Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 Scores and Highlights - Let the season begin!

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
    try this one:

http://tinyurl.com/csdbwgx

it's not the same game tho, but I think I found you and maybe one of the previous posters looking the wrong way

or try again (without preview mode) -- just remember to leave a US dollar on the counter

http://tinyurl.com/d36pfrn

but...(*sniff*) if you want to remember what you think y'all saw then I'll just keep my preciouses to me-self, me will...nasty hobbits...
    Ya weird i just get this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25NmudB2fqg

I thought only Canadians knitted at hockey games...It's an epidemic!
    Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 11-29-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

I thought only Canadians knitted at hockey games...It's an epidemic!
      yep..two Americans throwing hay-makers at each other without a reason or any sense of defense --- just a regular night on this board -- good find -- did you have that on laser disc?
      "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
      -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

yep..two Americans throwing hay-makers at each other without a reason or any sense of defense --- just a regular night on this board -- good find -- did you have that on laser disc?
        I prefer the Real Thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkOQW-Y-PYA

außergewöhnlich
        Last edited by OnMAA; 11-30-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

As a long time Panther backer I'm just happy to see that the physical play that they discovered late last year has continued. For a number of years the small speedy Panthers led the nation in fewest penalties, and were routinely pushed around by the bigger and badder girls from Platty and Elmira. Then, when Amherst got big they got pushed around by them as well. Now they have figured out how to push back and all of a sudden the purple and gold faithful are upset? I don't recall anyone affiliated with Elmira apologizing for any of Jamie Huntley's scud missile attacks on opposing goalies.

Comment

to those who were at the tournament last wknd, im curious who you think was the best squad on the ice? We all know that any given game can go to either team on the ice, (at times) regardless of skill level. Was the top 10 showdown what it seemingly promised in 4 good match ups, or did any one team seem to stand out?

being an amherst supporter, im also curious as to how the girls looked after losing such a large senior class last year (from the box scores, it seems theyve recovered JUST fine but id love a first hand account

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
              As a long time Panther backer I'm just happy to see that the physical play that they discovered late last year has continued. For a number of years the small speedy Panthers led the nation in fewest penalties, and were routinely pushed around by the bigger and badder girls from Platty and Elmira. Then, when Amherst got big they got pushed around by them as well. Now they have figured out how to push back and all of a sudden the purple and gold faithful are upset? I don't recall anyone affiliated with Elmira apologizing for any of Jamie Huntley's scud missile attacks on opposing goalies.
              I'm not catching what your pitching here Spike. Ol' Phil leads with the term Garbage Hockey so he's going to get a push back. EC fans aren't upset, they love the physical aspect of the game...but if you disrespect the Laura Hurd scarf they will get in your face.

As for Jamie "Bam Bam" Huntley well thats just so...2009. Let it go Spike...Let it go.

Comment

My take as a "neutral" Obserbear:

Plattsburgh-the goal gods were not smiling on the Cardinals (they had several posts before they got a shot to go in on Saturday); showed some life in coming back from 3 down against Amherst to make a game of it with the 2 quick goals in the 3rd, but became frustrated against Midd; goal play needs to be sharper with better D net presence to keep those pesky forwards from the juicy rebounds (there have been years when Plattsburgh D were so good I could have played goal for them). I am sure Coach Houle will have a dangerous squad on the ice by crunch time.

Elmira- has a nice mix of youth and experience in front of a gamer goalie; Charron makes you pay anytime you give her the space; the Soaring Eagles are back (and they play at home a lot in February)

Middlebury-we may have seen the dawn of the Annabelle era (53/54 is not too shabby a weekend's work); play the good team D and do not make mistakes; the offense by committee means you never know which one of their outstanding players will be the one to beat you; hope Styrbicki and Melberg are not out too long; the Annabelle era may just preclude Midd being included in the NESCAC "parity."

Amherst-lost some All-American size to graduation, but seem quicker than last season; I was impressed by their 1st years against Plattsburgh and then they played more like 1st years against Elmira, but clearly quality players in the Amherst '15 class; Lloyd is scary on offense; Clegg is a force and like Swiontowski has been under appreciated for years; and Salerno is a steady, heady D; note to self-be at Orr 1/13-1/14 for the series to determine the regular season NESCAC champ!

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post

Plattsburgh-the goal gods were not smiling on the Cardinals (they had several posts before they got a shot to go in on Saturday); showed some life in coming back from 3 down against Amherst to make a game of it with the 2 quick goals in the 3rd, but became frustrated against Midd; goal play needs to be sharper with better D net presence to keep those pesky forwards from the juicy rebounds (there have been years when Plattsburgh D were so good I could have played goal for them). I am sure Coach Houle will have a dangerous squad on the ice by crunch time.

Elmira- has a nice mix of youth and experience in front of a gamer goalie; Charron makes you pay anytime you give her the space; the Soaring Eagles are back (and they play at home a lot in February)

Middlebury-we may have seen the dawn of the Annabelle era (53/54 is not too shabby a weekend's work); play the good team D and do not make mistakes; the offense by committee means you never know which one of their outstanding players will be the one to beat you; hope Styrbicki and Melberg are not out too long; the Annabelle era may just preclude Midd being included in the NESCAC "parity."

Amherst-lost some All-American size to graduation, but seem quicker than last season; I was impressed by their 1st years against Plattsburgh and then they played more like 1st years against Elmira, but clearly quality players in the Amherst '15 class; Lloyd is scary on offense; Clegg is a force and like Swiontowski has been under appreciated for years; and Salerno is a steady, heady D; note to self-be at Orr 1/13-1/14 for the series to determine the regular season NESCAC champ!
                  Thanks Obserbear!! As always, fair and balanced....great summary!!

Comment

Great stuff. :thumbsup:
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Well although it's a good bit of writing it certainly has a NESCACian edge to it.

I think the most telling sentence is the final one and it sums up the conference in general. The NESCAC Champ will be decided in mid January....

Comment

Well although it's a good bit of writing it certainly has a NESCACian edge to it.

I think the most telling sentence is the final one and it sums up the conference in general. The NESCAC Champ will be decided in mid January....
                        He said regular season NESCAC Champ, which has been the case over the last 5 years. The NESCAC championships have only taken place at Amherst or Middlebury over last 5 years (maybe longer), and none of the other teams have brought in as many solid freshmen as these two teams this year, so I would agree with Obserbear that the weekend of 1/13 and 1/14 will most likely determine where the NESCACs will take place, unless they split. I almost hope they do, as they will then have to play as well as possible, for the team that has an off game and either ties or loses will lose home ice advantage, which is how it should be.

Comment

I'm not catching what your pitching here Spike. Ol' Phil leads with the term Garbage Hockey so he's going to get a push back. EC fans aren't upset, they love the physical aspect of the game...but if you disrespect the Laura Hurd scarf they will get in your face.

As for Jamie "Bam Bam" Huntley well thats just so...2009. Let it go Spike...Let it go.
                          I see now that Phil may have hurled the first arrow; however, as to your advice about getting over Huntley, its nothing to get over. But, if we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it... just having some fun. happy holidays to everyone.

Comment

Final: SNC 3, Concordia 1.
                            SNC Men:
                            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                            SNC Women:
                            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Spike, spike, spike...et tu, Brute?...just cause you got no skin in the game doesn't mean you can bail...are the Blackhawks playing or something? Look, see for yourself...you force me to give them the garbage with the gold to show that 5-4-3-2-1's eyesight is shot and that twofer's idea of blue line is misplaced and that even I mis-placed the thud (which was really a Panther dealing on the Eagle with the puck) at the same time as the foreground up-ending was happening, and for this I have to give up the goals...sigh...so, enjoy --- this is as "real" as it gets

http://tinyurl.com/clhgpnu
                              Last edited by Phil D. Stands; 11-30-2011, 09:18 PM.
                              "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                              -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Spike, spike, spike...et tu, Brute?...just cause you got no skin in the game doesn't mean you can bail...are the Blackhawks playing or something? Look, see for yourself...you force me to give them the garbage with the gold to show that 5-4-3-2-1's eyesight is shot and that twofer's idea of blue line is misplaced and that even I mis-placed the thud (which was really a Panther dealing on the Eagle with the puck) at the same time as the foreground up-ending was happening, and for this I have to give up the goals...sigh...so, enjoy --- this is as "real" as it gets

http://tinyurl.com/clhgpnu
                                Way to come clean Phil. God love ya!

If it wasn't Mark Twains Birthday today I wouldn't even bother but...

"A man can not be comfortable without his own approval" - M.T.
                                Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 11-30-2011, 09:50 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Working...
                                X