X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    \
    Thank you. In a week or so, I can smile and drink Magic Hat #9 with a bunch of alumni.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Since there doesn't seem to be a BGSU vs NMU thread, I'll just post here for today and tomorrow.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This is a week where NMU NEEDS 6 points
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
          Anything less and you can kiss a first round home series goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
            Quoted for the truth... Let's see how this team handles a "failure is not an option" type of situation"...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

there's actually a possibility (I don't know how realistic) for Northern to get a First round bye, they just need to win and get some luck from other teams.
              NMU

Comment

Good win tonight. Three more points are a must tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, GO ALASKA!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                  Anything less and you can kiss a first round home series goodbye.
                  Really? One game behind Ohio State with two games in hand and OSU only having Miami left on their schedule?
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Really? One game behind Ohio State with two games in hand and OSU only having Miami left on their schedule?
                    Go Broncos! Go Redhawks!

Comment

Well, it would be nice if Alaska could beat Lake State, WMU and Ferris finish their sweeps, and I think it would be better if Michigan won tonight because you can still play them, plus no matter what one of them is getting to 41 points. I personally think that is realistic after last nights games, but Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.
                      NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                        Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.
                        Absolutely! I think they can do it.

I'm going to the OSU @ WMU game tonight.

So, I'll be rooting for the Broncos--even though I don't really want to.

Go 'Cats!
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Hopefully the Cats can get over their Saturday night road funk and hopefully Hammond doesn't repeat last year's playoff performance where he got stronger as the weekend progressed.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

Well, it would be nice if Alaska could beat Lake State, WMU and Ferris finish their sweeps, and I think it would be better if Michigan won tonight because you can still play them, plus no matter what one of them is getting to 41 points. I personally think that is realistic after last nights games, but Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.
                            In all reality, playing a first round home series with a chance to add a couple "W's" might be more advantageous than getting a first round bye and going on the road as the #5 seed.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Yeah, but then you would have to play a higher seed and run the risk of losing.

Well overall great weekend by the Cats, to bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep. Lucky for us OSU has off next weekend, also Miami and Notre Dame play, so we have to hope for a split. I think realistic a split for us next weekend.
                              NMU

Comment

too bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep.
                                WMU almost did. WMU came back from two goals down, tied and went ahead in the third, but OSU finished strong with two goals to win.

Glad to see the 'Cats with the sweep of BG!

On to A2...both on TV: BTN - Friday & FSD - Saturday.
                                NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Working...
                                X