NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
    Right on cue...guess who is back. To steal a line from someone... This is why we can't have nice things.
    Twitch really should get that trademark so that he gets a nickel every time somebody says that.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Who's going to have to sit for the Miami series after tonights ending? Anyone?
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
        Who's going to have to sit for the Miami series after tonights ending? Anyone?
        Seckel got a game misconduct. There was never a DQ so as far as I can see, no one.

Edit: The box score on NMU's website has those penalties listed but in the recap of the game on their site it says "A pushing match broke out after the final whistle, resulting in a game misconduct and three game disqualifications for the ‘Cats. The Spartans received two game disqualifications after a long deliberation by the officials." No word on who got the DQ's. If im reading the play by play part of the box score right the DQ's went to Epp, Macalay, and Follmer.
        Last edited by Cat Country; 11-20-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Eric Walker has left the team and signed with Vancouver of the WHL.

http://www.vancouvergiants.com/artic...ncouver-giants
          NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post

It really irks me when these young adults jump ship to avoid the punishment they deserve.
            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

"Walker, facing punishment, takes someone elses bike and goes home."
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                It really irks me when these young adults jump ship to avoid the punishment they deserve.
                And how would you propose that they keep them in school? He still will have to go through the legal process or it could affect his ability to enter the US legally.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

So he doesn't have to face the charges by skipping back to Canada? He not planning on playing against the Tri-City Americans or Seattle Thunderbirds for road games?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    So he doesn't have to face the charges by skipping back to Canada? He not planning on playing against the Tri-City Americans or Seattle Thunderbirds for road games?
                    He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. Remember the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. To speculate that he "skipped" is a bit far reaching.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! Nice change to get to spend it with family this year!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! Nice change to get to spend it with family this year!
                        Same to you, and to all the Wildcat fans!

Dave, you feel like a member or booster for Forest Park (Crystal Falls, MI) High School Football this thanksgiving? After how many years on the road, will you remember what it's like to have Thanksgiving in your own house?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post

First Walter lets the team run wild around Marquette like a bunch of hooligans, and then he has guys quitting the team. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                            First Walter lets the team run wild around Marquette like a bunch of hooligans, and then he has guys quitting the team. What a joke.
                            Please do us all a favor and delete your account.
                            NMU

Comment

I enjoy how ignorant he is. Obviously Walker didn't want to wait to be a part of this program, or didn't give a sh** about NCAA hockey if he ran away to the Vancouver Giants in the WHL.

I want players in this team who want to be here, who want to be a part of the program. Obviously, Walker wasn't that person.

But, please BWK, continue your unintelligible ignorant rants. The freedom of being an anonymous keyboard bully will never stop you.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

First of all, it isn't the coaches fault that some of his players stole some bikes--each of us is responsible to ourselves. Second, Walker makes his own choices about what he wants to do and where he wants to go--it's his choice. Third, just two seasons ago Coach Kyle and the team turned themselves around after mid-season and found themselves in the NCAA tournament (that was a better team in my estimation)--maybe they can turn it around again this year, but I don't think right now they're a tournament team. Fourth, just relax and enjoy the hockey games--Northern usually puts up a good fight year in and year out, but they are, most likely, never going to be a "dynasty" type team with multiple championships etc. Being in the "new" WCHA in 2013 (it's really not going to be the WCHA anymore is it?) with the teams that will make it up may be to NMU's advantage, but that remains to be seen. Fifth, I'm an NMU grad, but I enjoy college hockey in-total, not just the Northern.
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X