This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XX - Growth Through Experience

Not sure if this story was previously posted, but here is an excellent article on Ramage:

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...sin-hockey-dui

On another note, I'll be at both CC/Badger games this weekend...should be fun! Looking forward to seeing some other Badger fans at the World Arena.

Comment

Baggot says Eaves has Hartzog playing defense this week. I did not see that one coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
        Not sure if this story was previously posted, but here is an excellent article on Ramage:

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...sin-hockey-dui

On another note, I'll be at both CC/Badger games this weekend...should be fun! Looking forward to seeing some other Badger fans at the World Arena.
        I can't speak for anyone else but I read the article when it came out and thought they writer did a good job. However, I chose not to promote it because I don't think it's fair to John. If that was me in that situation I would understand why the article is written, but I wouldn't want that promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
          I can't speak for anyone else but I read the article when it came out and thought they writer did a good job. However, I chose not to promote it because I don't think it's fair to John. If that was me in that situation I would understand why the article is written, but I wouldn't want that promoted.
          Agree.

Comment

Baggot says Eaves has Hartzog playing defense this week. I did not see that one coming.
            If he plays a minute of D in a hockey game this year UW is in big trouble. I don't know if this is just a depth thing or if the 3rd pair of d are that bad. If they are struggling, I'd like still like to see Faust, Drake and Daly play just to get experience that will pay dividends the next 3 years.

Like it or not, this year is a seasoning year that will pay huge dividends in the next 2 years. Add 3 studs next year and lose basically no one this year means a top 4 contending team next year. Paape and Woods have been very pleasant surprises this year, Zengerle and Barnes have exceeded expectations so far in terms of offensive creativity, the future looks really bright.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Like it or not, this year is a seasoning year that will pay huge dividends in the next 2 years. Add 3 studs next year and lose basically no one this year means a top 4 contending team next year. Paape and Woods have been very pleasant surprises this year, Zengerle and Barnes have exceeded expectations so far in terms of offensive creativity, the future looks really bright.

I agree that this year is to set up the short-term future, but I wouldn't say we'll be losing no one. Schultz and Rammage will be losses of magnitude should they choose to leave.

I like what I'm seeing from the younglings though.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                If he plays a minute of D in a hockey game this year UW is in big trouble. I don't know if this is just a depth thing or if the 3rd pair of d are that bad. If they are struggling, I'd like still like to see Faust, Drake and Daly play just to get experience that will pay dividends the next 3 years.

I doubt Hartzog will see any game action on D.

I hate to say something like this, but it's not a secret that the Badgers don't graduate any forwards and bring in two players who will be in the lineup every night. Kids like Hartzog who aren't on huge scholarships have to see the writing on the wall. If you're not in the lineup now, you're probably not going to be next year. I think this is just the coaching staff trying to give a kid a chance to provide more value to the team.

Comment

I doubt Hartzog will see any game action on D.

I hate to say something like this, but it's not a secret that the Badgers don't graduate any forwards and bring in two players who will be in the lineup every night. Kids like Hartzog who aren't on huge scholarships have to see the writing on the wall. If you're not in the lineup now, you're probably not going to be next year. I think this is just the coaching staff trying to give a kid a chance to provide more value to the team.
                  And given the potential early departures on D, he could be one injury or suspension away from playing in the future. Plus, you never know how things like this could work out given the history of forwards moving back to defense, sure the learning curve is steep but the rewards might payoff in the future (or it could be a complete disaster, but given the number of forwards, their isn't much downside risk to trying)

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    And given the potential early departures on D, he could be one injury or suspension away from playing in the future. Plus, you never know how things like this could work out given the history of forwards moving back to defense, sure the learning curve is steep but the rewards might payoff in the future (or it could be a complete disaster, but given the number of forwards, their isn't much downside risk to trying)
                    There have been plenty of forwards who have moved to defense and thrived. Case in point: Dave Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      I agree that this year is to set up the short-term future, but I wouldn't say we'll be losing no one. Schultz and Rammage will be losses of magnitude should they choose to leave.

I like what I'm seeing from the younglings though.
                      I was thinking in terms of graduating players in the "losing no one" comment. Schultz and Rammer need to stay, all they need to do is look at C Smith and Gardiner, it's pretty obvious they needed a little more seasoning in the college ranks.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I just got 5 tickets to take the family to the Friday Night Denver game in February. I (probably mistakenly) chose "Best Available". We got our tickets in section 325, row d. From what I've read hear, these are pretty crappy tickets. My kids have never been to any major sporting event, so they will probably like it either way, but I was wondering if I have any options.

Do you think if I called the ticket office, they would be able to get something better? I thought with the way the games have been this year, and the fact it is a Friday night game, I would have got something in the 200s. Maybe it's because I needed 5 tickets?

Just curious if anyone had any experience calling the ticket office to see if better tickets were available.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                          I just got 5 tickets to take the family to the Friday Night Denver game in February. I (probably mistakenly) chose "Best Available". We got our tickets in section 325, row d. From what I've read hear, these are pretty crappy tickets. My kids have never been to any major sporting event, so they will probably like it either way, but I was wondering if I have any options.

Do you think if I called the ticket office, they would be able to get something better? I thought with the way the games have been this year, and the fact it is a Friday night game, I would have got something in the 200s. Maybe it's because I needed 5 tickets?

Just curious if anyone had any experience calling the ticket office to see if better tickets were available.
                          I would definitely call although you probably won't be able to get 5 in the same row.

If you're open to it, ask them if you can get 3 in one row and 2 in the next row. A lot of times when you do this you can get much better seats than trying to get 5 in a row. So you'd be sitting right behind your kids.

If I were coming down from Mosinee, I'd want 100s or 200s. Just my personal preference. Might as well make it as good as possible.

If this doesn't work I'd try Craigslist or the UW Ticket Marketplace.

Good Luck!

Comment

Granted that the fourth row probably won't have the same obstructed views as the tenth, but I'd follow Gurt's advice.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I called the ticket office today, and they said that once the tickets are ordered, there is nothing they can do. I wonder if I just got the "new guy" who didn't know how to change an existing order?

Comment

McCabe (A) and Woods (B) both listed on the Central Scouting Report.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=7...site-Draft2012

Comment

Working...
                                X