Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whiny Whiny OZ Fans

Originally posted by UCAlum32 View Post
    Looking over the threads from last night what else would you expect from Oz fans can' give credit where credit is due, and have to ***** about the goal judge and ref calls when the refs up in Oswego refs are more crocked the the soviet sickle. For all those whiny Oz fans out there I got just two words for you SCORE BOARD. See you in January when you can complain about your own goal judges just like you complain about your radio broadcasts.

Good Game UC, How about some of those pioneer fans on campus track down some video of that goal so we can post it for Oswego to whine about some more.
    Just curious. Was this your first game ever?????? The refs in DIII leave alot to be desired every night, in every barn. Well maybe not every night, but almost. Heard tell that the video guy for Oswego, felt it did not go in, from his footage. Didn't see it, don't know. Either way, you have to accept this type of call every
    time on the ice. It can't factor into your win or loss. The Players have to be prepared every night. The teams that do that best, will overcome the short comingsof officials. It was my first game of the year, But Oswego looked sketchy at best. Only the Moodie line looked sharp all 3 periods. They will gel in time and be as good as any team in DIII. I'll save you a seat for January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oldtimehockey

Comment

Here's the link, if anyone is interested. http://www.wktv.com/sports/local/Pio...132867723.html

It's not in HD or anything, but it's pretty conclusive.The puck definitely disappears under the crossbar. It was in.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-02-2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        All I got to say is, I feel sorry for Geneseo on Friday...
        I'm a Bills fan and all, but the Bart Scott quote seems appropriate.

Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
          I'm a Bills fan and all, but the Bart Scott quote seems appropriate.

Copy cat lol
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Here's the link, if anyone is interested. http://www.wktv.com/sports/local/Pio...132867723.html

It's not in HD or anything, but it's pretty conclusive.The puck definitely disappears under the crossbar. It was in.
            In, out, games over, move on!

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
              Thank you, because i'm not and i'm a Utica College fan.

Obviously the Oswego fans are going to be a little cranky, their team (who was ranked 2nd at the time) just lost to a signifigantly lower ranked team, by one goal....that was contraversial even after a video replay. Both teams played great and Utica deserved the win, regaurdless of some calls that Utica should have had called on them and viseversa with Oswego St. What happend, happend, so lets all just get over it as much as possible, accept it and remember that January isint that far away because we all know with how intense every season is, that it'll be here faster than we all know. Oswego is gonna get its chance soon enough on their turf.

I sat behind the goal, right next to the goaljudge and can tell you that even i still can't deliberate whether it was clearly a goal or not, it happend so fast.

In the Utica College thread on here i put a bit into the game overall, some of you may want to check it out at some point.
              If it appears that as Oswego fans are whining about the game sat, in utica, it is because that's the way it allways is when you lose, or when your team loses. We travel with the team on the road and we see the level of participation from other teams fans. It was a good fan base sat. in Utica for the utica team. We see at most rinks little show of respect for their own teams. When your team salutes it's fans and there is no one there it is sad at best. Whether we lose or not, at home or away you will never see oswego fans leave the rink early. If that sounds arrogant you are wrong. The Oswego fans a very passionate about their hockey team, and it has been this way for many years.

Comment

There were a lot of OSU fans there that night, relatively speaking.

Generally, D-3 fans travel very poorly, as in "only friends and family" making the trip, but I'm going to guess that maybe 150 folks were dressed in Laker garb that evening.

A history of success is key; not many care to drive any distance to see what is likely to be a loss for their adopted team, because that just messes up the entire sense of vicarious triumph that we all seem to crave as sports fans... So, one can pretty-much predict the visitors' attendance based on how their team is doing that season, or traditionally.

Still, Cortland and Brockport followers show up in visible numbers whenever their teams play there, as do those from Curry (!)...
                Elmira is usually the best-represented visitor at The Aud, though, and I'm hoping for another plate of revenge-served-cold on Friday. (All I want to hear is the silence of the cowbells.)

Perhaps this is the season during which Utica actually gets a puff or two of the cigar, ya never know...And I won't be surprised if they do.
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-03-2011, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Looked like a goal to me. Although nothing is 100% both camera angles and the video quality weren't great.

Utica please stop *****ing about Oz fans. When you start making the NCAAs on a regular basis and think that your team should win every game you'll understand. When you grow your true fan base and have as much passion as Oswego fans then I'll take you more seriously. (FYI: The 3,000 Utica townies that just go to games at the aud to drink for their weekend entertainment don't count. It's not our fault there's nothing else to do in Utica)

Comment

Originally posted by OSULaker09 View Post
                    Looked like a goal to me. Although nothing is 100% both camera angles and the video quality weren't great.

Utica please stop *****ing about Oz fans. When you start making the NCAAs on a regular basis and think that your team should win every game you'll understand. When you grow your true fan base and have as much passion as Oswego fans then I'll take you more seriously. (FYI: The 3,000 Utica townies that just go to games at the aud to drink for their weekend entertainment don't count. It's not our fault there's nothing else to do in Utica)
                    I can't understand why people hate Oswego fans

It's arrogant comments such as these that tarnish the fan base.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

I know. Some keep insisting on digging the hole deeper...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

If only we could go back to 1998 and the old boards and bring back some P&G memoeries lol its amazing what growing up (or sort of) can do to the outlook on things in here. Everyone has them, just have to roll the eyes and move on....remember Derek we use to get that a lot....and still do.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Agreed!!
                          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

The puck went under the crossbar, into the net, the light came on and the scoreboard changed, end of story. They weren't screwed, there was no phantom goal, they simply got beat by a hungrier team. Utica is big and quick and they have good goalies, and they match up perfectly with Oswego. Utica is built to beat teams like Oswego and they did just that, and I say good for them. It is good for D3 hockey to have a team like Utica to be a threat on the National level.

OSULaker09, if you think Oswego should win every game then it must be you haven't been following them that long. I have been following Oswego State hockey since I was five (about 20 years) and in that time I have seen them blow a lot of opportunities to get to number 1, to win the SUNYAC playoffs and to win the National championship by playing uninspired and committing awful turnovers. You would think some of you folks would be used to it by now. All of the sudden Oswego has won five straight over Plattsburgh and we have people (not just on this board) thinking they are invincible. I will let you in on a little secret, they aren't. And as far as there not being anything to do in Utica, there isn't much to do in Oswego during the winter either unless you spend most of your time in the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                              The puck went under the crossbar, into the net, the light came on and the scoreboard changed, end of story. They weren't screwed, there was no phantom goal, they simply got beat by a hungrier team. Utica is big and quick and they have good goalies, and they match up perfectly with Oswego. Utica is built to beat teams like Oswego and they did just that, and I say good for them. It is good for D3 hockey to have a team like Utica to be a threat on the National level.

OSULaker09, if you think Oswego should win every game then it must be you haven't been following them that long. I have been following Oswego State hockey since I was five (about 20 years) and in that time I have seen them blow a lot of opportunities to get to number 1, to win the SUNYAC playoffs and to win the National championship by playing uninspired and committing awful turnovers. You would think some of you folks would be used to it by now. All of the sudden Oswego has won five straight over Plattsburgh and we have people (not just on this board) thinking they are invincible. I will let you in on a little secret, they aren't. And as far as there not being anything to do in Utica, there isn't much to do in Oswego during the winter either unless you spend most of your time in the bars.
                              and whats wrong with spending time in the bars

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                and whats wrong with spending time in the bars
                                Nothing, if you like hanging out in the bars. Those of us that don't have to find something else to do once racing season ends at Brewerton, Fulton and Oswego. A large number of the townies at Laker games are racing people that use Laker hockey to keep them from going stir crazy during the winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X