Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

concordia 3 adrian 2 oh well now we know Adrian is not in the mix. They are just another below average team this season. Expected a drop off with the talent they lost but not this. I have seen bad hockey before and believe me this is bad hockey. Dont think I will waste anymore time watching them this year. Have to see if they can regroup next year. overall an embarassing season for the team and school. Better have a strong class come in next year otherwise they are in trouble this group is not gettin it done.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
      Lake Forest over UWRF 4-2
      St. Norbert over UWS 1-0

Both would be considered upsets???
      yes they would...Lake Forest over RF bigger than SNC over UWS

UWS looked lethargic at times...i'm guessing the month off came back to bite them with not being in game shape ofr the weekend.
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Cardinals get big win over No. 1 RIT
        PSU women's hockey team hands No. 1 RIT first loss of the season
        JOHN CORYER

PLATTSBURGH — Friday night, the Plattsburgh State women's hockey team put the first blemish on RIT's record.

Saturday afternoon, the Cardinals did one better by handing the top-ranked Tigers their first loss of the season.

Morgan MacInnis scored two goals and Sydney Aveson was outstanding in net as the determined Cardinals skated to a 3-1 ECAC West win at the Stafford Ice Arena.

Plattsburgh State, following up on a 1-all overtime tie the night before, improved to 10-3-2 overall and 8-0-2 in the conference, while RIT dropped to 14-1-1 overall and 8-1-1 in the league.

"It was a big win for us on a national level, but even a greater win for us in the league," Plattsburgh State coach Kevin Houle said. "It was a huge, huge win for our team.

"I couldn't be prouder of the girls and they have every right to feel good about themselves."

The Cardinals took a 2-0 lead in the first period and then hung on the rest of the way, with the help of Aveson, who stopped 34 of 35 shots.

"This was a huge confidence boost for us — our record doesn't reflect on how good a team we are," Aveson said. "We were on the same page (Saturday) and showed we can do it."

The Cardinals came out strong on Saturday and took the lead at 8:04 of the first when MacInnis scored from in front after taking a pass from Shannon Stewart.

Then, with 1:32 left in the opening period, it was Stewart's turn when she backhanded a shot past RIT goalie Laura Chamberlain from in front, with MacInnis and Teal Gove assisting.

"I felt we played extremely well again at the start of the game and into the second period," Houle said. "I felt we were able to take the game to them."

Perhaps the turning point in the contest came with 16:13 gone in the second period when the Cardinals were whistled for slashing and interference penalties, putting Plattsburgh State down two skaters for a full two minutes.

The Cardinals, however, were able to kill it off.

"We did a great job on the penalty kill," Houle said. "RIT showed their skill and talent moving the puck on the power play.

But, that was the turning point of the game because we killed it off and kept them from taking the momentum."

There were some anxious moments for the Cardinals in the third period, however.

Kristina Moss, who scored RIT's lone goal on Friday night, brought the Tigers to within one when she sent a rocket into the net at 12:32.

Plattsburgh State then had to kill off another penalty that was called with 5:20 left in the third to maintain its lead.

RIT wanted to pull Chamberlain for an extra attacker in the final minute, but was unable to do so as the Cardinals were able to apply some pressure of their own.

With 33 seconds left, Plattsburgh State's MacInnis and Gove had a 2-on-1 down low and MacInnis put in the rebound to add the finishing touch.

The Cardinals ended up with a 40-35 shot advantage, with Chamberlain making 37 stops for the Tigers.

But, Aveson's performance was a key in the Cardinals' win.

"She did a great job," Houle said. "She had a big weekend for us. RIT came out like gang busters in the third period and we were able to hang on."

"I tend to play better when it's more stressful," Aveson said. "But, it makes it easier when your team is playing that well in front of you.

"I like to get a lot shots on goal because it keeps your head in the game. My best save today was when I lost my stick in the second period and had to make a glove save."

Plattsburgh State didn't get any home cooking Saturday as the Cardinals were whistled for six penalties and the Tigers only three.

The Cardinals hit the road this coming weekend for ECAC West games at Oswego on Saturday night at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m.

"What happened this weekend will probably put Elmira in first place in the conference," Houle said. "They haven't been beaten and are playing Neumann this weekend.

"But, they haven't played us or RIT yet."

Plattsburgh State 3, RIT 1

Score by periods:

RIT 0 0 1 — 1

Plattsburgh State 2 0 1 — 3

First period- 1, PSU, MacInnis (Stewart), 8:04. 2, PSU, Stewart (MacInnis, Gove), 18:28.

Second period- no scoring.

Third period- 3, RIT, Moss (Scoyne), 12:32. 4, PSU, MacInnis (Gove), 19:27.

Shots on goal:

RIT 11 10 14 — 35

Plattsburgh State 14 14 12 — 40

Goaltenders (shots-saves): Chamberlain, RIT, 40-37. Aveson, PSU, 35-34.

Power plays (goals-opportunities): RIT, 0-3. Plattsburgh State, 0-2.

Comment

Seymore...couldn't you just post the link to the article instead of the whole article???
          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
            Seymore...couldn't you just post the link to the article instead of the whole article???
            Leave him alone GoJ...he's the only fan they have.

Comment

Elmira leading the Newman Nights 2-1 after 2. SOG: 30-20 EC.
              Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 01-15-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

4-1 final from Pine Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  Just like his skating, he needs large print, plenty of room to stop and lots of white space -- can't read it online or he'd have to view it through the glass...
                  plus he's extra proud and wants to frame it properly at center ice..surprised he didn't make a "banner ad" out of it :-)
                  Last edited by Phil D. Stands; 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM.
                  "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                  -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                    Elmira leading the Newman Nights 2-1 after 2. SOG: 30-20 EC.
                    Good for Neumann on keeping this game close. They seem to be underachieving this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                      Leave him alone GoJ...he's the only fan they have.
                      Hey I resemble that remark!! Actually, there were more than 1,100 attendees at the two games this past weekend at the Stafford. Just seems nobody follows USCHO.

Hey GoJ...just trying to make your life a little simpler that's all.

...and as for Phil...Huh?? Ne comprendez pas???

Comment

Adrian bounces back with a 7-3 win over Concordia-WI. Wish I could have been there to see it (family commitments). First home game (out of 4) that I've missed so far.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                          Hey GoJ...just trying to make your life a little simpler that's all.
                          yeah, not so much. it may be easier for you, but it's less annoying and easier on the eyes when it's not copy and pasted into a forum. it's really not that to post a link

example... a new story about jack jablonski
                          http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/n...ki_Jan_14_2012
                          haters gonna hate

Comment

Scholastica got Monika back this weekend but still no Nina...

Two ties against Augsburg.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Scholastica got Monika back this weekend but still no Nina...

Two ties against Augsburg.
                              which does not come close to justifying a #10 ranking....just saying I know your in love with the Waidacher's but CSS isn't there yet.

Augsburg also tied Marian and Finlandia
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

• Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                                which does not come close to justifying a #10 ranking....just saying I know your in love with the Waidacher's but CSS isn't there yet.

Augsburg also tied Marian and Finlandia
                                Can't win with you. Say the west needs more respect. I give it to them and you still find fault.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X