Unh @ scsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unh @ scsu

UNH has to be licking their lips at the thought of playing a team that looks to be as lost as the Huskies do right now. Being 1-3 and on the verge of a first half train wreck for the second straight year this weekend is about as must win as gets for the Huskies.

Any UNH fans making the trip?
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Re: Unh @ scsu

UNH is 0-3 so far, 1 goal for, 14 goals against so we're not exactly off to a hot start either. Wouldn't it be something if both games ended in 0-0 draws?
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      UNH is 0-3 so far, 1 goal for, 14 goals against so we're not exactly off to a hot start either. Wouldn't it be something if both games ended in 0-0 draws?
      It might be a fitting weekend for both teams....
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

We're on our way to the Frozen Four, so this weekend would be a good time to start winning consistently.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          We're on our way to the Frozen Four, so this weekend would be a good time to start winning consistently.
          If it's going to take you from now until April to go 1375 miles then you could only be walking. Get a good pair of shoes ... k?

Comment

Not likely. St. Cloud's defense is currently too porous. They should be more like 9 - 9 OT finishes.

ClOuD 9? Sounds like you are destined to end your self-imposed exile in Cloudy town.

Where will the Wildcats have their Thursday night team dinner? I suggest dining at Val's. Ask for extra salt on the fries.

Comment

Coach says the defense played well, it's the other guys that have to step it up. Also says the power play is fixed, so we have no worries there. Now if some of the upper classmen besides Festler can score, we're on our way. I think I'll fly to Tampa. Is it too early to book flight and hotel?
              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Mike Lee isnt good enough to shut out UNH.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Mike Lee isnt good enough to shut out UNH.
                  You are correct, and I don't know if he'll even be in goal this weekend, since Faragher did such an admirable job.
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Holy hell, our most optimistic fans have jumped ship!
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

UNH takes 3 of 4 points winning 1-0 Friday and tying 0-0 Saturday.
                      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                        You are correct, and I don't know if he'll even be in goal this weekend, since Faragher did such an admirable job.
                        Yup that .870 SV% is so stellar.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I suppose that at a combined 1-6 it isn't too surprising there isn't a lot of optimism or chest-thumping around here!

I have great confidence in the Wildcats, however, as the esteemed Coach York claimed UNH outplayed his squad during the second and third periods Saturday night and should have had five or six goals. Hell, I'll even go so far as to predict UNH will score at least two goals in one of the games.

I know - bold.
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Other than the fact that UNH can't score, can't defend, has no discipline whatsoever, and DiGi appears to have regressed slightly it's been an awesome start to the 2011 season. The frustrating thing is that UNH has played well for good stretches in all three of their first three games. They played extremely well in the first period against BU, were out shooting NU for much of the game and had 20 shots in the second period alone against BC. They just don't seem to have any touch around the net, and then find themselves getting behind and just don't have the discipline yet to come from behind.

This is still a very young team with lots of raw talent. It's going to take some time for these guys to find their identity and learn to play as a team. Very cliche I know, but I need to hang my hat on something after this start. I'm guessing a split, with UNH taking game one.
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Yup that .870 SV% is so stellar.
                              To be fair, what's the save percentage for the Golden Boy this season? Of course, to be fair, he's had a lot of experience in the WCHA, and Faragher has one game.
                              I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                              X