Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >>> RIT Tigers 2011-12 -- Now then, where were we? <<<

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...-by-title-loss

Scott McDonald is tired of the condolences.

Powers &8^]

Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2011-12 -- Now then, where were we? <<<

To be honest, I'm a little tired too. It's been over 25 years since RIT won a national championship, and the women have never won. Meanwhile, Norwich goes and wins it all in just their fourth year. RIT is, I'm afraid, quickly gaining a rep as a school that can't win the big one and cracks under pressure, especially on home ice (see: the last time the men made it to a national championship game, which was almost an exact parallel to the women's most recent game -- didn't anyone tell them about the 2001 game?)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      To be honest, I'm a little tired too. It's been over 25 years since RIT won a national championship, and the women have never won. Meanwhile, Norwich goes and wins it all in just their fourth year. RIT is, I'm afraid, quickly gaining a rep as a school that can't win the big one and cracks under pressure, especially on home ice (see: the last time the men made it to a national championship game, which was almost an exact parallel to the women's most recent game -- didn't anyone tell them about the 2001 game?)

Powers &8^]
      You're looking to far into it. If it happens again before winning one then I'll get worried.

In other news, exhinition game on Saturday at 2 against Durham West.
      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Who cares about reputation, last year was last year. Lets go out and win.
        RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
          Who cares about reputation, last year was last year. Lets go out and win.
          Winning games is great and all, but it doesn't mean a whole lot without championships.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Winning games is great and all, but it doesn't mean a whole lot without championships.

Powers &8^]
            So go out and win a championship, you don't need a reputation to do that.
            RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Mania View Post
              So go out and win a championship, you don't need a reputation to do that.
              The Buffalo Bills have a reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                The Buffalo Bills have a reputation.
                The Minnesota Vikings and Denver Bronco's had similar reputations. Broncos eventually got the monkey of their back. If last weekend is any indication, RIT might very well be the team to beat this year.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                  The Minnesota Vikings and Denver Bronco's had similar reputations. Broncos eventually got the monkey of their back. If last weekend is any indication, RIT might very well be the team to beat this year.
                  You're right, that's the way it looks so far.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
                    You're right, that's the way it looks so far.
                    We were the team to beat last year too. Unfortunately, someone did.

It's just a shame that RIT, between the men and women, has hosted the national championship game four times and lost all four (though a couple were semifinal losses).

Powers &8^]

Comment

We were the team to beat last year too. Unfortunately, someone did.

It's just a shame that RIT, between the men and women, has hosted the national championship game four times and lost all four (though a couple were semifinal losses).

Powers &8^]
                      Powers that is the type of stat this is nice for fans to know but should never be brought up.
                      RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

It gets brought up by all the RIT-haters out there every time we get to the big show, and will continue to do so until we prove we can win a championship at home.

On another note, looks like the ladies have new unis this year. http://ritathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=whock -- though they look kinda familiar to me...

Powers &8^]

Comment

It gets brought up by all the RIT-haters out there every time we get to the big show, and will continue to do so until we prove we can win a championship at home.
                          You are the only one I have heard bring it up.
                          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                          Men's Frozen Four 2010
                          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

On another note, looks like the ladies have new unis this year. http://ritathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=whock -- though they look kinda familiar to me...

Powers &8^]
                            Orange, Black, and White jerseys for the Tigers this year looks like?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Orange, Black, and White jerseys for the Tigers this year looks like?
                              And rumors of camo jerseys for a special military appreciation weekend. And I heard talk from ZTA about make the rink pink again (feb 10 and 11) but I don't know if special jerseys will be worn then...
                              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010
                              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X