Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

*Bump*

Wish I could be in the yoop for this game. Hopefully the team keeps up what they did last weekend.
    Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Intense third period! Great comeback until the 15:34 mark...then the wheels came off.

Do you think Coreau is the starter from here on?

Something to read from The Mining Journal: Swedish Goaltending Recruit
      Last edited by aygwm2; 12-11-2011, 08:45 AM.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
        Intense third period! Great comeback until the 15:34 mark...then the wheels came off.

Do you think Coreau is the starter from here on?

Something to read from The Mining Journal: Swedish Goaltending Recruit
        I don't think anyone will be handed the starting job for the season at this point. My guess is that Coreau gets the nod on Friday. What happens after that goes game by game, as it has for the past month/
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          I don't think anyone will be handed the starting job for the season at this point.
          I'm okay with that as long as the duo continues to perform well. I just hope that the defense (including forwards) in front of the goalies plays a bit better. Heartbreaking to read the texts that the 'Cats tied it up only to have the wheels fall off.

I was very impressed with how this team doesn't quit. Easily could have packed it in after the first; but they were just 4:26 from taking it to OT.

At that point, maybe NMU needs to just start playing the trap and not allowing the opposing team to get through the neutral zone.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

What do Yale, Michigan, NoDak, Union, Colgate, and Cornell all have in common?
            Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
            NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
            Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
            Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
              What do Yale, Michigan, NoDak, Union, Colgate, and Cornell all have in common?
              This isn't the answer you're looking for, I'm guessing, but all six of those teams currently rank below NMU in PairWise, RPI, and KRACH.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

This isn't the answer you're looking for, I'm guessing, but all six of those teams currently rank below NMU in PairWise, RPI, and KRACH.
                You got half of it right. The other half is all six of those teams also currently rank ABOVE NMU in the USCHO poll.
                Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I'm okay with that as long as the duo continues to perform well. I just hope that the defense (including forwards) in front of the goalies plays a bit better. Heartbreaking to read the texts that the 'Cats tied it up only to have the wheels fall off.

I was very impressed with how this team doesn't quit. Easily could have packed it in after the first; but they were just 4:26 from taking it to OT.

At that point, maybe NMU needs to just start playing the trap and not allowing the opposing team to get through the neutral zone.
                  Did you notice that in the previous 4 games they allowed just one goal in each?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I did! It's what we knew the 'Cats were capable of doing. I just want it to continue.

By my rough estimate, the Cats can only lose 4 games the rest of the season to safely stay in the top 15 of PWR.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I did! It's what we knew the 'Cats were capable of doing. I just want it to continue.

By my rough estimate, the Cats can only lose 4 games the rest of the season to safely stay in the top 15 of PWR.
                      I think that may be a bit strong. A few playoff wins will help.

Comment

After going 8 - 7 - 3 so far, 12 and 4 the rest of the way seems a pretty tall order.

Tech, Alaska 2x, @MSU 2x, @Tech, @Miami 2x, Ferris 2x, @ BG 2x, @UoM 2x, LSSU 2x.

Where do you guys see Northern's W's & L's ?

Comment

After going 8 - 7 - 3 so far, 12 and 4 the rest of the way seems a pretty tall order.

Tech, Alaska 2x, @MSU 2x, @Tech, @Miami 2x, Ferris 2x, @ BG 2x, @UoM 2x, LSSU 2x.

Hopefully it's two in Miami, just found out I am going. Can't wait. Anybody know if the Tech game is on the computer Friday?
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

I could see the team going 9-7 the rest of the regular season. I believe that if they take care of business against TUC teams it will result in a bid with a good run to Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                              Anybody know if the Tech game is on the computer Friday?
                              Yes! NMU vs TECH on America One

Comment

• Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post

I might be expecting to much, but sweeps of tech, Alaska, BG,LSSU,

Splits with Miami, UM, and Ferris.

The Miami series could go either way.
                                I can't see them getting swept though.

Go Cats!
                                NMU

Comment

Working...
                                X