Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/21-10/22 Michigan Tech at Bemidji State: WCCHA Opening Weekend

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
    The game will be broadcast statewide on the Minnesota Channel.
    There's a Minnesota Channel?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      There's a Minnesota Channel?
      http://www.tpt.org/?a=mnChannel
      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

The game will be broadcast statewide on the Minnesota Channel.
        Lakeland Public Television boradcasts all BSU home games over the air. These broadcasts are also picked up by "The Minnesota Channel", which, I believe, is basically a Public Televison feed that goes out to all the PBS stations in the state. Also, Lakeland Public Television is part of the Minneapolis local market package on DirecTV, so anyone in the Twin Cities market with DirecTV also has the games available. Some of these viewing options go into Wisconsin, Iowa and the Dakotas as well.

I know in the Alexandria area here, I can get the home games on DirecTV or over the air with Lakeland Public Television or Pioneer Public Television. With the Pioneer feed, it is on one of the "alternate" channels, so that has to run through the digital TV, but with Lakeland, it is on the "main" channel.
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Oh, that is the same one I was thinking of, but I thought it was called Northwoods Television or something like that.

edit: Lakeland! that was what I was thinking of

It is channel 22 on Dish Network
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

USCHO has predicted a BSU sweep. With that, I can optimistically hope for a split. It feels like Tech hockey again!

Comment

I live in a "community" with 6 people. our nearest "town" has around 50 year rounders. Bemidji will be plenty exciting for me! thank you USCHO! thank you thank you thank you. Beavers sweep 7-1, 8-0.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Beavers sweep, put up double digits on Saturday. 4 on Robinson in the first, 6 on Genoe the rest of the way.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I like Bemidji. Who cares if they're mascot resembles the gopher, there's only so many ways you can go when the mascot is a furry animal with huge front teeth. And who cares what they're school song is? At least they have one and they actually play it as opposed to Mankato who just plays that stupid Ole song. As for the town, it is standard small-town USA, you have to know how to have fun in a place like that, and if you're not from there that isn't easy. This may make it less interesting to road trip to as opposed to Duluth, Madison or Denver but seriously, there is equally nothing to do in St. Cloud, Houghton and Mankato. The only real, legitimate gripe I've seen is that the bars close at 1:00.
                  Settle down. Nowhere did I say that I hate Bemidji. I merely commented on things I noticed in the arena that made me laugh.

Edit: I call split BTW.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

College Hockey Tonight is available with a weekend preview of the Tech/BSU series in the link in my sig...
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Bemidji sweeps, 6-0, 13-1. The coaching staff stay out until 2:00 a.m. Saturday night and Mel is later concussed by a frisky beaver in his room. Tech switches to DIII, turns off the cooling plant to save money, and loses their first exhibition game to L'Anse High School, 4-1, after the melting ice contributes to Josh Robinson tearing an ACL. All the recruits change their commitments to BGSU and Merrimack, and the team switches leagues again to the GLHL and thereafter consists entirely of Pietilas. A close win over Portage Lake salvages the tail end of the season. On the bright side, parking fees are dropped for 2012/13.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        Bemidji sweeps, 6-0, 13-1. The coaching staff stay out until 2:00 a.m. Saturday night and Mel is later concussed by a frisky beaver in his room. Tech switches to DIII, turns off the cooling plant to save money, and loses their first exhibition game to L'Anse High School, 4-1, after the melting ice contributes to Josh Robinson tearing an ACL. All the recruits change their commitments to BGSU and Merrimack, and the team switches leagues again to the GLHL and thereafter consists entirely of Pietilas. A close win over Portage Lake salvages the tail end of the season. On the bright side, parking fees are dropped for 2012/13.
                        I wouldn't mind getting concussed by a frisky beaver at 2:00 am Sunday morning.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Geezer, that's a totally baseless scoring prediction.

Good job!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I wouldn't mind getting concussed by a frisky beaver at 2:00 am Sunday morning.
                            Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                            *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

I'm in Vancouver Canada, is there a way I can pick up this game? We don't have dish tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltahawk View Post
                                I'm in Vancouver Canada, is there a way I can pick up this game? We don't have dish tv.
                                Shouldn't you be busy burning police cars and smashing plate glass windows?

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X