X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10/21-10/22 Michigan Tech at Bemidji State: WCCHA Opening Weekend

Tech bus breaks down and they forfeit both games
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

BSU wins one by shutout, loses the other in a close game. THEN the wheels fall off the Tech bandwagon.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

(Obligatory beaver mascot/not many girls at Tech joke)

Yeah, that's all I have to contribute here.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          (Obligatory beaver mascot/not many girls at Tech joke)

Yeah, that's all I have to contribute here.
          Since you brought it up.

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
            Ugh, this is my LEAST favorite "WCHA" team and my least favorite town. I'd rather spend a weekend in Wisconsin than Bemidji. Even though this series is a mere four hours from me, I'll definitely not be in attendance.
            How can anybody dislike the Beavers? Or Berrrrrmidji?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              Here we go again...... Please don't get her started. She had a bad time on her last time to Bemidji.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
                Since you brought it up.
                I knew I could depend on you, sir.
                Always a Wildcat...
                Originally posted by Kepler
                If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                  I disagree, huskyfan. Michigan Tech will definitely get shut out in one, if not both, of those games. The UW games were flukes... not to mention the AIC games. The hockey gods are toying with us....again.

Ugh, this is my LEAST favorite "WCHA" team and my least favorite town. I'd rather spend a weekend in Wisconsin than Bemidji. Even though this series is a mere four hours from me, I'll definitely not be in attendance.

Go Tech and all that jazz. Work your magic, Mel.
                  I doubt very much that Tech will get shut out by any but elite teams this year, provided we stay healthy. Tech takes a lot of shots and has developed some serious offensive firepower. I'm not saying we'll beat Bemidji, as I think they've got a talented, seasoned squad, but 2 shutouts? I don't see it. As to the previous 2 series, I agree that AIC wasn't very tough and Wisconsin didn't play well, but I wouldn't call them flukes. We roundly outplayed Wisconsin and the scores were closer than the they should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, MEg once told me that it all goes back to a few BSU fans suggesting that the other MN hockey schools lobby the WCHA to kick Tech out of the conference to make room for the Beavers. If true, I wonder how those fans feel now that BSU will be relegated to the WCCHA with Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                      I knew I could depend on you, sir.
                      I aim to please.
                      Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                      *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!

Comment

Not traveling tomorrow. Some knowns, some known unknowns, some unknown knowns.

Brown, Tommy
                        Cramer, Corson
                        Gordic, Milos
                        Heinonen, Pete
                        Hietala, Blake
                        Holmberg, Daniel
                        Pietila, Chad
                        Reddick, Bryce

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          If I'm not mistaken, MEg once told me that it all goes back to a few BSU fans suggesting that the other MN hockey schools lobby the WCHA to kick Tech out of the conference to make room for the Beavers. If true, I wonder how those fans feel now that BSU will be relegated to the WCCHA with Tech.
                          Close, she thought UAA would get the boot by adding Bemidji, and won't admit she was overly paranoid about her other favorite team.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            Close, she thought UAA would get the boot by adding Bemidji, and won't admit she was overly paranoid about her other favorite team.
                            Oh it will be fun in 2 years when some of those MN schools are in their own cellar.

Comment

I noticed that a majority of the bsu goals last weekend were on the power play. Comments?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I noticed that a majority of the bsu goals last weekend were on the power play. Comments?
                                Should be an interesting match up seeing as though we had many shorthanded chances last weekend as well as some odd man situations shorthanded.
                                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Working...
                                X