tUMD @ Providence College: (10-21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ Providence College: (10-21/22)

UMD coming off a disappointing weekend against UMTC. I am going to watch UMD's penalty kill and defense carefully this weekend as it was a back breaker last weekend. UMD needs to sweep or tie and win to help bolster their nonconference PWR.

PC is off to an undefeated start with Nate Lehman and former Mich. Tech head coach Jamie Russell.

Fryer

Go Dogs!
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ Providence College: (10-21/22)

I dont know if you saw Providence last year when they were in your building. That team is a distant memory after only one week of play. This is a totally different style of play that the Friars employ now. This should be a good matchup for both teams, i am looking at a split or a win and a tie from either team. A weekend sweep would surprise me no matter what team.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the champs play at PC this weekend. I know that they are off to a tough start by their standards but it should be a great weekend of hockey. I too would be surprised it either team swept the weekend. Looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs live.

Are any fans making the trip from Duluth?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        Looking forward to seeing the champs play at PC this weekend. I know that they are off to a tough start by their standards but it should be a great weekend of hockey. I too would be surprised it either team swept the weekend. Looking forward to seeing the Bulldogs live.

Are any fans making the trip from Duluth?
        I am hoping for a sweep from my Bulldogs, which they need. Myself and a friend of mine thought about making this trip but the cost was too high. I believe RWD's family will be out in full force. IIRC there should be around twenty of them at the game. Other than that I would expect some family if players but not much else.

What have the Fryers done differently that has made them 4 - 0?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Was hoping to get to one of the games this weekend. Too bad Jr.s got games at the same time on both nights. Maybe I can get there late on Sturday and catch the last 2 periods

Comment

Not much action here this week. I see Brown on PC is from Cloquet - that's kinda neat. I hope tUMD can match PC's intensity especially coming off of an emotional series vs. umtc.

Here are probable lines per the DNT

Mike Seidel-Jack Connolly-J.T. Brown
            Max Tardy-Travis Oleksuk-Joe Basaraba
            Justin Crandall-Caleb Herbert-David Grun
            Keegan Flaherty-Jake Hendrickson-Adam Krause

Wade Bergman-Brady Lamb
            Scott Kishel-Chris Casto
            Drew Olson-Derik Johnson

Kenny Reiter, Aaron Crandall

Lovin' the third line! Like most, wish JT was on the second line. Who knows, half the time these lines aren't accurate it seems.

GO DOGS
            tUMD

Comment

Not much action in this thread...
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                That's what she said.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  7 hours from puck drop, I've been sick and havent left the house in 3 days. But you can bet your a** i will make it to both of these games. First time there is something to be excited about in over 5 seasons here in Providence.

Comment

Should be a fun weekend....A split by PC would be considered a success I think. Anything more would be CRAZY!
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I so wish I could be there tonight. Wishing PC a wildly successful weekend. Have fun y'all.

Comment

If we can get a win here, I'm liking this team more and more. They always played hard last season, but the way they played last Friday was unreal. Should be able to go to the game on Saturday night with Mrs. Jon. Any UMD fans making the trip? We have nine billion strip clubs in Providence.
                        And PC isn't 4-0. 2-0.

And I hear if you refer to them as "t"UMD a short MTU fan in Minnesota will cut you.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          If we can get a win here, I'm liking this team more and more. They always played hard last season, but the way they played last Friday was unreal. Should be able to go to the game on Saturday night with Mrs. Jon. Any UMD fans making the trip? We have nine billion strip clubs in Providence.
                          And PC isn't 4-0. 2-0.

And I hear if you refer to them as "t"UMD a short MTU fan in Minnesota will cut you.
                          Wish I could have made the trip. There will be some UMD fans in attendance who live out there.

GO DOGS!

Try living with that short MTU fan
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                          X