Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sioux versus Badgers... Is Wisconsin really that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sioux versus Badgers... Is Wisconsin really that bad?

I must say that I am shocked by the Huskies sweeping the Badgers. Which team are the Sioux getting this weekend?
    Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
    Eric's Twitter
    The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Re: Sioux versus Badgers... Is Wisconsin really that bad?

Badgers sweep

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
      I must say that I am shocked by the Huskies sweeping the Badgers. Which team are the Sioux getting this weekend?
      The Badgers
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

...Tell Hakstol he doesn't have to teach boarding, checking from behind nor elbows to the head this week
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
          The Badgers
          BADgers or Badgers?
          Eric's Twitter

Comment

Yes?

Comment

I was at the Tech-Badger series. To be sure, the Badgers are young and have some growing to do, especially on the power play (Tech outshot them 4-1 on a 5 minute Badger power play). Every team who plays Tech will find out, however, that this year's Tech team is quite different from Tech teams of the recent past. All I can say is that coaching definitely does make a difference and Mel Pearson is the real deal. Obviously he's just getting started and Tech has a ways to go, but I guarantee that they will raise a few eyebrows this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8shtscor View Post
                I was at the Tech-Badger series. To be sure, the Badgers are young and have some growing to do, especially on the power play (Tech outshot them 4-1 on a 5 minute Badger power play). Every team who plays Tech will find out, however, that this year's Tech team is quite different from Tech teams of the recent past. All I can say is that coaching definitely does make a difference and Mel Pearson is the real deal. Obviously he's just getting started and Tech has a ways to go, but I guarantee that they will raise a few eyebrows this year.
                So where do you see them finishing in the WCHA this season?
                Eric's Twitter

Comment

Good points. Wisconsin didn't lose to a cupcake this weekend. The Badgers played two tough UP teams so far this year and gave both of them a run for their money. The Sue don't appear to be in quite the same form as last year either and they better take the Badgers seriously.

Comment

Over the years, the Badgers have done extremely well against the Sioux. Should be a fun series, though, with two teams who have a lot of learning in front of them and who are counting on a lot from their freshmen. There have been a lot of great series between these two teams, but I don't remember one in which both teams had so many unknowns. More interesting in that way.

Five, Six, Sioux want more!!

Comment

It would be so nice to see Tech turn it around. You gotta be rootin' for them.
                      Arenas I have been to in (chronological order):

Munn Arena: Michigan State
                      Norris Center/Abel Arena: Lake Superior
                      MacInnes Arena: Mich Tech
                      Yost Arena: U-Mich
                      Lakeview Arena: Nothern Mich
                      Ewigleben Arena: Ferris State
                      Lawson Arena: Western Mich.
                      Mariucci Arena ('nuff said)
                      Verizon Wireless Center: MN State
                      Joyce Center: Notre Dame
                      Berry Events Center: Northern Mich
                      Matthews Arena: Northeastern

Comment

Yes, WisconSIN really IS that bad.

Oh wait, you probably meant their hockey team ... then no, probably not that bad, but pretty young for the WCHA race.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe Wisconsin should start recruiting some players that they can develope over 4 years instead of all the 2 and 3 year rentals that don't produce championships either. Just my opinion, which I've been told means nothing.

Comment

The problem for Wisconsin last weekend wasn't the mistakes defensively. Edit: 3 of 3 goals scored in regulation were tips from the point. The problem is this team simply doesn't have the offensive fire power of teams the past few years. The Zengerle/Barnes/Mersch line is solid but there just isn't much offensive punch after that.
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              The problem for Wisconsin last weekend wasn't the mistakes defensively. 3 of the 4 goals scored in regulation were tips from the point. The problem is this team simply doesn't have the offensive fire power of teams the past few years. The Zengerle/Barnes/Mersch line is solid but there just isn't much offensive punch after that.
                              I saw the replay of the game winning goal, so the one loss can be blamed on horrible reffing, that being said, I still have a hard time believing that Wisconsin is bad team.

Any TV for this weekend's games?
                              Eric's Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X