X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Originally posted by DCBadger View Post
    Not sure if this is anywhere else, but news is coming out that the FIBs are starting a D-1 program. Great for the Big 10 conference, if true!
    Yet another reason for Wisconsinites to besmirch Fibbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Part of the reason the basketball team hasn't seen decrease in attendance as much as hockey is because many people hold season tickets for hockey, basketball and football. It doesn't take a genius to figure out in America that hockey is the third most popular sport. Therefore I'm sure it was hockey that got dropped when push came to shove when their entertainment budget dropped.

I also find the basketball success thing funny. Because they make the 64 team NCAA tournament field every year? So what? The hockey team has been in the national championship game twice in the past five years, including one in which they won a title.
      the point I'm making is for hockey fans and basketball fans, yes. but MORESO casual sports fans.

but having said that, yes UW has been in the NCAA title game 2x in 6 years (I'm including this season) they haven't given themselves a chance those other years. Bo Ryan's team always is there with a chance and that's a big difference to some people.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
        Look at what you wrote donkey:

Poor play has hurt goofer attendance the last few years thus my comment regarding your fans dressing up as empty seats. If you think the economy is what is hurting attendance you're a moron, goofer fans would sell their children to watch a winning product. Just for clarification I am only referencing goofer attendance not UW or all of college hockey.

"I have been a college hockey fan for a long time.......blah blah blah I'm Ryan Cardinal's sock puppet/spooge rag."
        That's exactly what I said. When I say it never hurt Gopher attendance, "before", I meant before the past few years. In this discussion, I have mentioned numerous times that attendance has been down the past few years. I even said last year was the first year I have EVER heard any advertising for games. No one else had a.problem picking up that distinction. I wonder why?

BEFORE the PAST FEW YEARS, the Gophers sold out consistently whether they won or lost, and had a very lengthy waiting list for season tickets. Got it?

Pull your head out of your *** and read the discussion instead of reading what you want to read or stay the hell out of the discussion. My God are you dense.

As for your comments regarding why we have attendance problems, save it for someone that values your opinion in even the slightest. You guys had problems filling even half your seats in the early 90's while we had college hockey's longest season ticket waiting list. A waiting list that existed for decades (through a similar tournament drought at the end of Woog's tenure and beginning of Lucia's) and only disappeared last year.

Puts a pretty big dent in your theory when we were losing in the late 90's, but still sold out regularly and had a season ticket waiting list, while now when we are tied for first in the conference and ranked 2nd in the nation we still have attendance issues.
        Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 12-16-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

JDUBBS - funny you mention advertising. the last month 1/2 in milwaukee I've been hearing advertising for UW hockey games on the radio. Unheard of previously except for the badger hockey showdown.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            No one else had a.problem picking up that distinction. I wonder why?
            He probably just assumed that you're post would be made up of the same "Gophers (and their fans) are the best and we just experience this sport on a different level of awareness than you other cretins and you need to take what I say as one would from guru to student" drivel that you always post.

Can't say I blame him if he came into your post with preconceived notions about what you would be spouting.

Why are you always here? You should start the "Dubber's Wisconsin Hockey Thread - I'll Teach You How To Be True Hockey Fans." Your first topic could be, "Periods vs. Quarters: which are in Ice Hockey?"

Okay, back to ignoring you...

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              JDUBBS - funny you mention advertising. the last month 1/2 in milwaukee I've been hearing advertising for UW hockey games on the radio. Unheard of previously except for the badger hockey showdown.
              Just further proof the economy is the biggest part of the issue IMO.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it buddy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                He probably just assumed that you're post would be made up of the same "Gophers (and their fans) are the best and we just experience this sport on a different level of awareness than you other cretins and you need to take what I say as one would from guru to student" drivel that you always post.

Can't say I blame him if he came into your post with preconceived notions about what you would be spouting.

Why are you always here? You should start the "Dubber's Wisconsin Hockey Thread - I'll Teach You How To Be True Hockey Fans." Your first topic could be, "Periods vs. Quarters: which are in Ice Hockey?"

Okay, back to ignoring you...
                You're no fun Gurt. What's a rivalry if you can't tease each other a little?

And a vast majority of the time, that's all I'm doing. Or are you above calling us "rodents", saying Mariucci is like a "morgue", etc...

And I read all our rivals threads and just happen to find a lot of the conversations here to be interesting. Consider that a compliment

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  You're no fun Gurt. What's a rivalry if you can't tease each other a little?

And a vast majority of the time, that's all I'm doing. Or are you above calling us "rodents", saying Mariucci is like a "morgue", etc...

And I read all our rivals threads and just happen to find a lot of the conversations here to be interesting. Consider that a compliment
                  Gurt is barrels of fun, he's witty and crass. Unfortunately at your age and education level coupled with gopher arrogance we find to be not only a moron but lonely making your posts boring. But that's enough of that, I know you get paid by the hour so get back to work.
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    Gurt is barrels of fun, he's witty and crass. Unfortunately at your age and education level coupled with gopher arrogance we find to be not only a moron but lonely making your posts boring. But that's enough of that, I know you get paid by the hour so get back to work.
                    Ha! Taking shots at my age and education? Well, the fact that I have eluded to my age in this very discussion, and you (not surprisingly) haven't caught onto that (yet another detail in this discussion), certainly speaks volumes about "your level of education".

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      Ha! Taking shots at my age and education? Well, the fact that I have eluded to my age in this very discussion, and you (not surprisingly) haven't caught onto that (yet another detail in this discussion), certainly speaks volumes about "your level of education".
                      Normally, I hate the spelling/usage police, but you're mentioning his education, and, well, see the bolded.

Comment

I like turtles. I'm kidding, I never cared for Pat White
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          I like turtles. I'm kidding, I never cared for Pat White
                          I love lamp.
                          Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                          Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                          sigpic
                          Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                          1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                            I love lamp.
                            I heart championchips!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Normally, I hate the spelling/usage police, but you're mentioning his education, and, well, see the bolded.
                              I think your point alludes Dubbs.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                I think your point alludes Dubbs.

Somebody better check on him. This is (unofficially) the longest that he's ever gone without replying.

Comment

Working...
                                X