This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

how's them Shepherds gonna ref this weekend's games? (All WCHA refs are named Shepherd, right?)

how do I get a feed on the Internet? not through the usual channel, right?

Re: U Maine 2011-2012 Season (thread created when Maine was at .500) Thread

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
    how's them Shepherds gonna ref this weekend's games? (All WCHA refs are named Shepherd, right?)

how do I get a feed on the Internet? not through the usual channel, right?
    UND website has video and audio. Goblackbears.com has audio.
    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
      Wasn't Abbott leading the nation 4 or 5 weeks into the season on the first line?? Then they moved him to get Nyquist going?? Think so
      Nyquist had points in the first 10 games of the season after a 60+ point season the year before......I'll go out on a limb and say he didn't need Abbott to get him going.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
        Nyquist had points in the first 10 games of the season after a 60+ point season the year before......I'll go out on a limb and say he didn't need Abbott to get him going.
        my memory says that the first line at the beginning was House centering Gus and Flynn.

Abbott had a million points on the pp from th epoint... either shooting it in, or dishing it to flynn or nyquist.

when abbott was moved TO Nyquist's line, Abbott became quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
          UND website has video and audio. Goblackbears.com has audio.
          thanks!
          Last edited by KnowItAll; 10-14-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

The UND site won't let me select the video feed for the game. Is anyone else able to view it?
            GO MAINE

Comment

Originally posted by Maine fan at UNH View Post
              The UND site won't let me select the video feed for the game. Is anyone else able to view it?
              you should ask over at the scoreboard thread

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                you should ask over at the scoreboard thread
                Copy, thanks.
                GO MAINE

Comment

Joey Diamond is the most selfish Maine player I have ever seen. Not only does he take penalty after penalty, but none of them are ever reasonable penalties. They are always obvious holds, trips and roughings in the offensive
                  zone. I was at the Michigan State game last year, and he did the same thing as he did tonight.

And Whitehead never takes him out or (seemingly) disciplines him.

That was awful. With a power play with 5 minutes to go, we could have won or tied this game. Diamond makes
                  some good plays, but overall he is a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by mydylar View Post
                    Joey Diamond is the most selfish Maine player I have ever seen. Not only does he take penalty after penalty, but none of them are ever reasonable penalties. They are always obvious holds, trips and roughings in the offensive
                    zone. I was at the Michigan State game last year, and he did the same thing as he did tonight.

That was awful. With a power play with 5 minutes to go, we could have won or tied this game. Diamond makes
                    if you had watched more than just the hit on Blood, then you MIGHT have seen the hit from behind on Hegarty that was overlooked entirely.
                    and did you HAPPEN to see the "slash" called when ONeill contacted Blood's gloves?
                    I am guessing that Ben Blood is the Patrick Eaves of the WCHA.

the refs sometimes like to make sure there are as many marbles in the left pocket as there are in the right by the end of the night... this does not make DIamond a selfish player

Comment

I like Diamond. He is a scrappy player that produces and gets under opponents skin.

Tough loss tonight but we will continue to improve and we have a great team and excellent coaching.

Only question is why Amestoy doesn't play? I like his tenacity and I think he has wheels, why not give him some more opportuinity, maybe he will shine!

Comment

IMO great game by Maine tonight. Everyone but Joey Diamond. He blew it big time. Everyone played their butts off only to lose because Diamond likes to be in the spotlight.

Comment

I agree, Diamond and Whitehead cost Maine the game. We out played them, out shot them, and gave up momentum by taking horrible selfish plays. This is the third time this year we go on the pp and Diamond takes a penalty right away. Its hard to put all the blame on him because he never misses a shift or a game, if Whitehead put him in the stands for taking bad penalties he may cut it out.

And while he does get under the other teams skin, so far this year he has taken more penalties then he has drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by mydylar View Post

You keep using the word "selfish", when I believe what you're trying to say is "bar none the dirtiest player in Hockey East". Hope that helps!
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

I expected to see UND run Maine out of The Ralph tonight, and I was dead-wrong on that one:Maine looked like much the better team for about 85% of the game.They were just two posts and a crossbar away from sealing the deal by the midway in the 2nd.

Marty was pretty good.He was late in sealing off the post on that 1st goal, which he appeared to kick in all by himself, but he made a great first save in that sequence, too.

Timmy says he's going to sit Diamond tomorrow, and I agree with that decision.I might even bench him for another game or two, just for good measure.He plays a dumb game half the time, and his up-side is not so "up" as to justify his penalties.I DO think that the refs are looking for him to mess up, but he has to recognize that fact, too, and play smarter.(Life isn't fair, right?)

I loved the effort tonight.Not very often do I see UND out-played in their own barn...But, the result was all too familiar.At least the cupboard will not be bare when the next coach is hired after this around-.500 season.(Please.)

Comment

Working...
                              X