Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

Listing to Crawford is like i am listing to the other Team commentator
    Is Crawford against the Lakers
    Its like the Lakers cant do anything right in Crawford's mind
    Crawford always over compliments the other team no matter what they do

Comment

Listening to Crawford is like you are Listening to the other Teams Commentator
      Crawford is always putting the lakers down no matter what they do

Comment

Good Game Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by goalies View Post
          Listening to Crawford is like you are Listening to the other Teams Commentator
          Crawford is always putting the lakers down no matter what they do
          Well, I was at the game and the Buckeyes did play with a lot more energy than the Lakers. They were carrying the play by far during even strength situations. They totally dominated the 1st period in every aspect except the score. It took a last split-second goal to only be up by one. I don't know what the broadcast sounded like, but I think Crawford was calling the game as he saw it. The Lakers power play goals are what saved them from a loss. It seemed like the only time the Lakers were playing with much energy was in brief spurts right after scoring a goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by goalies View Post
            Listing to Crawford is like i am listing to the other Team commentator
            Is Crawford against the Lakers
            Its like the Lakers cant do anything right in Crawford's mind
            Crawford always over compliments the other team no matter what they do
            All his whining and complaining isn't working because the Lakers under CCHA soon to be coach of the year Jim Roque are on their way to a top four finish and a trip to the Joe.

Way to go coach Roque and the Lakers.
            Last edited by Flem Of The North; 01-29-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I don't know about know it all attitude. It just must seem that way to some who aren't that familiar with college hockey. He's known Jim Roque and has been his friend since the 80s. Bill has been the consummate Laker Fan ( He was AD.....remember?) and wants only the best for the program, players and coaches. As play by play guy do you want him to tell you what's going on and how the game is progressing or do you want him to lie to you?

I think he sounded pretty pleased the Lakers got 5 of 6 points this weekend. I know I am. It might not always look good but points are points. Great weekend. Two points out of first. The CCHA is like a big bank - everyone's a vice president

Comment

... who are the Thunderbirds and Eagles?

The Truth Is Out There.....
                TBA

Teams that would never consider putting your kid on their rosters. That's all you need to know.

Comment

I guess your team has to sit back and watch like we did this weekend. The conference games next weekend with the most intrigue will probably be Mich-Miami and Ferris-NMU. WMU hosts Alaska, MSU travels to OSU and ND hosts BG. I would think in those games the hosts will be favored. They all impact the standings, so I am not discounting those other games. Miami fans get to watch a nonconference team in two weeks, OSU gets a bye in three weeks and Alaska ends the season playing Alaska Anchorage.

Having four of your remaining six on the road (Alaska trip has to be difficult right now) is daunting, especially against the two Michigan directionals. Good luck.

Comment

With all the injuries the Lakers have they did quite well this weekend. They played three lines and some that should not have dressed but played through the pain.

I have nothing but respect for this team.

On the topic of Bill Crawford i think he calls a great game and tells it like he see's it, tune into the opponets web feed. I do not want to be told after getting swept soundly well hey we did win two more faceoffs then them RAH RAH bull !! If Coach Roque doesn't win coach of the year it won't be Crawfords fault.

Now how about them wonderfull zebra's, I hope the new WCHA has better reffing then these sorry individuals.
                    BLEED BLUE

Comment

What a game last night!!! Probably the best game in a long time. I thought the Lakers would lose when they were down two men for 1:50 in the overtime, but they killed off and win in the shootout! Nice to see a good crowd as well.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Flem Of The North View Post
                        All his whining and complaining isn't working because the Lakers under CCHA soon to be coach of the year Jim Roque are on their way to a top four finish and a trip to the Joe.

Way to go coach Roque and the Lakers.
                        One Bob Daniels might have something to do with that before it's all said and done. We'll see...
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          One Bob Daniels might have something to do with that before it's all said and done. We'll see...
                          And OSU's Mark Osiecki. Despite their slump, they have improved greatly from last season. As of now, it's Roque, Daniels, and Osiecki for CCHA coach of the year currently.
                          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Don't forget about their old buddy in E.L.
                            BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              I would agree with you. Bob Daniels always does a good job and if FSU keeps up the pace, he would certainly be in the mix. However, as we witnessed last year, Jeff Jackson winning over Jeff Blashill at WMU was a surprise. Even JJ said he should have won.

Comment

Originally Posted by LSSULaker889294 on the Ferris thread
                                Congrats! Good luck against NMU. Hope you guys sweep them.

Really!

That's surprising to hear considering that if NMU sweeps FSU, NMU would still be one point behind LSSU as LSSU is idle. But if FSU sweeps NMU, FSU will be 8 points ahead of LSSU.

Any LSSU fan that wants their team to stay in the hunt for a top four position in the CCHA should be rooting for NMU this weekend.
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X