Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
    Yeah, there is really nothing to market from NBC Sports stand point in any of the "new" WCHA teams.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if FS North and FS Wisconsin pick up some of the games with FS Wisconsin probably losing most, if not all, television rights to the B1G 10 Network when the B1G 10 conf starts play.
    FS Wisconsin and FS North will still have plenty of Gophers and Badgers when they aren't playing on the BTN.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      From a business perspective, there's no reason to undergo the expense of doing a production from any of the new WCHA markets. Or from the AHA schools as well. None of the names in either group are remotely close to sellable.
      Number 73 TV market couldn't get their team any games and the Number 76 TV market hosts two games?

Here's who's hosting games, and their Nielson Market rank (as of 2010).
      http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...-dma-ranks.pdf
      Boston University at Notre Dame
      Boston (7) at South Bend-Elkhart (91)

Dartmouth at RPI
      Unranked -- at Albany-Schenectady-Troy (51)

Minnesota Duluth at Nebraska-Omaha
      Duluth-Superior (139) at Omaha (76)

Michigan at Notre Dame
      Detroit (11) at South Bend-Elkhart (91)

Yale at Harvard
      Hartford (30) at Boston (7)

Cornell at RPI
      Syracuse (83) at Albany-Schenectady-Troy (51)

Boston College at Vermont
      Boston (7) at Burlington-Plattsburgh (94)

Minnesota at Denver
      Minneapolis-St. Paul (15) at Denver (16)

Dartmouth at Yale
      Unranked -- at Hartford (30)

Boston University at Vermont
      Boston (7) at Burlington-Plattsburgh (94)

North Dakota at Denver
      Unranked -- at Denver (16)

Denver at Nebraska-Omaha
      Denver (16) at Omaha (76)

I know there are advertiser/broadcaster decisions that have a much higher pull than the "good of the game," I was just pointing out the breakdown.

Give kudos to NBC for actually TRAVELING to these locations. Could have camped out at Agganis Arena or the Conte Forum and made things easier.

For record, the future WCHA schools markets:
      Anchorage 150, Fairbanks 202, Mankato 199, Grand Rapids-Kalmzoo-B.Crk (FSU) 41, Marquette (MTU, NMU) 180, Traverse City-Cadillac (LSSU, FSU) 117, Toledo (BGSU) 71, Bemidji Unranked,
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        FS Wisconsin and FS North will still have plenty of Gophers and Badgers when they aren't playing on the BTN.
        I suppose so. I'm just not sure how the licensing would work exactly, or what kind of number the BTN would be looking for as far as hockey games televised per year. After all, this still is hockey, and I'm not sure it would be in that high of demand. (Although, they sure seem to play EVERY big ten volleyball game.)

I would still think if their were licensing they would probably televise the games with WI or MN w/ WCHA teams, especially if they are are playing the WCHA teams. There's not exactly a lot going on on FSN Wisconsin I have noticed.....
        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
        M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
          I suppose so. I'm just not sure how the licensing would work exactly, or what kind of number the BTN would be looking for as far as hockey games televised per year. After all, this still is hockey, and I'm not sure it would be in that high of demand. (Although, they sure seem to play EVERY big ten volleyball game.)

I would still think if their were licensing they would probably televise the games with WI or MN w/ WCHA teams, especially if they are are playing the WCHA teams. There's not exactly a lot going on on FSN Wisconsin I have noticed.....
          Look at the attire in big ten volleyball games I can't say I've flipped over college volleyball 100% of the time

Comment

My best guess at the T.V. schedule for the B1G is all the conference games will be on the Big ten network, but non-conference will be on the FS networks.
            NMU

Comment

solid week of hard fought hockey for the 'Cats. This series almost makes you a proponent of the shootout Nice to have the bounces go our way this week after the Western series.
              NMU '10

Comment

Gotta say, Ellingson is hotter than sunburn. And I really like the PBP and color guys for NMU.
                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

After air-drying for two days, NMUKat's Kory Kaunisto cancer jersey still smells awful. *puke icon* We may need to wash it once or twice before putting it into the closet with the other jerseys...
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    After air-drying for two days, NMUKat's Kory Kaunisto cancer jersey still smells awful. *puke icon* We may need to wash it once or twice before putting it into the closet with the other jerseys...
                    We only tried bidding on Devan Hartigan's jersey, but it quickly went out of our price range. He's my 3 year old
                    son's favorite hockey player due to Hartigan always feeding full of candy when we sit near the bench.

Comment

Proof that I have way too much time on my hands up here in the Arctic, Northern and Vermont are the only two teams in the top 25 of the pairwise or ranked in the polls that have not faced a team that is either unranked or outside of the top 25 of the Pairwise. If the teams that Northern has played continue to play at the level they have been, and those Northern is scheduled to play continue playing on the same level, Northern has the chance of facing only 2 non-TUC teams. Those teams being Alaska and Bowling Green of which we only have one series for a total of 4 games against non-TUC teams. Northern just needs to keep it up and work some of those games they've been tying into wins and they should be looking at an NCAA bid. I know it's early, but not having the typical slow start looks to pay off HUGE come March for NMU. If they go on the after Christmas rampage that they have in years past it won't be left up to other teams either.
                      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                      NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                      Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                        Proof that I have way too much time on my hands up here in the Arctic, Northern and Vermont are the only two teams in the top 25 of the pairwise or ranked in the polls that have not faced a team that is either unranked or outside of the top 25 of the Pairwise. If the teams that Northern has played continue to play at the level they have been, and those Northern is scheduled to play continue playing on the same level, Northern has the chance of facing only 2 non-TUC teams. Those teams being Alaska and Bowling Green of which we only have one series for a total of 4 games against non-TUC teams. Northern just needs to keep it up and work some of those games they've been tying into wins and they should be looking at an NCAA bid. I know it's early, but not having the typical slow start looks to pay off HUGE come March for NMU. If they go on the after Christmas rampage that they have in years past it won't be left up to other teams either.
                        Just keep on rollin... It'll sort itself out come march...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Just keep on rollin... It'll sort itself out come march...
                          Just Win Baby. That simple fact alone really does make the math easy when it comes to the postseason. It's a lot easier on you to be worrying about getting a high seed in the playoffs versus they gotta win the conference championship to earn an autobid to get into the postseason.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

D'oh!

Five NMU hockey players face bike theft charges
                            Michigan Hockey Net
                            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                              Cat burglars. Who' da thunk.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Cat burglars. Who' da thunk.
                                ALLEGED Cat burglars, this is still 'Merica!
                                Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                                NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                                Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                                Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Working...
                                X