Ohio State vs Wisconsin 11/4 - 11/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Wisconsin 11/4 - 11/5

Big series this weekend at the OSU Ice Rink! It's a battle between the #2 and #3 teams in the WCHA. Wisconsin is still ranked #1 in the polls, and rightly so. It will be a big challenge for our Buckeyes. Cannot wait to get there Friday and Saturday! What's everyone's thoughts on this? I will be happy if we can get one of the two and split.

Re: Ohio State vs Wisconsin 11/4 - 11/5

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    I will be happy if we can get one of the two and split.
    With the way the Badgers are playing I think a split would be a very good outcome indeed...rest assured we Gopher fans will be pulling for you!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Small miracles have taken place before, but I'd bring a good book just in case.
      Last edited by CanHockGuy; 10-31-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
        Small miracles have taken place before, but I'd bring a good book just in case.
        LOL, duly noted! Win or lose, I think Coach Handrahan is doing a great job with this team, and we certainly have some talented players. Do we have enough talented players to hang with Wisconsin? I think we do. Whether that translates into a win or two this weekend remains to be seen, but I am certainly looking forward to the games. We will find out what we still need to work on, and I believe we will have some positive things to take from this series as well.

Comment

LOL, duly noted! Win or lose, I think Coach Handrahan is doing a great job with this team, and we certainly have some talented players. Do we have enough talented players to hang with Wisconsin? I think we do. Whether that translates into a win or two this weekend remains to be seen, but I am certainly looking forward to the games. We will find out what we still need to work on, and I believe we will have some positive things to take from this series as well.
          I'd love to see the Buckeyes grab some points in Madison. Last thing I want to do is throw the wet blanket on your enthusiasm, but I have to be honest and say after those beatdowns in Grand Forks I think some of your conclusions may be premature. Those were very surprising results to me considering the talent that Ohio State has...which we agree on. One blowout on the road you can call it a bad day. Two consecutive beatings like that would be very puzzling...a little disconcerting to me. The two squeakers in Mankato would cause me concern headed into Madison as well. Some of those results would have me thinking the Buckeyes are playing below their potential at this time...not ideal if you're about to play Wisconsin.

I am hoping the Buckeyes put it together and really challenge UW. they have the players to do it I believe.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Do we have enough talented players to hang with Wisconsin? I think we do.
            You came very close last year in Madison, and it is possible that you could catch UW letting down slightly after their tough stretch. Obviously, you'll have to score more than you have the last couple of weeks and avoid repeating the Grand Forks performance in your own zone.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The schedule I saw has these game be played in Columbus, unless there has been a change of some sort. I am not sure it matters as I think Wisco is at a different level than OSU, even with home ice on their side.

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                The schedule I saw has these game be played in Columbus, unless there has been a change of some sort. I am not sure it matters as I think Wisco is at a different level than OSU, even with home ice on their side.
                Right you are...my mistake on the location for this match-up. Yes...still going to be tough for OSU to take points, but that's what I'm hoping for. I would speculate that at some point the Buckeyes are going to elevate their game above what they've shown thus far. Be a good weekend for that.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

OSU will be without Spooner this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
                    You are correct. The games are being played at the OSU Ice Rink. @Brooky, I agree with you that our team needs to elevate its game if they want points this weekend, and that is basically what I am counting on. It was a tough weekend in Grand Forks a couple weekends ago, but I am sure our team learned from that experience. In regard to the performance in Mankato this past weekend, I'll take six points on the road anyway we can get them. Not sure what happened with our offense, but we've shown this season that we can score goals, so I am not going to panic on that just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
                      Four Nations?!?

Comment

Well that's less than optimum for this series.
                        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Will the Badgers be without anyone? I know that they have several players in the Hockey Canada mix, but that may be more for U-22 events.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                            Will the Badgers be without anyone? I know that they have several players in the Hockey Canada mix, but that may be more for U-22 events.
                            Could be, but nothing reported on the UW website concerning it. Normally, it's mentioned if their players are playing in an international tournament.

Ohio State, without Spooner, will be hard-pressed to keep up with Wisconsin this weekend. I still remember her almost single-handedly beating the Badgers two years ago in the WCHA playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                              Ohio State, without Spooner, will be hard-pressed to keep up with Wisconsin this weekend.
                              They are probably one of the best examples of what we were discussing in the Badgers' thread regarding a team being without a top forward. I'd hazard a guess that their record over the last couple of years when she is out of the lineup is below their norm no matter the opponent.

Comment

Working...
                              X