Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
    Nope, can't make this w'kend as I'm fresh off the trip down to the Chatham games...and before you get started... we took our son's down and went to the Pens/Caps game on the Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh where Malkin gets the OT winner and Ovi gets a 3 game suspension for leaving his feet on a boarding call. Beauty!

I have to admit though...Chatham does play out of a great facility at Shady Side Academy where, judging from the team pics on the arena walls, female hockey appears to be alive and well. Can't understand why they can't recruit out of that program (SSA) as they seem to have younger female teams that play prep out of there. All the same...that Chatham program remains a mystery to me....
    IMHO the all girls format is not for everyone. The campus is beautiful and the school itself is well respected but my D, having just recently gone through the process, was not interested in an all-girls environment. For those that go, I am sure they will have an awesome four years.

Cali
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

• Re: D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

Originally posted by Cali View Post
      IMHO the all girls format is not for everyone. The campus is beautiful and the school itself is well respected but my D, having just recently gone through the process, was not interested in an all-girls environment. For those that go, I am sure they will have an awesome four years.

Cali
      Bingo...you nailed it...all girls format is a show stopper.

And 5-4...glad you got to watch some hockey on the weekend!! (Ovie's such a jughead!!)

Comment

Amherst 1 - Norwich 0 after 2 at Orr.

Webcast available, follow the link here:

https://www.amherst.edu/athletics/te...2/0123_norwich
        Last edited by dontyelldad; 01-24-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
          Amherst 1 - Norwich 0 after 2 at Orr.

Webcast available, follow the link here:

https://www.amherst.edu/athletics/te...2/0123_norwich
          The PBP guy is one of the best in the league...but refuses to give up the SOG...anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            The PBP guy is one of the best in the league...but refuses to give up the SOG...anybody know?
            I assume you caught that, but SOG: Amherst: 13-6-* (19), Norwich 8-12-* (20) through 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dontyelldad View Post
              I assume you caught that, but SOG: Amherst: 13-6-* (19), Norwich 8-12-* (20) through 2.
              I need a translator.... Thanks...Great game!

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                I need a translator.... Thanks...Great game!
                Translator for me or for Hugh? SOG after 2 = AC 19 NU = 20.

Update: Amherst 2- NU 0

And that's the final.
                Last edited by dontyelldad; 01-24-2012, 07:52 PM.

Comment

well, well, well...a fine mess we're in now Ollie!

Comment

Dunning sets up this weekends tilt between EC and Platty. Should be a good one. Not sure about the quoted gametime though. Both the EC and Platty sched's says 3pm Eastern on both Saturday and Sunday..

http://www.uscho.com/2012/01/27/elmira-back-on-top/
                    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Looks like it will be an interesting weekend up in the frozen country! UWSP vs. UWS. I was wondering if anyone might be flying in from Arizona! Lol. Good luck to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by row43seat43 View Post
                        Looks like it will be an interesting weekend up in the frozen country! UWSP vs. UWS. I was wondering if anyone might be flying in from Arizona! Lol. Good luck to both teams.
                        Well with my wealthy teacher salary...of course I will be....

Actually no...I can't be there....I won't even be able to watch tonights game....but will be watching tomorrow on www.ifan.tv !!
                        UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                        NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                        Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Hamilton 2 - Midd 1 final in OT...breakaway goal with 10 secs left for the Continentals. Previous breakaway goal by Zimmerman in the third to tie the game. The upset of the evening. Midd gave up a few odd-man rushes like that and couldn't cash in on the many PP opportunities -- Hazlett strong in net for the home team. Re-match tomorrow.
                          "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                          -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

GAC 4, Concordia MN 1

Comment

St mikes knocks off Castleton in the Vermont sap bucket game...st mikes has won only twice so far this season (they might want to consider adopting me as mascot ("the Stay-Puffs") since I have been at both. Madeleine Santore providing all of st mikes offensive punch as she does with aggressive rushes and skill scores the first goal and gets the assist on her breakaway with around 1,in left in regulation to tie it up 2-2. 15 seconds into overtime Santore carries the face off deep into the spartan zone and it cycles back to the point for the high stick side gamewinner --- stunner
                              "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                              -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Final in Elmira. Plattsburgh wins 4-1 (ENG).
                                Tigers need EC to win tomorrow to have a chance at 1st place.
                                RIT TIGERS
                                2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X