X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
    The RIT player (Knowles) who hit Dahl was closelined by McCabe and took exception to that. Make that call and none of the rest happens.
    did you see this play or are you responding to what you heard on the radio?

the little guy took a run at McCabe and leaped off his skates to do it. McCabe had his hands/stick at chest level and didn't extend he just sorta let the little ant glance off of him. no penalty, no chance of a call, McCabe did nothing wrong. if anything the little guy should have been penalized for charging or whatever you call when a guy leaves his feet and leaps at an opponent

good grief
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

+1, Solo, Gurt, Chuck. They are just made they got curb stomped.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        did you see this play or are you responding to what you heard on the radio?
        I was there - in the pressbox with the benefits of multiple replay angles.

Comment

I was there - in the pressbox with the benefits of multiple replay angles.

please respond to this part "the little guy took a run at McCabe and leaped off his skates to do it. McCabe had his hands/stick at chest level and didn't extend he just sorta let the little ant glance off of him. no penalty, no chance of a call, McCabe did nothing wrong. if anything the little guy should have been penalized for charging or whatever you call when a guy leaves his feet and leaps at an opponent"

that's what I saw on the multiple B10 replays...there was nothing to get upset about for that little guy, maybe embarrassment that he leaped up to hit McCabe and bounced off like he'd been jettisoned at light speed from the millenium falcon...but to board another played, not McCabe ANOTHER player altogether says this guy was just ****ed at losing, has small man syndrome, etc

if McDonagh were on the ice at that moment there's be 14 of those little guys running around when he'd be through with him!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

The RIT player (Knowles) who hit Dahl was closelined by McCabe and took exception to that. Make that call and none of the rest happens.
            Like I said to you on twitter, McCabe had the puck. Knowles was the one who was the aggressor and jumped at McCabe to make the hit. In an attempt to not get his head taken off, McCabe tried to avoid the check and Knowles took the worst of it despite jumping into him.

Pretty tough for a player carrying the puck to purposely clothesline someone.

Comment

Ehh it looked more like Knowles jumped to avoid a hit to his head.

Either way, the refs called a lot of the refs calls were bias and gave the badgers momentum. I'm specifically referring to that "trip" where you scored your second goal on the following PP and took off from there.

Still a fun game to watch, and besides a few lapses in defensive positioning, I don't feel that the all-might badgers out played as much.
              RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                Ehh it looked more like Knowles jumped to avoid a hit to his head.
                Knowles jumped to avoid a hit to his own head? He was the one trying to initiate contact as McCabe had the puck. McCabe was trying to avoid the hit but clipped Knowles because he jumped into him.

Comment

Anyways, a question for all my Badger buds; are your games streamed online anywhere when they're not on BTN? Or you just have to go to the game to see it?

RIT Hockey FB Group
                  Facebook.com/groups/RITtigershockey

RIT '13

Comment

All I'm going to say is that last night's game was enjoyable to watch. The reason Wisconsin won, imho, is because they were more talented. I was especially proud of how RIT made a bit of a comeback. I believe had they converted on the power play - they would have at least got a point out of the game if not the victory.

It's a shame that a melee like that had to marr it.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by StimulisRK View Post
                      Anyways, a question for all my Badger buds; are your games streamed online anywhere when they're not on BTN? Or you just have to go to the game to see it?
                      This link has a place to watch for 10 bucks, and some other stuff.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...key-sched.html
                      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

2-1 Wisconsin, final. RIT hit the post in the last minute.

Man, we're so bad.

Goodbye Wisconsin, 'till we meet again.
                        RIT

Comment

...that was one hell of an ugly win. after the ugliness of the 1st period last night and 1/2 the 2nd last night and tonight's entire game...i'm thinking wisconsin is 2 recruiting classes away from being a good team realistically. not to be scooby but there it is. they're just not as good as I thought they'd be and I don't know if some of these guys have a high ceiliing...

I was/am also watching the Notre Dame/Minnesota game on btn and caught UW on stream tonight going back and forth and the level of play in the twin cities is/was so much higher than in madison tonight it's just not even the same universe.

this is the 3rd time I've seen notre dame this season and using them as a benchmark I'd say UW is two classes away from *potentially* being that good...ugh

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            ...i'm thinking wisconsin is 2 recruiting classes away from being a good team realistically.
                            lol instead of giving RIT credit it's about how badly you played.
                            RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              ...that was one hell of an ugly win. after the ugliness of the 1st period last night and 1/2 the 2nd last night and tonight's entire game...i'm thinking wisconsin is 2 recruiting classes away from being a good team realistically. not to be scooby but there it is. they're just not as good as I thought they'd be and I don't know if some of these guys have a high ceiliing...

I was/am also watching the Notre Dame/Minnesota game on btn and caught UW on stream tonight going back and forth and the level of play in the twin cities is/was so much higher than in madison tonight it's just not even the same universe.

this is the 3rd time I've seen notre dame this season and using them as a benchmark I'd say UW is two classes away from *potentially* being that good...ugh
                              Yeah at least two classes I would say. Definitely not that the team they played is pretty good. How could they be being from Atlantic hockey. Your expert hockey opinion and analytical skills from the couch/seats is remarkable. Maybe we will be blessed with a weekly solivsfett column on the ins and outs of college hockey. What an arrogant dbag you are.

Comment

Originally posted by unscarred76 View Post
                                What an arrogant dbag you are.
                                Says the knucklehead *****ting on the UW thread.

Didn't see tonight's game (listened on the radio while watching football), but I was there yesterday. RIT seemed to have plenty of chances, but couldn't convert. They also took bad penalties and made dumb mistakes at times (they had at least 6 offsides last night).

The Badgers should have done better, but they still swept, so I'll take that and look forward to the Purple Cows next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X