it was just a perfect storm of mistakes and errors on UWs end coupled with SCSU having quality execution.
      I watched the game and it looked like UW was totally out of sync on that big sheet of ice. They just had no flow. It improved in the 3rd period, but they didn't shut St. Cl. down to mount a comeback. Also, St. Cloud outmuscled UW players defending the UW net in tight. Petersen looked like he was fighting the puck at times too.

Goaltending...I've vote for continuing the rotation 1 more week. Rumpel has a better record, but I think Petersen has a tougher draw playing Friday night with the inexperienced players getting used to a new opponent and situation every week.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I posted this on the MINN and UW weekly thread but it's pretty crowded over there so I thought I'd post it here to.
        My weeks prediction:

Friday: MINN 4 UW 2
        Saturday: MINN 2 UW 3
        WISCONSIN BADGERS
        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          I posted this on the MINN and UW weekly thread but it's pretty crowded over there so I thought I'd post it here to.
          My weeks prediction:

Friday: MINN 4 UW 2
          Saturday: MINN 2 UW 3
          ugh
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            ugh
            Ugh?

Comment

Ugh?
              yes, I don't think the outcome will be pretty but I don't feel the need to come out and have to say UW will get their tails kicked in multiple threads especially when there is a very specific thread for the topic of this weekends games

and ugh, as in, I don't want to think about dropping two to the rats any more than possible, but it's becoming a prevailing thought in regard to the two games I'll be at

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

yes, I don't think the outcome will be pretty but I don't feel the need to come out and have to say UW will get their tails kicked in multiple threads especially when there is a very specific thread for the topic of this weekends games

and ugh, as in, I don't want to think about dropping two to the rats any more than possible, but it's becoming a prevailing thought in regard to the two games I'll be at
                He predicted a split, unless my eyes are bad.

Comment

He predicted a split, unless my eyes are bad.
                  ah chit, I stand corrected. I need glasses...or need to stop mcreading!

Comment

Great win for the boys tonight. A lot of hustle that I don't think MINN was expecting. First line is just pouring on the offense and nice to see Meuer score to. Go for the sweep tomorrow boys.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

great win tonight. good for the confidence and just good to see some guys gain more experience w/Lee and McCabe out, especially by playing the top team in the country (IMO, only BC to this point can argue that).

I'm really liking some unsung players improvement thusfar: Faust and Meuer in particular

frosh not named Rumpel or LaBate that are really impressing me lately are Brendan Woods and Matte Paape.

I still haven't seen enough of Daly or Navin to know much about their games

here's to another great game tomorrow. this time in my normal seats!

Comment

frosh not named Rumpel or LaBate that are really impressing me lately are Brendan Woods and Matte Paape.
                        You're spot on with this comment. Both are playing much better than was expected. Woods has more skill than I had anticipated and Paape is just slippery.

Comment

You're spot on with this comment. Both are playing much better than was expected. Woods has more skill than I had anticipated and Paape is just slippery.
                          that's just it. Woods is a great stick-handler from what I've seen (and I'll admit I didn't know what type of player he was coming in, but...) and shows some pretty good anticipation.

Paape just seems to have a nose for the puck and knows (no pun intended) how to get open in the slot (I think I saw him allude defenders and camp out in prime space in the slot about 3-4 times tonight)

Comment

It's nice that we don't have to rely on Barnes and First Star for the silky skills (although how good have they looked?
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              It's nice that we don't have to rely on Barnes and First Star for the silky skills (although how good have they looked?
                              And they are only sophomores...

Comment

Was Schultz baked tonight? Very off-kilter at times.

Does anybody else have concerns about Springer? Even taking tonight's inexcusable clearing pass away, I haven't been impressed to this point.

Faust didn't have a crisp game.

Whole team looked like they were skating in slush.

Close you eyes and imagine this with me... 4 years of Rumpel.

Comment

Working...
                                X