Union at UNH 10/28/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union at UNH 10/28/11

Not much to go on here as Union travels north to face UNH. UNH seems to have gotten off to a slow start and Union has an unusual unbeaten record in 5 games with 3 ties. Union also has a 10 game road unbeaten (9-0-1) streak on the line. I know little about UNH but do realize that any HE foe is going to put up a good fight at home.

Re: Union at UNH 10/28/11

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    Not much to go on here as Union travels north to face UNH. UNH seems to have gotten off to a slow start and Union has an unusual unbeaten record in 5 games with 3 ties. Union also has a 10 game road unbeaten (9-0-1) streak on the line. I know little about UNH but do realize that any HE foe is going to put up a good fight at home.
    I think that Union's road unbeaten streak is safe this Friday unless UNH greatly improves its defense from the goalie out and figures out a way to put the puck in the net. I think that most UNH fans are shell-shocked and probably will not be posting much on these threads until things turn around, if things turn around.

Comment

I was thinking of driving up but will probably pass. How is the UNH pay per view?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
        I was thinking of driving up but will probably pass. How is the UNH pay per view?
        not the sharpest, i've bought it 4-5 times but it's good enough.................i like UNH here as Umile starts to right the ship

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          I think that Union's road unbeaten streak is safe this Friday unless UNH greatly improves its defense from the goalie out and figures out a way to put the puck in the net. I think that most UNH fans are shell-shocked and probably will not be posting much on these threads until things turn around, if things turn around.
          Well I'm viewing things on the optimistic side. Since the Northeastern game, which was truly horrific (maybe the worst game they have played since the Kullen days), they have improved every game. Outshot BC, held in there after being down by three goals vs. St. Cloud, then gained their first point of the year. The big thing for me is that they are scoring, which means that they are gaining confidence in the offensive end. The defense is still a work in progress, but I like the idea that Wyer got a start. I expect him to play one of these two games this weekend, just to create some competition with DiGi, who has been shell shocked, no doubt. The performance in front of him vs. NU was abysmal. Bottom line, I fully expect UNH to win one of these two games this weekend, as long as they continue to improve.

Comment

Union's top two lines have been on fire but not showing the same balance from the 3rd and 4th lines as last season. A lot of freshmen have been getting icetime so still a work in progress. Troy Groesnick has acquitted himself well in goal considering he only got into 3 games last year behind Kinkaid. As usual, their success or lack of it will start from the goal on out. If Groesnick gets some help in front and remains solid I think U may have a good shot. A few seasons ago it would be a wish and a prayer to compete with UNH and this should be a good test for them and win or lose will provide some good experience in a hostile big time environment.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              ............I like UNH here as Umile starts to right the ship
              A beat 'em with his bloody stump! WIN!

Disclaimer: A hope, wish and/or dream. Not that I consider it out of the realm of possibility.

Umile and these kids will figure it out and will get much - MUCH - better. The sooner the better for my blood pressure.
              Last edited by Verkligen; 10-27-2011, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                Well I'm viewing things on the optimistic side. Since the Northeastern game, which was truly horrific (maybe the worst game they have played since the Kullen days), they have improved every game. Outshot BC, held in there after being down by three goals vs. St. Cloud, then gained their first point of the year. The big thing for me is that they are scoring, which means that they are gaining confidence in the offensive end. The defense is still a work in progress, but I like the idea that Wyer got a start. I expect him to play one of these two games this weekend, just to create some competition with DiGi, who has been shell shocked, no doubt. The performance in front of him vs. NU was abysmal. Bottom line, I fully expect UNH to win one of these two games this weekend, as long as they continue to improve.

I think the wise thing to do is start Wyer against Union. If he plays well you can stick with him against NU. If he struggles, then you go back to Digi against the Huskies.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
                  I think the wise thing to do is start Wyer against Union. If he plays well you can stick with him against NU. If he struggles, then you go back to Digi against the Huskies.
                  Umile didn't do that, did he? But it worked out as DiGi had his best game of the year by a wide margin. My guess is he will start tomorrow night as well. Very competitive kid, you can say that for sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X