NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Very nice weekend for the Cats. Power play looked good. 2 pp goals on Friday and in essence, a third as well. Coreau and the defense really stepped up nicely. Cats took the larger-than-average crowd out of the game early on Friday night and that - with the power play goals - allowed them to set the tone for the weekend. Also, a very nice PK against BG as well.

I'm hoping the momentum from this past weekend will allow NMU to get at least a split at Yost. Anyway, it will be fun to see the Cats again next week. I don't get to see them in back-to-back weekends often.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
      Yeah, but then you would have to play a higher seed and run the risk of losing.

Well overall great weekend by the Cats, to bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep. Lucky for us OSU has off next weekend, also Miami and Notre Dame play, so we have to hope for a split. I think realistic a split for us next weekend.
      My point is win a first round series at home, and get at least one win in the second round series on the road, and you still have a shot at the NCAA. Have a first round bye and if you don't win that second rounder, you're done.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well, here we are... Each week from here on out will be the "Most Important" for the Cats... This weekend might even be the most important of the regular season from a PairWise prospective...

Any W's obtained in Ann Arbor will help insulate the Cats against any slip-ups that may occur before the Joe... Any losses will hurt, but if they are gonna happen, Michigan is the team we want them to happen with...

Adding into this series will be the emotions left over from the October series... I'm sure U of M will have revenge on their minds... That could make this an ugly series We just need to go out and play our game, and stay out of the farking penalty box... If that is done, a split is a realistic outcome...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          Well, here we are... Each week from here on out will be the "Most Important" for the Cats... This weekend might even be the most important of the regular season from a PairWise prospective...

Any W's obtained in Ann Arbor will help insulate the Cats against any slip-ups that may occur before the Joe... Any losses will hurt, but if they are gonna happen, Michigan is the team we want them to happen with...

Adding into this series will be the emotions left over from the October series... I'm sure U of M will have revenge on their minds... That could make this an ugly series We just need to go out and play our game, and stay out of the farking penalty box... If that is done, a split is a realistic outcome...
          "a split is a realistic outcome..."

Let's hope...Beat Michigan...at least once!

Go 'Cats!
          NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

If they play really well I think a sweep is realistic, they need to take advantage of every power play as Michigan's PK is only 83%. They're also going to need Coreau to stand on his head, as well as the defense to stand strong.
            NMU

Comment

If they play really well I think a sweep is realistic, they need to take advantage of every power play as Michigan's PK is only 83%. They're also going to need Coreau to stand on his head, as well as the defense to stand strong.
              You couldn't sweep them in Marquette... after Hunwick opened the door on Friday for the first win...why would you assume you have a realistic chance to do it at Yost, especially with Merrill playing this time?
              Michigan will be ready and hopefully your team's aggressive play will backfire this time. Of course if Sergott officiates...

Comment

I love your optimism but lets get real. UM is a very confident team right now. They're at home with Merrill back and looking to show Northern who's boss. Realistically it looks more like a Wolverine sweep. If the Cats can somehow steal a win this weekend that would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  You couldn't sweep them in Marquette... after Hunwick opened the door on Friday for the first win...why would you assume you have a realistic chance to do it at Yost, especially with Merrill playing this time?
                  Michigan will be ready and hopefully your team's aggressive play will backfire this time. Of course if Sergott officiates...
                  Aggression shouldn't be a problem. If you play Michigan you can punch people in the face and not get DQ'd. Throw a stick near a linesman too. However, grab someone and dance like Cherniwchan and Moffat, and you're gone!
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Aggression shouldn't be a problem. If you play Michigan you can punch people in the face and not get DQ'd. Throw a stick near a linesman too. However, grab someone and dance like Cherniwchan and Moffat, and you're gone!
                    Maybe your team can actually win when it matters (at JLA) instead of moaning and whining about what the Wolverines get away with. Of course, if we were ranked 4TH in the NCAA in penalty minutes average per game, instead of NMU, you're comments would carry more weight.

Comment

Maybe your team can actually win when it matters (at JLA) instead of moaning and whining about what the Wolverines get away with. Of course, if we were ranked 4TH in the NCAA in penalty minutes average per game, instead of NMU, you're comments would carry more weight.
                      Maybe if you weren't such a Troll YOUR comments would carry more weight.
                      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                      NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                      Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Would like nothing better than for NMU to kick the snot out of the Weasals this weekend. That little **** of a goaltender will either show up or throw another tantrum. My guess is the tantrum!!! NMU has to play smart but physical with the team from Ann Arbor and bury chances when they present themselves. My guess is scUM will outshoot them over the course of the weekend but the quality of shots will be much closer.

Comment

Michigan, in their barn, second to last week of the regular season? I think the absolute best we can hope for is a split. Yes, historically NMU has been hot this time of the year, but I just don't see much beyond that for us. I just pray to the hockey gods that I am wrong.
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                            Maybe if you weren't such a Troll YOUR comments would carry more weight.
                            Who's trolling who? Get over yourselves. If you were playing BG this weekend, I'd care less.

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
                              Would like nothing better than for NMU to kick the snot out of the Weasals this weekend. That little **** of a goaltender will either show up or throw another tantrum. My guess is the tantrum!!! NMU has to play smart but physical with the team from Ann Arbor and bury chances when they present themselves. My guess is scUM will outshoot them over the course of the weekend but the quality of shots will be much closer.
                              If you didn't include NMU on that rant I'd swear it is everything that any UNO fan has ever said.
                              Last edited by streaker; 02-15-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Who's trolling who? Get over yourselves. If you were playing BG this weekend, I'd care less.
                                YOU are in an the NMU 2011-12 Season Thread, you silly goose. I'd say get over YOURself and at least post in a thread related to the upcoming festivities at Yost.

Comment

Working...
                                X