Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado College at University Nebraska Omaha 4/5 Nov - Onward to Omaha!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado College at University Nebraska Omaha 4/5 Nov - Onward to Omaha!

Very excited for this hockey series. Five Tiger fans along with myself will make the road trip by van from Colorado Springs to Omaha. Four guys and two gals (chicks really). We will be staying with the CC team while in Omaha at a undisclosed location. But we need the help of Mavrick fans to tell us some good locations to party before and/or after both games. We are also considering going to the Old Market District early Saturday afternoon.

Where do Mavrick fans go before and after the games?

Go Tigers!!
    Last edited by CCtig; 10-30-2011, 09:09 PM.
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Colorado College at University Nebraska Omaha 4/5 Nov - Onward to Omaha!

Go down to the Old Market they have enough restraunts and bars to satisfy anyone.
    Unleash the fury!

Comment

This is cool, I received word this afternoon from the Colorado Springs Gazette Newspaper's sport's writer that he wants to interview the six of us this Friday before the game in Omaha.
      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

A couple of places I can recommend are The Upstream it's a brewhouse with a full menu with a wide variety of food. It's on 11th and Jones St. Another place is Spaghetti Works on 11th and Howard they have all you can eat pasta with several sauces and pasta to choose from. They are on the same block in the old market can't miss them. Looking forward to a good weekend of hockey!
        Unleash the fury!

Comment

is this on directv?? should be a good series..

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
            This is cool, I received word this afternoon from the Colorado Springs Gazette Newspaper's sport's writer that he wants to interview the six of us this Friday before the game in Omaha.
            Aye, yi, yi. Some Colorado Springs hack wants to interview you and John Texaco? That should sell a lot of papers.
            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
            sigpic
            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
              Aye, yi, yi. Some Colorado Springs hack wants to interview you and John Texaco? That should sell a lot of papers.
              I'm sure it will sell a lot of papers... Isn't the Rocky Mountain News going to interview some DU fans or Charlie Sheen or something this weekend?
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              Originally posted by duper
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Very excited for this hockey series. Five Tiger fans along with myself will make the road trip by van from Colorado Springs to Omaha. Four guys and two gals (chicks really). We will be staying with the CC team while in Omaha at a undisclosed location. But we need the help of Mavrick fans to tell us some good locations to party before and/or after both games. We are also considering going to the Old Market District early Saturday afternoon.

Where do Mavrick fans go before and after the games?

Go Tigers!!
                Safe travels and have a great time! See ya in a few weeks for the Wisco games!

Comment

UNO fans, what can we expect from the Mavs this weekend? I think I picked the Tigers to finish 2nd and the Mavs to finish 3rd in the WCHA, so if both teams live up to my expectations this should be a good series. My notes from when I was making my pre-season predictions list UNO as having as good a top 6 returning forwards as any team in the league, but listed depth both at forward and defense as question marks. With experience in goal and a great coaching staff, I expect UNO will have a solid year.
                  Has it played out that way so far? Is anyone out due to injury? How did they look against UW last weekend?

For CC, I think everyone is healthy. The coaches have made significant changes to the lineup the second night of both series so far, and I expect that to continue. The top line with Jaden and Rylan Schwartz and Scott Winkler has dominated the scoring for CC so far, but in my opinion CC's greatest strength this year is the depth of returning scoring. The guys who play on each line last year all put up decent point totals, so when the top line is shut down I think they'll find a way to win games. I also think CC's defenemen have improved from last season, both due to bringing in some solid freshmen as well as returning players making progress during the summer. Statistically Howe has been fantastic with a GAA below 1.0 and a save percentage over 96%, but he hasn't faced an offense as potent as UNO's.

I am hoping for a split this weekend. I think the Tigers' home schedule sets up well, and a split on the road against an upper division WCHA team is a good result.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post

Ha! I miss you man!

I'm gonna tell him how much DU (or is it the University of Metro?) sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt View Post
                      Safe travels and have a great time! See ya in a few weeks for the Wisco games!
                      Right on Dude!

Comment

Ha! I miss you man!

Don't worry... He already told me himself! I'm honestly a little worried about CO14ers after this weekend so I'm going to bring back a souvenir for him when I'm in Cleveland in a few weeks. He needs a "pick me up" and I want to add some legitimacy to his Cleveland Steamer attitude.
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Articles on the upcoming series:

http://www.gazette.com/sports/hockey...e-promise.html
                          http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/...-injury/32333/
                          http://www.omaha.com/article/2011110...lance-for-mavs
                          http://www.omaha.com/article/2011110...-for-mavericks

Comment

Ha! I miss you man!

I hope you, Plaxico and the rest of your traveling party have a safe and fun trip. I'll be keeping an eye on that "FiftySevener's" vs. Horse Steaks series.
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Interesting series here. Should find out whether CC is for real or not. Good luck to both squads!
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X