Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Buck

Dear Buck,

Since you let me know this summer that you think we should start seeing other people, I have tried to be understanding and give you the space you claim you need to "grow." As hurt as I was, I thought at first that it might be good for both of us. It's not as if I haven't had others express interest in me, I'll have you know. But I've never really given it a serious thought, because I thought we had something together. I guess I'm just loyal, something you apparently don't understand.

I guess I thought that January night at the Kohl Center in 2001 was as special for you as it was for me--how we just kept going even after we were supposed to stop and you Hukaloed me twice in one weekend--with all those people watching. Do you even remember? And what about our fight over that silly little water bottle and how we made up afterward and how it seemed to bring even more passion into our relationship? Does all that mean nothing to you?

And now I find out you just want to throw that all away--for whom? Ann? Ann Arbor? With her old money and big name connections? You always told me it didn't matter to you that I was from the wrong side of the Red or that I'm flat. But now I guess I know where your mind really is. The gutter, that's where. And don't get me started about Goldie--I've always suspected there was something going on there, despite your constant assurances that you hated her guts.

And what am I supposed to do now, really? Old Pio? Tiger? Oh, don't get me wrong, they're fast and fun (and very good, you should know), but I guess once you have the Great Dane nothing else can fill its place. If they haven't torn down the old Ralph, I hope they do soon, because I don't need the memory at this time in my life.

But don't worry about me. Just go out and "grow" with your Big Time Ten crowd and leave me here alone with a setting sun and winter coming on. But don't expect it to be pleasant next time we meet. I've still got it, even if you don't want it anymore.

Your soon-to-be-ex,
    Sue

Re: Dear Buck

I thought Buck was in a relationship with Chanice Kobolowski?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

We all knew that as soon as Penny State came into the picture Buck wouldn't be able to resist.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I feel for ya, Jan won't be much consolation for you bc she never comes close to going all the way, she always goes home after the first night
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Hahahahahahahaha!
          MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

I'm confused. Who is Macaulay Culkin again?
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              I'm confused. Who is Macaulay Culkin again?
              Holy Cross.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Brilliant!
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  or that I'm flat.
                  Nice
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X