Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tundra View Post
    It was fun game to watch other than the score, lots of scoring chances for both. And our commentator Kurt made a moran comment about wolves not being able to keep up. You can watch the archive footage yourself.
    I thought we controlled the play in the 1st and was down 1-0 at the end. 2nd and 3rd were about even. total shots on goal = about even.

I still see the same weakness (strength) with the rodents almost every year, the D being too aggressive (jumping) on the offense. I thought they looked more disciplined than prior years though. you got some snipers... and nasty powerplay 2-3 pp this year.
    The weakness I still see with the rodents is defense: mostly giving up quality scoring chances. I would be thrilled if we get the same scoring chances again on Saturday. Just with a different score.
    Yep, we didn't control play what-so-ever.

Sigh

Comment

• Re: Minnesota vs. UAA - Vengeance (10/28 - 10/29)

Originally posted by mariucci View Post
      Is this the last time the Gophs make the trip to AA? Next year they play at the Mooch?
      Unless it's non-conference, yes.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Unless it's non-conference, yes.
        In other words, never again.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          In other words, never again.
          If you still get the exemption (extra game) my guess is that Minnesota would have no problem going to Anchorage or Fairbanks in the future.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Yep, we didn't control play what-so-ever.

Sigh
            When you win 5-0, you usually don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
              We were dominated.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariucci View Post
                Is this the last time the Gophs make the trip to AA? Next year they play at the Mooch?
                What's up man? Glad you decided to start posting here again.

How are your SSP Packers lookin for this season?

Comment

What's up man? Glad you decided to start posting here again.

How are your SSP Packers lookin for this season?
                  Good dubbs!! I lurk and rarely post... Theres some great laughs to be had on a few threads.. I see the Gopher hate is in full force this season... Gotta love it especially when it comes from so many other Minnesota supported programs.. Ie the Minnesota Badgers and Fighting Canucks

Aside from that, not sure how SSP will do this year..

Comment

We were dominated.
                    We should have been trounced.

Comment

Hope we get "dominated" exactly the same again tonight.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        If you still get the exemption (extra game) my guess is that Minnesota would have no problem going to Anchorage or Fairbanks in the future.
                        UAA and UA_ will be in the driver’s seat on welcoming who comes up. Coaches who banded together and refused to attend a luncheon when invited because they decided they didn’t need to waste their time with UAA or UA_ boosters and talk about their program. Athletic Directors who steadfast made these 2 teams pay for airline tickets and transportation to visiting teams and laughed when asked if it was fair and replied little guys have to bend over to the big guy’s. They dirt shot UAA and UA_ time and time again during their time in the WCHA and CCHA. You can bet some teams begging for some “free extra home games “will send a “Hey old’ Buddy Hook us up" Emails that will get a chuckle and a delete. Paybacks will happen.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

tundra- where is the archive footage you mentioned of last nights game?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                            tundra- where is the archive footage you mentioned of last nights game?

thanks
                            Sorry, I guess GCI doesn't have it anymore. Looks like the streaming setup is different. and archive isn't up.
                            http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/uaahockey.htm#

I just watched the 1st period (rerun on tv) ... and the rodents did outplay us, I must have been thinking about the 2nd period when we had quality scoring chances. sometimes shots on goal is misleading but in this case not.

I would be happy with that many scoring chances tonight. I would like to see less collapsing when on defense (and PK) and faster transition to punish rodent D when they jump into play.

I'll say the rodent power play (2-3) looked excellent. lots of movement and quality shots (our team could learn something there). And defense looked improved, clearing the puck, protecting passing lanes etc... but still lots of holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              UAA and UA_ will be in the driver’s seat on welcoming who comes up. Coaches who banded together and refused to attend a luncheon when invited because they decided they didn’t need to waste their time with UAA or UA_ boosters and talk about their program. Athletic Directors who steadfast made these 2 teams pay for airline tickets and transportation to visiting teams and laughed when asked if it was fair and replied little guys have to bend over to the big guy’s. They dirt shot UAA and UA_ time and time again during their time in the WCHA and CCHA. You can bet some teams begging for some “free extra home games “will send a “Hey old’ Buddy Hook us up" Emails that will get a chuckle and a delete. Paybacks will happen.
                              Are you implying that Minnesota ever did this? Somehow I doubt it. Lucia used to coach in Fairbanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                Is Tundra another identity for Donald?

Comment

Working...
                                X