2011-2012 DIII Opinion Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011-2012 DIII Opinion Poll

Alright guys I'm gonna try to run this this year. I'm probaly gonna regret it later but I'll give it a shot. Poll results will be posted after 5pm on Wednesdays so you have until then to post. Rank your Top 10 teams. I ask that unless the Berry Patch is being used for the poll that it be held off until after the poll for the week has been posted. Defend your picks if you want, it's not mandatory. Pre-season opinion goes up on 10/26, have fun everyone.
    RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Re: 2011-2012 DIII Opinion Poll

1) RIT
    2) Middlebury
    3) Norwich
    4) Elmira
    5) Amherst
    6) Plattsburgh
    7) Gustavus Adolphus
    8) Wisconsin-River Falls
    9) Manhattanville
    10) Bowdoin (now, now, just remember this is an opinion poll and I dream in black and white)
    GO U BEARS!!!

Comment

1. Norwich
      2. RIT
      3. M'ville
      4. Midd
      5. Elmira
      6. Platty
      7. Amherst
      8. UWRF
      9. GA
      10. Adrian

Comment

1.Norwich
        2.RIT
        3.Middlebury
        4.Plattsburgh
        5.Amherst
        6.Manhattanville
        7.Gustavus Adolphus
        8.River Falls
        9.Elmira
        10.Neumann
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

1) RIT
          2) Midd
          3) Norwich
          4) Platty
          5) Amherst
          6) Manhattanville
          7) River Falls
          8) GA
          9) Elmira
          10) Adrian

Comment

1) Norwich
            2) Manhattanville
            3) RIT
            4) Middlebury
            5) Plattsburgh
            6) Wisconsin-River Falls
            7) GAC
            8) Amherst
            9) Elmira
            10) Adrian
            "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
            -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Originally posted by Phil D. Stands View Post
              1) Norwich
              2) Manhattanville
              3) RIT
              4) Middlebury
              5) Plattsburgh
              6) Wisconsin-River Falls
              7) GAC
              8) Amherst
              9) Elmira
              10) Adrian
              No love for the P.B. Phil? I hope this is not a field hockey grudge thing!

Comment

1. RIT
                2. Norwich
                3. Middlebury
                4. Plattsburgh
                5. Elmira
                6. Amherst
                7. GAC
                8. Manhattanville
                9. Bowdoin
                10. River Falls

Note: I really like Bowdoin, I didn't just put em in for Obserbear.

Comment

well i'm gonna shake things up a bit...

1) Norwich
                  2) Manhattanville
                  3) RIT
                  4) UWRF
                  5) Midd
                  6) Platty
                  7) GAC
                  8) Amherst
                  9) SNC
                  10) Adrian
                  haters gonna hate

Comment

1) RIT
                    2) Middlebury
                    3) Norwich
                    4) Plattsburgh
                    5) Manhattanville
                    6) Amherst
                    7) GAC
                    8) Wisconsin River Falls
                    9) Adrian
                    10) Elmira

Comment

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                      No love for the P.B. Phil? I hope this is not a field hockey grudge thing!
                      Well, you know, I thought for a moment at putting them in around #8 over Adrian and all, but I see a lot hanging on that Holtz and with ice hockey (unlike the field variety) you can't be on the ice the whole time. They are a young team and have potential but based on last year's inconsistency you really can't ramp them up (yet). Now, if you can dangle a few freshmen in front of me with skillz....we can talk. They have solid goaltending and should improve. We will see by how much...

As to holding a grudge...if I play my cards right, I won't have to visit Brunswick again after November 5-6th. No grudge, just bewilderment on how they keep winning without the total domination of the 07-08 years -- testament to the program -- like Midd WHockey.

Enjoyed feeding my whole other season crew here tonight -- plague of locusts were all over the bear stew I was serving up (amazing what a few stale donuts will draw out of the woods -- I don't play fair) -- they'll be ready when the season opens up (and they do play fair).

Look forward to catching up with you, O-bear.
                      -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Now, if you can dangle a few freshmen in front of me with skillz....we can talk. They have solid goaltending and should improve. We will see by how much...

Look forward to catching up with you, O-bear.
                        I hear the P.B. have some frosh with skillz but I wish I were as comfortable with the goaltending! I think the Bowdoin schedule looks brutal early (with Plattsburgh and Norwich) and hopefully they will find their stride and return to forner glories as the season evolves.
                        Look forward to seeing you in Plattsburgh right after T Day (and good luck with the 5th-6th trip!).

Comment

Recent history suggests that the PB's skate with the "big girls" for 2-plus periods and then fade. Is this because Holtz and Tess-Wanat are tired and they don't have the skill behind them? Or was it that the team was being led on the ice by underclassmen? If the latter, those girls are upperclassmen (women?) now. And Holtz has to be a front runner for NESCAC POY. I think they certainly have the horses to pass Trinity and join Amherst and Midd at the top of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                            Recent history suggests that the PB's skate with the "big girls" for 2-plus periods and then fade. Is this because Holtz and Tess-Wanat are tired and they don't have the skill behind them? Or was it that the team was being led on the ice by underclassmen? If the latter, those girls are upperclassmen (women?) now. And Holtz has to be a front runner for NESCAC POY. I think they certainly have the horses to pass Trinity and join Amherst and Midd at the top of the league.
                            ...yepper...I think the early pollsters would do well to note that Bowdoin will supercede Trinity at the top of NESCAC but they will need to shutout more opponents and up that goal count a mite to stick it out in the top ten of D3 -- like I said, it is hard to hang it all on one player, so a little more D and another O ringer would define them well.
                            -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

...yepper...I think the early pollsters would do well to note that Bowdoin will supercede Trinity at the top of NESCAC but they will need to shutout more opponents and up that goal count a mite to stick it out in the top ten of D3 -- like I said, it is hard to hang it all on one player, so a little more D and another O ringer would define them well.
                              This will be Coach O'Neil's second season (coming off a 15-9-2 year with a trip to the NESCAC semis) and first class she recruited for the Polar Bears. Bowdoin lost little offense to graduation (30/203 points or 15% and, as an added bonus, 61/269 penalty minutes or 23%). Last season they skated 4 first year D (Tang, Lane, Pashkowski and Allen). Pitching more shutouts, by which I imply more consistent goal play, could take the P.B. to the next level. I don't know if they will be ready to challenge Plattsburgh in their first game of the season (11/19 in the friendly confines of Watson) or Norwich on the road for game six (12/10 at Kreitzberg), but those experiences will yield dividends as they look to make some noise in the January and February NESCAC free for all!

Comment

Working...
                              X