Ncha 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncha 11-12

I scanned through and didn't see a thread already started. I've been so busy I haven't had time to post yet this year...and the seasons already here!

I've already heard some juicy details about Stevens Point....can't wait for that collapse to continue!

Will post more later...just keeping you in suspense.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: Ncha 11-12

yeah, i wasn't comfortable starting the thread. but i'm super excited for this season. it will be tougher for me to attend games this year though as i have transferred to stout... good luck to all the girls
    haters gonna hate

Comment

When it doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
        yeah, i wasn't comfortable starting the thread. but i'm super excited for this season. it will be tougher for me to attend games this year though as i have transferred to stout... good luck to all the girls
        How could you do such a thing?
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
          I scanned through and didn't see a thread already started. I've been so busy I haven't had time to post yet this year...and the seasons already here!

I've already heard some juicy details about Stevens Point....can't wait for that collapse to continue!

Will post more later...just keeping you in suspense.
          Do tell...

Comment

SNC season opener preview:
            http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfil...hockey12-1.pdf
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

... I've already heard some juicy details about Stevens Point....can't wait for that collapse to continue! Will post more later...just keeping you in suspense.
              Seems to me you spent a fair amount of time last season spouting negative comments about the UWSP coach and program. Are we going to see more of the same this year? I just want to remind you of your October 10, 2010, post on a different subject: "I don't really want to air dirty laundry on this site ...." Good advice ... you should listen to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by DedicatedFan View Post
                Seems to me you spent a fair amount of time last season spouting negative comments about the UWSP coach and program. Are we going to see more of the same this year? I just want to remind you of your October 10, 2010, post on a different subject: "I don't really want to air dirty laundry on this site ...." Good advice ... you should listen to yourself!
                Lol...I love people who dig stuff up from years past. I don't see where I "aired dirty laundry" in my post. If I wanted to be more specific I could have been. I don't recall spending large amounts of time last year...but then again it was last year. However, if the coach continues to run the program into the ground...I reserve the right to comment on it.

If you look at the Stevens Point roster, 1 of the 4 goalies on the team last season have returned this year, and that one goalie played a total of 20 minutes. None of them were seniors. Pomering who was their go to starter is no longer there....It will be interesting to see how that will play out.
                Last edited by gojackets; 10-26-2011, 04:09 PM.
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Lake Forest roster:
                  http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1112/rosters/lkfw
                  just 18 players!!
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                    Lake Forest roster:
                    http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1112/rosters/lkfw
                    just 18 players!!
                    And half of them are freshman...what happened down there? They lost 5 seniors off a 21 person roster last year...where'd everyone go?
                    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
                      It looks like it will be an exciting year in the NCHA. You have RF, Superior and Adrian as the front runners and I think SNC will be the sleeper!! What will coach Davis at Adrian bring to the table? Can RF repeat and win the Tourny? Can Superior score more goals? I too would like to wish all the girls good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by row43seat43 View Post
                        Can Superior score more goals? I too would like to wish all the girls good luck!!

This has been a problem for a few years....hopefully they have figured it out!
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

And half of them are freshman...what happened down there? They lost 5 seniors off a 21 person roster last year...where'd everyone go?
                          I heard there was a lot of drama and problems on that team last year so I would guess maybe the coaching staff cleaned house? Although nothing compared to the drama we had on our Bulldog team last year, just sayin'. This could be a good step for the Forresters or a step back, who knows, who cares. All I care about is that its one team that Adrian won't have to worry about now!

Comment

Well here come my long awaited predictions.

Once again...I'm expecting a crazy, tough, season in the NCHA where the top 5 or so teams can beat eachother on any given night.

Finishing in last......Finlandia.

Finlandia had a few solid years where they could at least give some teams a run for their money. But that has all gone away. I don't see them winning a conference game this year...or any games for that matter.

10th: Marian...
                            Marian didn't have to great of a first couple seasons. I think this year as they have grown together as a team they will come away with more wins...maybe 5 or 6. Depending on how far CUW has fallen off, they could be 9.

9th: Concordia
                            Almost a complete roster turnover after last year's surprising run. Their first game is at Marian, so we should get some sort of idea where they are at. Could be a long year.

8th: Stevens Point.
                            Continued turmoil in the locker room and loss of players will plague the Pointers this season. They will be lucky to make the playoffs this year.

7th: St Scholastica
                            Scholastica had an up and down year last season. Beating teams like Concordia, tying Lake Forest, taking Superior to OT, with experience they will get over that hump and win some games this year.

6th: Lake Forest
                            Huge turnover in players last year, small roster, rumors of lockerroom drama...could make it a long year for the Foresters. IF the drop off has been more significant than i'm predicting...we could see them fall to 7 or 8.

Now it gets harder
                            5th: Eau Claire
                            Will they be able to overcome the loss of Faber? Faber had 13 more goals than anyone else on the team last year...who will step up to replace that scoring power?? The Blugolds stingy defense will keep them in the mix, but they don't have the fire power to keep up with the teams above them.

4th: Adrian
                            A collective cry of happiness was heard coming from Adrian, MI last spring as the coach who had lost control of her team was let go. Two of their top 3 scorers from last year return. The loss of Kempson will be tough on them...where's Salis? Probably the best goalie in the league last year as well. The biggest question has got to be, "how will the new coach's program work, and how long will it take to implement? They don't have much time to waste as they play the other four teams in my top five in the first 6 weeks of the season.

3rd: Superior----yes Superior
                            I'm tired of them not scoring goals. Laughlin needs to figure out what is wrong with his power play and why the ladies can't get the puck in the net. Until that happens, they can't compete with the best.

2nd: St Norbert

The Knights hung in with the best of them last season, and I think they will do more than hang in this year. Coach Morgan once again scoured the globe for recruits and brought in some good ones. I forse them giving River Falls a run for their money this season. This team will win the west a title within 3 years.

1st: No shocker--River Falls
                            This team has been the class of the league for the last couple of seasons. With Deardorff in net, they could be almost unstoppable once again(I'm glad she's a senior!). Coach Cranston always has this team firing on all cylinders and should repeat as NCHA champs once again. If they get through the week of Dec 2-10 unscathed..theycould go the whole way. They start that week with 2 vs Superior, at Gustavus on Tuesday, then 2 home vs St Norbert....will be a rough week. Also look forward to Jan. 18th when Amherst comes to town.

There you have it...I'm almost always right
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I'm also going to point out that Adrians first half is brutal.

They travel almost 1800 miles in the first 3 weekends....Thats NYC to Denver!

At least it will be all down hill hill from there!

Fri Oct 28 at Oswego NC 7:00 pm ET
                              Sat Oct 29 at Oswego NC 4:00 pm ET
                              Sat Nov 5 at Wis-River Falls NH 3:05 pm CT
                              Sun Nov 6 at Wis-River Falls NH 12:05 pm CT
                              Fri Nov 11 at Wis-Superior NH 7:00 pm CT
                              Sat Nov 12 at Wis-Superior NH 2:00 pm CT
                              Sat Nov 19 ST. NORBERT NH 7:00 pm ET
                              Sun Nov 20 ST. NORBERT NH 2:00 pm ET
                              Fri Dec 2 at Wis-Eau Claire NH 7:00 pm CT
                              Sat Dec 3 at Wis-Eau Claire NH 7:00 pm CT
                              Sun Dec 11 at St. Scholastica NH 7:00 pm CT
                              Mon Dec 12 at St. Scholastica NH 7:00 pm CT
                              Fri Jan 6 at RIT NC 7:00 pm ET
                              Sat Jan 7 at RIT NC 3:00 pm ET
                              Last edited by gojackets; 10-27-2011, 05:53 PM.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Working...
                              X