Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    UAA completely outplayed the Gophers in the playoffs last year and deserved to move on to the Final Five. Every aspect of the game UAA was better in than Minnesota. That scares me for this weekend because I think UAA is a better team this year and they always plays Minnesota tough in Anchorage. I am calling a split; Gophers take Friday night but UAA roars back for the Saturday night W.
    I completely agree. They out worked us, played more disciplined, and capitalized on their opportunities. They are a solid team. The Gophers have to stay patient. I predict a split as well.

Comment

Re: Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      You may be right ... and the last time these two teams played the Gophers CHOKED on that chow.
      tDon has them taking smaller bites. Lots and lots of smaller bites.

Comment

It's probably a good thing this weekend has no TV. AA's 1-1-3 is soo boring to watch anyways. Glad I'm not a Sea Pup fan and have to watch that product every week!

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          In order that I not waste my time and having no direct experience with which to judge whether you actually know anything about hockey, I'd like to ask you the following multiple choice question which has only one correct answer. Get it right and I might consider engaging you in hockey talk.

What was the single largest contributor to the Gopher's getting swept at The John in last season's WCHA playoff series versus UAA:
          A. John Hill's inability to coach the defense.
          B. Gopher forwards couldn't score.
          C. UAA was the more talented team.
          D. Gopher's played zero team defense.
          E. Kamal.
          F. None of the Above (explain) ...
          F. Going with the Fezzik's defense. We wanted to make you feel like you were doing well, but then let it slip away.
          Better dead than Red

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
            It's probably a good thing this weekend has no TV. AA's 1-1-3 is soo boring to watch anyways. Glad I'm not a Sea Pup fan and have to watch that product every week!

Comment

The pig brings up a valid point, do the Seawolves still play the boring trap kind of game or do they actually try to skate now? And I don't need a "boy am I great because I can find a you tube video" kind of response back.
              Last edited by SanTropez; 10-26-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Within 10 years I predict UAA makes the NCAA.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I know it's a waste of time to argue with you, but, the Seawolves significantly outshot the Gophers in the playoff series last season. Not exactly what is expected if you are being trapped by a slow-down team. We are talking about 2011, not 2007.

Comment

First of all, most teams use a neutral zone trap, in some form, depending on the game and the situation. Granted, AA has used it more than most team's in recent memory, but I would hardly generalize them as a trap team. Compared to a team like UMD and Minnesota, for instance, yes, they generally seem to prefer to play a slower paced defensive game. However, that doesn't mean they are incapable of pushing the pace and using quick transitions to take advantage of turnovers and other opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                      In order that I not waste my time and having no direct experience with which to judge whether you actually know anything about hockey, I'd like to ask you the following multiple choice question which has only one correct answer. Get it right and I might consider engaging you in hockey talk.

What was the single largest contributor to the Gopher's getting swept at The John in last season's WCHA playoff series versus UAA:
                      A. John Hill's inability to coach the defense.
                      B. Gopher forwards couldn't score.
                      C. UAA was the more talented team.
                      D. Gopher's played zero team defense.
                      E. Kamal.
                      F. None of the Above (explain) ...
                      Don't get too excited. UAA played well and the Gopher stunk up the joint. But UAA was the turd the next week as the were handled by CC. They were a better UAA team, but not good. Last year the Gophers had trouble beating the bad teams...thus the loss to your Seawolves.

The Gophers may well lose again this weekend, but it won't be a repeat.

Oh and if you go to the games, enjoy a burrito!
                      I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                      -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Bertogliat View Post
                        Don't get too excited. UAA played well and the Gopher stunk up the joint. But UAA was the turd the next week as the were handled by CC. They were a better UAA team, but not good. Last year the Gophers had trouble beating the bad teams...thus the loss to your Seawolves.

The Gophers may well lose again this weekend, but it won't be a repeat.

Oh and if you go to the games, enjoy a burrito!
                        we weren't handled by CC, we dominated them most of the game, they had a lil puck luck that night, even tiger fans will admit that.
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I just feel the love........ must be a Yankee fan
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mahogma View Post
                            Jesse may have been a pretend wrestler,but he was a real Navy Seal,and years ahead of his time. What passed for crazy during his time as governor is far surpassed in many state capitols today. Your own state and it's famous half-governor ,and you bring up Jesse? Please! OK,no more politics. From what I've heard ,Seawolves are listed as an ingredient in Gopher Chow.
                            I see you claim for a location A sub of minny and Alaska. About your Sarah Palin for Gov. bumper sticker is it beside or over the pretend wrestler's Bumper sticker?
                            And I bet you took your PFD and ran......
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

God, I can't wait until this rivalry goes by the wayside. This thread is a dud. More political talk than hockey talk. Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                The pig brings up a valid point, do the Seawolves still play the boring trap kind of game or do they actually try to skate now? And I don't need a "boy am I great because I can find a you tube video" kind of response back.
                                It wasn't just any video ... and it was an answer to RinkPig ... think about that. RinkPig ...
                                Last edited by uaafanblog; 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X