Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notre Dame at Northern Mich - Last one out of the CCHA turn off the lights, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame at Northern Mich - Last one out of the CCHA turn off the lights, please.

NMU took a long, quiet bus ride home from Kalamazoo after playing two decent games but rewarded with no league points for the effort and is looking to turn around their fortunes at home; Notre Dame travels North after making a road trip to Ohio earning a sweep and six league points against Bowling Green.

After this weekend, I'm pretty sure any goaltending questions were just answered for the Wildcats. Look for Ellingson to get the nod both nights... unless Friday is a disaster.

Also of note, make sure you have your pocketbooks handy on Saturday night. Marquette General Hospital is teaming up once again with Wildcat Athletics for "The Pink Experience." A silent auction for pink hockey sticks and a live auction for the jerseys will take place on Saturday night.

http://mgh.org/foundation/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Re: Notre Dame at Northern Mich - Last one out of the CCHA turn off the lights, pleas

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    NMU took a long, quiet bus ride home from Kalamazoo after playing two decent games but rewarded with no league points for the effort and is looking to turn around their fortunes at home; Notre Dame travels North after making a road trip to Ohio earning a sweep and six league points against Bowling Green.

After this weekend, I'm pretty sure any goaltending questions were just answered for the Wildcats. Look for Ellingson to get the nod both nights... unless Friday is a disaster.

Also of note, make sure you have your pocketbooks handy on Saturday night. Marquette General Hospital is teaming up once again with Wildcat Athletics for "The Pink Experience." A silent auction for pink hockey sticks and a live auction for the jerseys will take place on Saturday night.

http://mgh.org/foundation/
    I wouldn't bank on Ellingson for both night yet. I'm certain he will get the nod on Friday and it will go from there. Coreau wasn't pulled on Saturday for poor play. He had no chance on the second goal allowed and the first was the result of coverage breakdowns. The change was more made to shake the team up and alter the momentum. He is still very much in the mix and will see a lot of playing time.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Notre Dame at Northern Mich - Last one out of the CCHA turn off the lights, pleas

This should be a really good series.

I want a sweep, but will be plenty happy with a split. Just like with WMU, it's hard to say what ND has this year, as they haven't really played anyone yet.

Ellingson also looked really good both nights last weekend especially after Coreau was taken out.
      Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
      M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
        I want a sweep, but will be plenty happy with a split. Just like with WMU, it's hard to say what ND has this year, as they haven't really played anyone yet.
        tUMD might take issue with being characterized as not really anyone.
        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

This should be a really good series.

According to the Pairwise rankings and INCH, ND's SOS is #5...... I would say ND has 90% returned from last year, the only difference is inconsistent play so far. Costello and Sheehan have missed a number of games. Its nice to see the CCHA teams all doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
            tUMD might take issue with being characterized as not really anyone.
            Oops, forgot about that

Otherwise, a pretty light schedule.
            Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
            M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Oops, forgot about that

Otherwise, a pretty light schedule.
              Bowling Green and Ohio State are both over .500 as well.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                Bowling Green and Ohio State are both over .500 as well.
                And Michigan Tech is undefeated at home so far. When will the full moon looking down upon college hockey end?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

look for some big wins by NMU

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
                    look for some big wins by NMU

Don't expect too much from NMU. The Irish are easily the most talented team they have faced so far. ND has many NHL caliber players who have dominated this year. The Cats will have to be on top of their game at all times to get any points this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                      Don't expect too much from NMU. The Irish are easily the most talented team they have faced so far. ND has many NHL caliber players who have dominated this year. The Cats will have to be on top of their game at all times to get any points this weekend.
                      While Notre Dame has some NHL caliber skaters, I'd have to say only a couple of our guys have been dominant, and the team as a whole far from it. I think everyone knows what Lee is bringing to the ice, and Tynan has scored in every game this season so far as well. But Notre Dame looked poor in the opening loss to UMD, then played poorly to open the next night. We were completely outplayed by OSU in that loss (only a spirited 3rd period made it a game) and Bowling Green stayed with Notre Dame both nights last weekend. Hardly a recipe for cakewalks by Notre Dame. The series has been fairly one sided since Jackson arrived, but past results don't have a lot to do with games yet to be played. We probably have more potential and a better record, you guys have more impressive wins and home ice. One other small advantage is Notre Dame now has an olympic ice sheet to prepare on. It hasn't made much difference in the recent past having to practice on the smaller surface, but anything helps. I'm guessing two close games.

Comment

I'd like to see the Cats win this weekend, but Notre Dame is just plain scary this year. I do think NMU could steal one from them. I watched Northern play the Badgers in their season opener and the Cats looked impressive. They've beat some tough teams already this year. I predict a split.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                          Who for Notre Dame has dominated besides Lee and Tynan? NMU has 10 players with 4 or more points this year while ND has 8. NMU has played one more game than the Irish. This matchup is a lot closer than you might think, due in part to NMU's depth and home ice for the Cats.

Comment

I think this will be an excellent weekend of hockey. I hope NMU can pull off at least one victory, but cheering them on at the Berry is always terrific. So far I've been proud of the 'Cats, they've got far more depth then I figured they would and you just never know which player is going to be clutch. I am excited for this weekend, go Cats go Cats go Cats go.

Comment

Should be a great series, NMU will finally have their normally line up back (DQ's and Games last weekend). I expect at least one win against this strong Notre Dame team. It would also be nice to see another weekend with a packed berry events center!

Go Cats!
                              NMU

Comment

Working...
                              X