Elmira College 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmira College 2011-2012

Didn’t see a thread for this year. So if there is Ill delete this one.

Any info on the roster? Any returning players not make it?
    EC has had some good years so hopefully they can take that next step.
    Please post any pictures you may have for the past or during the year

So who has a review for coming season?

2011-12 Schedule
    http://www.elmira.edu/athletics/spor...chedule_winter

Good luck to Coach Saul and the Souring Eagles!

PS
    Saw this youtube video. Im an Xs and Os type of guy. This is neat because EC is running a diamond PK which isn’t used much.
    EDIT: not sure why I forgot this. The diamond works here because they run an unbrella PP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be07z1YPvZY
    Last edited by ballgame; 10-11-2011, 09:54 AM.

Re: Elmira College 2011-2012

theres now way in the world they will stream this first game vs Oz on the web, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      theres now way in the world they will stream this first game vs Oz on the web, is there??
      Elmira usually streams all their home games on fa$thockey... so, if you're willing to fork out $6.99 to watch a single-camera (which is operated by a student who likely knows very little about hockey) low-quality stream, you're welcome to do so.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        Elmira usually streams all their home games on fa$thockey... so, if you're willing to fork out $6.99 to watch a single-camera (which is operated by a student who likely knows very little about hockey) low-quality stream, you're welcome to do so.
        well since ya put it that way i am definetly IN........NOT

Comment

Pretty excited...will be in New York for a business trip and will probably be able to swing by Elmira to catch the game Friday night!
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
            Pretty excited...will be in New York for a business trip and will probably be able to swing by Elmira to catch the game Friday night!
            thats awesome. Im jealous

Comment

from last year

*****http://www.elmira.edu//images/shared/athletics/sports/mens_hockey/roster/2010TeamWEB.jpg******

Comment

well since ya put it that way i am definetly IN........NOT
                You could always pay the 6.99 to watch the video stream and listen on WNYO for free

Then again, it probably wouldn't sync up.
                WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                  You could always pay the 6.99 to watch the video stream and listen on WNYO for free

Then again, it probably wouldn't sync up.
                  You have to pause the one ahead and then restart it when the action gets close. I have to do it when Clarkson is on the road and the game is on America One. Then you have to stop it and restart after the period to resynch when the next period starts up.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    You have to pause the one ahead and then restart it when the action gets close. I have to do it when Clarkson is on the road and the game is on America One. Then you have to stop it and restart after the period to resynch when the next period starts up.
                    thnks but I have seen that 1 camera act on fasthockey and its almost as bad as the lighting at the Domes

Comment

Lights ca. 1973

... its almost as bad as the lighting at the Domes
                      I attended the very first EC home game in the Domes, and the lights in the four pods at each corner of the ice were designed to reflect off the hoary insulation blown onto the ceiling. The result was an almost outside light effect which was eerily natural. Unfortunately, over time, smoke, dirt and dust accumulated on the insulation making it light absorptive, and requiring the half-baked lighting solution in there now. The ceiling is so high and is not conducive to fixtures being hung from it so all the lighting must be from the sides creating the creepy shadows.

Comment

Re: Lights ca. 1973

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                        I attended the very first EC home game in the Domes, and the lights in the four pods at each corner of the ice were designed to reflect off the hoary insulation blown onto the ceiling. The result was an almost outside light effect which was eerily natural. Unfortunately, over time, smoke, dirt and dust accumulated on the insulation making it light absorptive, and requiring the half-baked lighting solution in there now. The ceiling is so high and is not conducive to fixtures being hung from it so all the lighting must be from the sides creating the creepy shadows.
                        I played there my frshman year, never got used to the lights, then came back as a player with Oswego and still couldnt get used to it.......

Comment

Update (Sort-of)

Final From the Domes:

Code:
                                  1  2  3  F
                          Purple  1  3  3  7
                          Gold    1  1  4  6
                          Can't really comment too much, as admittedly I have no where near the objective viewpoint I once had. Some good talent on the ice. Nate and Matt's compilation on the commitments page was well-done (as always), as all four players listed there were on the ice tonight... with some very promising additions.

The wait is over... It is officially hockey season!!
                          Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 10-15-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: Had the flippin' score flipped!!! Rookie mistake </shame>
                          Dave
                          RIT - '90

Comment

lights were never an issue while playing. Its only if you are high above looking down. The only hard part was how bright they are, but you get over that once you hit the ice. Its game time. Too busy looking down the other end to see where they are scoring on the goalie

Comment

2011-2012 Roster is up. Can't wait for Friday.

Cheers,
                              "TTF"
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

Working...
                              X