Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    There is no comparison. LOL. Who's talking participation? The banners at Yost are all championship banners. Some recent ones, too.

As far as the GLI, you have been invited and have actually beaten Michigan... like 20+ years ago. And we don't act like hosts, we know that MTU is the host. But, without Michigan and MSU there is nobody there to play in front of. It's nice winning tournaments. Your program should try it.

Violations? c'mon, now you really are sounding sour. That is really comical. 11 NHL draft choices are on the roster, at least 5-8 annually. That is quite Saint Clownish (actually quite Bielema-ish or Dantonio-ish) of you to allude that Michigan is "stealing" your recruits, or tampering. Not on the same orbit... or solar system. You have some good talent... Florek, Gron, Follmer, Coreau. The bottom line is, it's difficult to compete against the big name schools. That's hardly tampering, cheating or violating any kind of recruiting rules. If you throw something like that out, you should provide facts. Otherwise, it's baseless fodder for the whinepress.

At least State is a rival. NMU *thinks* we are a rival.

I saw Chernwichan's comments about being a rival, too. BS. Maybe you think WE are a rival, but not the other way around.

And it was priceless how a guy that is leading his team in PIM's, a team that is leading the CCHA in PIM's (500+), 4th in the nation in PIMs, is calling out Michigan for "instigating" on the ice and they just play aggressive and teams "react" to it.

Some of you people are insecure and delusional.
    I would much rather lose as a fan of a perennial underdog that has bigger school fans talk to us like trash than be a fan of a school with a head coach that is a criminal, a whine-baby goalie, and a dick measuring contest every time anyone criticizes or opposes scUM.

There is a reason why EVERY other school hates scUM fans, and most schools like or at least respect NMU fans. We know hockey, our team is always tough and competitive, and we never talk down to people the way you do.

Take your bull**** somewhere else.
    Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

For the record, NMU has won tournaments recently... We've won the Badger Showdown, the Maverick Stampede, and Minnesota's Holiday Tourney....

As for tonight, NMU just needs to play their game.... Stay out of the farking box and keep their heads cool... We can skate with scUM.... Just weather the storm at the start of the game and go from there... WE CAN DO THIS!

GO CATS! GO CATS! GO CATS GO!!!
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        WE CAN DO THIS!
        BEAT MICHIGAN...On the Big Ten Network (quit calling it the Big Ten--get over yourselves there are, hello, 12 teams now) in front of a "national audience"...

...nothing would please me more!
        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
          I would much rather lose as a fan of a perennial underdog that has bigger school fans talk to us like trash than be a fan of a school with a head coach that is a criminal, a whine-baby goalie, and a dick measuring contest every time anyone criticizes or opposes scUM.

There is a reason why EVERY other school hates scUM fans, and most schools like or at least respect NMU fans. We know hockey, our team is always tough and competitive, and we never talk down to people the way you do.

Take your bull**** somewhere else.
          Just out of curiosity, what world do you live in?

I do respect many of the NMU fans I have met over the years, but some of you have provided great laughs in this thread.

Should be good games this weekend...well, unless you live in some alternate reality.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

I do respect many of the NMU fans I have met over the years, but some of you have provided great laughs in this thread.

Should be good games this weekend...well, unless you live in some alternate reality.
            The reality where NMU consistently competes and often defeats the B1G teams, no matter how arrogant, condescending, and self-rightout their fans (looking at you) are.

Although I'm not holding my breath, I really hope NMU embarrasses the living Hell out of Michigan on national TV twice this weekend. Once would even feel so good, especially with the irony of it potentially being on the B1G network.
            Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

And to add to that, as my Grandpa used to say: "If you spend all your time telling everyone how much better you are than them, it's probably because you know you're not"; and that sums up you and 90% of your "fan base".
              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                For the record, NMU has won tournaments recently... We've won the Badger Showdown, the Maverick Stampede, and Minnesota's Holiday Tourney....
                According to Weasel fans, we apparently forgot to hang banners for those wins. I didn't realize that storied teams celebrate winning tournaments.

Hell let's be more like UM... Hang a banner every time we beat MTU, just like Michigan (GLI).

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
                  And to add to that, as my Grandpa used to say: "If you spend all your time telling everyone how much better you are than them, it's probably because you know you're not"; and that sums up you and 90% of your "fan base".
                  And when you spend your time obsessing over and hating a people that are indifferent to you it's because you have an inferiority complex.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

And when you spend your time obsessing over and hating a people that are indifferent to you it's because you have an inferiority complex.
                    "a people" ?! Your language makes me question if you actually go to Michigan. And I am clearly obsessing, you must be a psychology major
                    Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'

Comment

Hey wT, can I have your autograph? You're the only person in the crowd (not named Denard Robinson) that they keep cutting to.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The reality where NMU consistently competes and often defeats the B1G teams, no matter how arrogant, condescending, and self-rightout their fans (looking at you) are.
                        The term is "self-righteous" I was going to let it go, but then you felt the need to mock my typo. Posting from the phone while at a hockey game often equals typos. As for NMU consistently competing with B1G teams, I would hope so since that's nearly 1/3 of their conference schedule. Also, that's one of the great things about hockey, any team can win a game.

"a people" ?! Your language makes me question if you actually go to Michigan. And I am clearly obsessing, you must be a psychology major
                        At least you're right about something, I don't currently go to Michigan. I do have an Engineering degree from UofM though.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Hey wT, can I have your autograph? You're the only person in the crowd (not named Denard Robinson) that they keep cutting to.
                        Cool. I'm famous! I wonder if BTN put me on since I was wearing a '98 season jersey and they showed the '98 national championship game before and after our game. BTN is predictable and self-promoting like that.

Good game tonight, exciting and close for most of the game.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          According to Weasel fans, we apparently forgot to hang banners for those wins. I didn't realize that storied teams celebrate winning tournaments.

Hell let's be more like UM... Hang a banner every time we beat MTU, just like Michigan (GLI).

Actually, we have one banner with all of the years that we won the GLI. It would take up too much space if we put up a banner for each time we won it. The same with the Final (Frozen) Four. One banner for all 13 or 15 or however many times.

I hope this dosen't count as "dick waving"
                          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post

Penalty kill attempts this season: NMU 142 UM 135. Yeah UM is a much cleaner team.
                            davy- I wasn't talking about PK attempts. I was looking at total PIM's. Michigan was ranked 30th nationally in PIM's going into last night. NMU was 4th. The disparity in average minutes per game is 4 minutes. That is significant.

Based on what I saw last night, NMU was much more disciplined and Michigan wasn't, although some of the calls were sketchy.

Here's the big picture: our conference officiating stinks. I don't know if any other conference is any better, but once the NCAA tourney rolls around, the officiating styles change and teams have to adjust. Teams can't take penalties in the playoffs or it will kill them. If NMU stays out of the box, they will have a better chance of winning- considering that their offense is predicated on the top two lines and drawing PP chances.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post

Here's the big picture: our conference officiating stinks. I don't know if any other conference is any better, but once the NCAA tourney rolls around, the officiating styles change and teams have to adjust.
                              The WCHA submits their evidence for worst reffing:

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Boy that's a mouthful. Our "criminal" coach is one of the more respected coaches in the game, but yes, he made a mistake. Humans often do. I guess it equates right up there with misdemeanor bike theft. So, if you want to play that game, you have at least four criminals dressing every night.
                                Our "whine-baby" goalie is a Hobey Candidate and was one shot from being a national champion. He's won the CCHA title twice. His credentials speak higher than his faults.
                                Dick measuring is only necessary when certain fanbases need to be reminded that they are writing checks that their team can't or hasn't cashed in the past. Petty insults are nothing if you can't back them with hardware.

NMU is a fine school, a good hockey program. Leave it at that. It's the only time that it can be talked about in the same level as Michigan in anything athletically.

No, other schools hate Michigan because we WIN. I'm sure MTU and LSSU fans have much to say about how well they respect NMU, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X