Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & St. Lawrence 11/4, 11/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Clarkson & St. Lawrence 11/4, 11/5)

The ECAC season starts with the dreaded North Country trip.

We could find out if RPI's tough schedule or CCT's confidence-building schedule is a better way of starting the season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & St. Lawrence 11/4, 11/5)

The North country may not be the horror that it has been in the past-but you can never take Clarkson or SLU for granted. RPI is a better club than their 1-6 OOC record shows. But this is never easy and unless we get healthy fast, we will have trouble scoring up there.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      The North country may not be the horror that it has been in the past-but you can never take Clarkson or SLU for granted. RPI is a better club than their 1-6 OOC record shows. But this is never easy and unless we get healthy fast, we will have trouble scoring up there.
      So far our D and Goalies haven't been able to keep many pucks out of the net so we could be the tonic for your ills!!! We have had two weeks off and it will be interesting to see if they learned anything in that time.
      SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
        So far our D and Goalies haven't been able to keep many pucks out of the net so we could be the tonic for your ills!!! We have had two weeks off and it will be interesting to see if they learned anything in that time.
        Any news about Coach Marsh?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Last I heard, maybe 2 weeks ago, was he was doing better but still no timetable for his return.

As Mike said, we haven't been able to stop a puck if it hit our goalies in the chest. Ok, maybe a bit overboard there, but it has been anything but good. I, too, am interested to see how improved the team is after the early break, but I kind of expect Friday will be ugly as the team adjusts to game speed again. I'm not expecting SLU to come away with any more than 1 point for the weekend, as Union should beat us and RPI, on paper, is a better team than their record despite the tough schedule. Wish I could be up at Appletown for the games, but alas, that **** j-o-b will keep me away from the north country until mid december.

Comment

I have always been impressed by his ability to make the necessary adjustments during a game. Not a lot of coaches can do that. He always seemed to have at least a plan B ready when plan A was not working.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We could find out if RPI's tough schedule or CCT's confidence-building schedule is a better way of starting the season.
              I wish the schedule was reversed, and we played RPI Saturday. I'm sure you will come up here angry over the last several games, and fear you'll take it out on us. Would much rather you beat up SLU, then came to Potsdam Saturday tired from all the goals you score.

The best thing about our schedule (other than the obvious record difference) is that Karpowich has played really well, and hopefully goes into the weekend with extra confidence. I think we can keep it close, and hopefully win it. (Then you can take out even more frustration Saturday!) But with the schedule discrepancy, it's really tough to tell how good/bad either team really is.
              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                I wish the schedule was reversed, and we played RPI Saturday. I'm sure you will come up here angry over the last several games, and fear you'll take it out on us. Would much rather you beat up SLU, then came to Potsdam Saturday tired from all the goals you score.

The best thing about our schedule (other than the obvious record difference) is that Karpowich has played really well, and hopefully goes into the weekend with extra confidence. I think we can keep it close, and hopefully win it. (Then you can take out even more frustration Saturday!) But with the schedule discrepancy, it's really tough to tell how good/bad either team really is.
                One certainly can't tell much from the comparative results to date. Also RPI is supposed to get some or all of its injured players back. If they are playing at full strength they should make a big difference. It has been tough playing without three of our supposedly top four centers.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

All three injured players took part in the team pre-game stretch/warm-up at the east end of the Field House. Whether or not that means they'll be back this week, I don't know.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Live by the sword.....

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      All three injured players took part in the team pre-game stretch/warm-up at the east end of the Field House. Whether or not that means they'll be back this week, I don't know.
                      Did you include Neal too? That makes four.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For SLU, it's very simple: they have to figure out how to stop giving up 6+ goals per game. At this point, it doesn't matter who or where they're playing.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                          the ecac season starts with the formerly dreaded north country trip.
                          fyp
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Did you include Neal too? That makes four.
                            I definitely saw Neal there when they were warming up at that end of the field house.

Comment

Laliberte had a cast on Friday, which had been downgraded to a splint by Saturday's game. Higgs had his fingers taped on Saturday--so maybe he'll be good to go by this weekend? O'Grady has been cleared to exercise, but I don't know if that includes contact, which is the next step before being able to play again.

Comment

Working...
                              X