PDA

View Full Version : NMU 2011-12 Season Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

MissThundercat
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Fox Sports Detroit

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/pages/channelfinder\
Thank you. In a week or so, I can smile and drink Magic Hat #9 with a bunch of alumni. :)

aparch
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Since there doesn't seem to be a BGSU vs NMU thread, I'll just post here for today and tomorrow.

NMU8405
02-10-2012, 02:07 PM
This is a week where NMU NEEDS 6 points

NMUFAN
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM

Anything less and you can kiss a first round home series goodbye.

RaceBoarder
02-10-2012, 04:54 PM

Quoted for the truth... Let's see how this team handles a "failure is not an option" type of situation"...

NMUFAN21
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
there's actually a possibility (I don't know how realistic) for Northern to get a First round bye, they just need to win and get some luck from other teams.

NMUFAN
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Good win tonight. Three more points are a must tomorrow.

Oh, by the way, GO ALASKA!

davyd83
02-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Anything less and you can kiss a first round home series goodbye.
Really? One game behind Ohio State with two games in hand and OSU only having Miami left on their schedule?

NMUFAN
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Really? One game behind Ohio State with two games in hand and OSU only having Miami left on their schedule?

Go Broncos! Go Redhawks!:D

NMUFAN21
02-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Well, it would be nice if Alaska could beat Lake State, WMU and Ferris finish their sweeps, and I think it would be better if Michigan won tonight because you can still play them, plus no matter what one of them is getting to 41 points. I personally think that is realistic after last nights games, but Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.

aygwm2
02-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.

Absolutely! I think they can do it.

I'm going to the OSU @ WMU game tonight.

So, I'll be rooting for the Broncos--even though I don't really want to.

Go 'Cats!

NMUFAN
02-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Hopefully the Cats can get over their Saturday night road funk and hopefully Hammond doesn't repeat last year's playoff performance where he got stronger as the weekend progressed.

GO CATS!!!

davyd83
02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Well, it would be nice if Alaska could beat Lake State, WMU and Ferris finish their sweeps, and I think it would be better if Michigan won tonight because you can still play them, plus no matter what one of them is getting to 41 points. I personally think that is realistic after last nights games, but Northern absolutely needs to win tonight to get to 5th Place.
In all reality, playing a first round home series with a chance to add a couple "W's" might be more advantageous than getting a first round bye and going on the road as the #5 seed.

NMUFAN21
02-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but then you would have to play a higher seed and run the risk of losing.

Well overall great weekend by the Cats, to bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep. Lucky for us OSU has off next weekend, also Miami and Notre Dame play, so we have to hope for a split. I think realistic a split for us next weekend.

aygwm2
02-11-2012, 10:15 PM
too bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep.

WMU almost did. WMU came back from two goals down, tied and went ahead in the third, but OSU finished strong with two goals to win.

Glad to see the 'Cats with the sweep of BG!

On to A2...both on TV: BTN - Friday & FSD - Saturday.

potternmu
02-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Very nice weekend for the Cats. Power play looked good. 2 pp goals on Friday and in essence, a third as well. Coreau and the defense really stepped up nicely. Cats took the larger-than-average crowd out of the game early on Friday night and that - with the power play goals - allowed them to set the tone for the weekend. Also, a very nice PK against BG as well.

I'm hoping the momentum from this past weekend will allow NMU to get at least a split at Yost. Anyway, it will be fun to see the Cats again next week. I don't get to see them in back-to-back weekends often.

davyd83
02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah, but then you would have to play a higher seed and run the risk of losing.

Well overall great weekend by the Cats, to bad WMU couldn't pull off the sweep. Lucky for us OSU has off next weekend, also Miami and Notre Dame play, so we have to hope for a split. I think realistic a split for us next weekend.

My point is win a first round series at home, and get at least one win in the second round series on the road, and you still have a shot at the NCAA. Have a first round bye and if you don't win that second rounder, you're done.

RaceBoarder
02-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Well, here we are... Each week from here on out will be the "Most Important" for the Cats... This weekend might even be the most important of the regular season from a PairWise prospective...

Any W's obtained in Ann Arbor will help insulate the Cats against any slip-ups that may occur before the Joe... Any losses will hurt, but if they are gonna happen, Michigan is the team we want them to happen with...

Adding into this series will be the emotions left over from the October series... I'm sure U of M will have revenge on their minds... That could make this an ugly series :rolleyes: We just need to go out and play our game, and stay out of the farking penalty box... If that is done, a split is a realistic outcome...

aygwm2
02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, here we are... Each week from here on out will be the "Most Important" for the Cats... This weekend might even be the most important of the regular season from a PairWise prospective...

Any W's obtained in Ann Arbor will help insulate the Cats against any slip-ups that may occur before the Joe... Any losses will hurt, but if they are gonna happen, Michigan is the team we want them to happen with...

Adding into this series will be the emotions left over from the October series... I'm sure U of M will have revenge on their minds... That could make this an ugly series :rolleyes: We just need to go out and play our game, and stay out of the farking penalty box... If that is done, a split is a realistic outcome...

"a split is a realistic outcome..."

Let's hope...Beat Michigan...at least once!

Go 'Cats!

NMUFAN21
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
If they play really well I think a sweep is realistic, they need to take advantage of every power play as Michigan's PK is only 83%. They're also going to need Coreau to stand on his head, as well as the defense to stand strong.