Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sioux vs Gophers - Sioux invade the John...

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yeah, it's that kind of culture that I miss about the upper Midwest. Colorado, while naturally beautiful and majestic, and having great weather for the most part, lacks uniqueness, largely due to the half/half native/transplant nature. Plus, Colorado natives like to throw it in your face whenever you get the chance. It is pretty annoying.
    Never got the throw it in your face attitude. It was more like "you haven't met MORE of us? Wow!" Genuine shock.

Anyway, you're an ahole, and suck turdbiscuits. I hope you lose to whatever hack team your playing this week.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
      Not that I really give 2 ****s about this "traveling fan" cock measuring contest...
      But there are a lot of UND fans in North Dakota who aren't UND alum.
      And there are A LOT of North Dakota folks in CO.
      And there are EVEN MORE North Dakotans who have family in CO.
      And (admittedly anecdotal), there are a lot of folks in North Dakota who make Denver a preferential travel destination.

I'm not sure your comparison based on superficial, anecdotal observation is a fair one.
      Then again, I don't give 2 ****s about this comparison....and I do think the UND fan base probably has a higher "per capita" traveling rate.
      You can make all the excuses that you want, but more North Dakota fans travel to Colorado for college hockey than any other state. It really is that simple.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Never got the throw it in your face attitude. It was more like "you haven't met MORE of us? Wow!" Genuine shock.

Anyway, you're an ahole, and suck turdbiscuits. I hope you lose to whatever hack team your playing this week.
        You're worse than this one ***** I met on the lightrail back in '08 for the Frozen Four.
        North Dakota

Comment

FS23, I love you when it comes to unbiased pure hockey analysis (and I think you've seen me say as much several times before), but I'm not on board with your "our fans are better than..." analysis.

btw this place misses brian, dagies, sic, Wilbur...

Comment

You're worse than this one ***** I met on the lightrail back in '08 for the Frozen Four.
            Oh, Bakunin? Yeah he's an arsehole. This one UND fan I met in a similar situation....what a clueless jack bag. We're wearing hockey gear, and he asks if we follow USCHO. What an idiot!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              FS23, I love you when it comes to unbiased pure hockey analysis (and I think you've seen me say as much several times before), but I'm not on board with your "our fans are better than..." analysis.

btw this place misses brian, dagies, sic, Wilbur...
              I'm not saying that North Dakota fans are "better." I merely stated that Sioux fans travel better to Colorado, while Gopher fans travel better to SCSU, Mankato and Wisconsin, and probably Duluth (that post was probably several pages back). I base this off of attending several UND-DU, UND-CC, UM-DU, UM-CC, UW-DU and UW-CC games over the past six years.

Thank you for your love, and I do wish Wilbur would post more. I went to high school with him, and he was quite the goalie in his day.
              North Dakota

Comment

Oh, Bakunin? Yeah he's an arsehole. This one UND fan I met in a similar situation....what a clueless jack bag. We're wearing hockey gear, and he asks if we follow USCHO. What an idiot!
                That was quite the interesting encounter.
                North Dakota

Comment

That was quite the interesting encounter.
                  Yes, yes, it was. Actually, I think I still owe you a beer, but not this week, you doosh.

I do find it humorous that I've been PM'd twice in the last hour about flood comments on GPL by moron Sue fans. That's (sadly) a new high.

You people have no sense of humor.

Comment

Ultimately, I judge a lot of my thoughts based on the sheer amount of North Dakota license plates that are on campus during those weekends.
                    Ok - I was simply trying to figure out how you would know whether they traveled or live out there. Obviously, if I lived out there, I'd attend any Gopher games that occur at CC or DU but would hardly be considered "traveling" for the games.

And I know all too well how strong the UND presence is - I was surrounded by their fans at the region final in '07 (I was in the lower level in the section behind Frazee in OT and had an all-too-clear view of that GWG).

Comment

Yes, yes, it was. Actually, I think I still owe you a beer, but not this week, you doosh.

I do find it humorous that I've been PM'd twice in the last hour about flood comments on GPL by moron Sue fans. That's (sadly) a new high.

You people have no sense of humor.
                      You people! YOU PEOPLE!! What is that supposed to mean!!!

Well, I'm not sure when I'll be back out that way, but you can gladly buy me a beer if you come down for a CC or DU series.
                      North Dakota

Comment

You people! YOU PEOPLE!! What is that supposed to mean!!!

Well, I'm not sure when I'll be back out that way, but you can gladly buy me a beer if you come down for a CC or DU series.
                        March 3rd 2012 weekend (I think that's the date). I'll be there that weekend for the Tech-CC series. Why? Original plan is to see friends, and since MN is not headed to CC this year, MTU was the second choice. I hope to make it a 5-day weekend (Thu-Mo).

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          Ok - I was simply trying to figure out how you would know whether they traveled or live out there. Obviously, if I lived out there, I'd attend any Gopher games that occur at CC or DU but would hardly be considered "traveling" for the games.

And I know all too well how strong the UND presence is - I was surrounded by their fans at the region final in '07 (I was in the lower level in the section behind Frazee in OT and had an all-too-clear view of that GWG).
                          That was an amazing game. I was at the Final Five the weekend before and then at the Regional, and both of those games were very well played by both sides. Those two teams were loaded that year, and it is too bad they had to meet at a Regional.
                          North Dakota

Comment

I'm not saying that North Dakota fans are "better." I merely stated that Sioux fans travel better to Colorado....
                            Just proves they will travel far and wide to see something other than flat prairie. "Oh look, kids, there's a hill!"

And when they visit Minneapolis to see the Gophers, everybody in the car just 'ooohs and awes' over all the lights and the tall buildings.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

March 3rd 2012 weekend (I think that's the date). I'll be there that weekend for the Tech-CC series. Why? Original plan is to see friends, and since MN is not headed to CC this year, MTU was the second choice. I hope to make it a 5-day weekend (Thu-Mo).
                              Sounds good. Remind me again before you come out, and I'll try to get tickets to one of the games.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Sounds good. Remind me again before you come out, and I'll try to get tickets to one of the games.
                                I will. I am very much looking forward to this trip. It's been in the works for a month or so.

Edit: I hate you and your arse face.

Comment

Working...
                                X