This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2011-2012

The Internet stream of the Laker Hockey Show cut out about 3/4 of the way through the show this evening. Bill Crawford was talking to Andrew Dommett at the time. Did anyone catch the whole show locally in the Soo area? If so, was anything of note said in the last 15 minutes of the show? Bill C often asks Jim Roque how recruiting is going. If he asked that tonight, did Jim say if any potential recruits were scheduled for visits?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      The Internet stream of the Laker Hockey Show cut out about 3/4 of the way through the show this evening. Bill Crawford was talking to Andrew Dommett at the time. Did anyone catch the whole show locally in the Soo area? If so, was anything of note said in the last 15 minutes of the show? Bill C often asks Jim Roque how recruiting is going. If he asked that tonight, did Jim say if any potential recruits were scheduled for visits?
      Last week he said that they were trying to schedule a visit with a recruit in late January. I believe he said that the recruit is a forward.

Comment

I sat next to Tyler Marble's family last Saturday at Yost. (They have children that attended both U-Michigan and LSSU.) Sounds like the Lakers have a solid young man coming in. Good luck to him.

Comment

Interesting about Tyler coming in. If K2 doesn't turn pro early will the lakers carry four goalies?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyintheblood View Post
            Interesting about Tyler coming in. If K2 doesn't turn pro early will the lakers carry four goalies?
            I don't see them carrying four goalies. If K2 comes back, they will ask Marble to play one more year in Juniors (which he is eligible to do). If he doesn't want to do that, then they may have a problem. I think Roque is trying to get Ravn to leave by ignoring him, freezing him out in effect, but even if Ravn left they have issues on what to do. I think Ravn is getting very little if any scholarship money, so if he left that wouldn't free up much money to give to Marble (unless K2 leaves). That could also be an issue from Marble's perspective.

Comment

Lakers get a verbal committment from matt johnson who plays for amarillo bulls of the nahl.

Comment

Originally posted by lakers1 View Post
                Lakers get a verbal committment from matt johnson who plays for amarillo bulls of the nahl.
                Jim Roque mentioned on the Inside Laker Hockey podcast that a winger had committed and would be visiting in the next couple of weeks.

http://amarillobulls.pointstreaksite...ews/news_40745

Comment

I would like to see T.J. Wees fill in for Perrault tomorrow night but i highly doubt it. He did look good at Ferris when he was dressed for the saturday game.
                  Last edited by PerkyforPrez; 01-12-2012, 08:16 PM.
                  BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
                    I would like to see T.J. Wees fill in for Perrault tomorrow night but i highly doubt it. He did look good at Ferris when he was dressed for the saturday game.
                    Yeah, I doubt Wees will play tomorrow. I think the defensive pairings will be:

Trotman - Czuczman
                    Haines - Pobur
                    Bruneteau - Sternberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                      Yeah, I doubt Wees will play tomorrow. I think the defensive pairings will be:

Trotman - Czuczman
                      Haines - Pobur
                      Bruneteau - Sternberg
                      I think your right Dude. I do think Wees will be a good player when he does get his chance.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Refs really sucked tonight. Truth Boy would of officiated better than these bozos.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          Refs really sucked tonight. Truth Boy would of officiated better than these bozos.
                          What exactly happened on the McParland call. I did not really see it on the video feed and was wondering what people at the game thought of the hit?

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                            The blame everyone else game has begun, as has the second half Roque slide, a sequal that keeps on running year after year after year after year yet you people keep buying tickets hoping the script has changed, yet it is the same scripts and wont change unless a change at the top is made, which will never ever happen up there. You people are so predictible

The Truth Is Out There.....
                            TBA
                            Last edited by Truth Squad; 01-13-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                              What exactly happened on the McParland call. I did not really see it on the video feed and was wondering what people at the game thought of the hit?
                              Mac pretty much got 5 minutes for checking too hard. It was a horrible call.

Comment

Gawlik and Berkibile did your game. Don't know much about them, converted linesmen like Langseth??

Either way, that is what to expect in the CCHA- missed calls (cough*Perrault cough) and the swing from the reactionary call (from the crowd) to the indecisive call.

Any more I cringe when Aaron or McInchak don't do games... and that isn't saying much.

As far as the Lakers- overall I see a much more mature, offensively capable team that isn't going away. This team can play with just about anyone especially if Kapalka is on. Have had a rash of poorly timed penalties lately, though... will need to change that overaggressive behavior no matter how good the PK is.

Keep in mind that the CCHA is about as competitive now as I have seen it in years. It's tough to win every night in this league this season.

JMHO from what I saw last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X