10/21-10/22 Michigan Tech at Bemidji State: WCCHA Opening Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/21-10/22 Michigan Tech at Bemidji State: WCCHA Opening Weekend

The Huskies come into this weekend tied for the lead early into the season with an overall 4-0 record. Bemidji comes home for it's first series at the Sanford Center after going 1-3 in four closely contested games split between Colorado College and Miami.
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Re: 10/21-10/22 Michigan Tech at Bemidji State: WCCHA Opening Weekend

Tech Sweeps.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Tech Sweeps.
      I wasn't aware that those two words could appear consecutively in a USCHO post.

I get nervous whenever people start getting confident in Tech.

Comment

Tech Sweeps.
        As long as Tech leaves Bemidji with better than a -4 goal differential on the weekend I will be happy.

I'm easy.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Although I would usually root for the Beavers, I gotta hope Tech continues their winning ways. They've suffered long enough. And after all, they are Huskies.
          Bob is making me concerned
          I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
            The Huskies come into this weekend tied for the lead early into the season with an overall 4-0 record. Bemidji comes home for it's first series at the Sanford Center after going 1-3 in four closely contested games split between Colorado College and Miami.
            Ummm, how is it the WCHA opening weekend when there were WCHA League games last weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Ummm, how is it the WCHA opening weekend when there were WCHA League games last weekend?
              Look closer...
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Look closer...
                Ahhhhh. Jumping the gun a couple years are we? Will there be a WCCHA playoff this year? Maybe DQ Cup like trophy?

Comment

Go Tech.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Tech loses both 4-1, 6-2. (hey it worked last weekend)
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Tech Sweeps.
                      That's unlikely, if not remote, from both perspectives. Tech's wins at home over AIU were not that impressive. All of the WCHA and CCHA teams would have done the same and probably won by greater margins than 4-3 & 3-1.

However, sweeping the Badgers (1-3) at home was big. This was just the catalyst they needed to validate their emerging competitive status for this season. Obviously, if they keep this up they'll be contenders.

Bemidji, on the other hand played the #1 & #8 teams on the road and came out 1-3. Disappointing, yet still respectable. I would guess Tech, LSSU, NMU and other like-sized programs would agree.

Since these contests are at the Sanford Center (somewhat of a hostile place) and this is Tech's first road appearance, I suspect they unofficially would be happy with a split. When playing comparable teams, isn't conventional wisdom; a sweep by the home team is standard, a split reasonable but unlikely, and a sweep by the visitors remote?

Andrew J Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                        That's unlikely, if not remote, from both perspectives. Tech's wins at home over AIU were not that impressive. All of the WCHA and CCHA teams would have done the same and probably won by greater margins than 4-3 & 3-1.
                        Last season Minnesota State beat them at home 1-0 and 5-2 mid-season.

Comment

Last season Minnesota State beat them at home 1-0 and 5-2 mid-season.
                          Flashy Man: Mankato had BSU's number (and has for some time) so yes there are exceptions. I think BSU was 5-1 against Omaha last year and won 3 or 4 on the road as underdogs. I would still say that was and is remote. And a Tech sweep this weekend would still be remote.

Andrew J Carter

Comment

I agree a sweep is not likely; a split for our first road series would be great. Whatever happens, I figure both games will be close.

Comment

Split on the road... Cautiously optimistic but this BSU team has played 4 good games against elite teams, they are not a pushover team and are fully capable of sweeping Tech convincingly this weekend. I do remember our 3-0-2 start last year, but with that said, this Husky team has a whole different level of work ethic this year. They have been flying all over the ice and now need to learn how to cash in on more of those grade A scoring chances they have been good at creating.

Comment

Working...
                              X