Brice Alaska Goal Rush (Oct 14 & 15): UAF, UAA, UNO, Mercyhurst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brice Alaska Goal Rush (Oct 14 & 15): UAF, UAA, UNO, Mercyhurst

From the Carlson Center in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Live Coverage: (according to UAF web site)
    America ONE - All games video streamed live.
    KCBF 820AM (820sports.com) - Alaska Nanooks play-by-play radio broadcast with Bruce Cech and Scott Roseilus/Erik Drygas on Color Analysis.

Friday, October 14:
    ...UAA vs. UNO, 5:05pm ADT
    ...UAF vs Mercyhurst, 8:05pm, ADT

Saturday, October 15:
    ...UAA vs. UNO, 4:05pm ADT
    ...UAF vs Mercyhurst, 7:05pm ADT

***Regardless what UAF's web site says, I believe these games are actually being played in 2011, and that UAF's Friday night game is at 8:05 AST and not 7:05 ADT. Until a couple weeks ago they still had UAA playing Union Saturday night. Whatever. ***

Go Nooks!
    Last edited by mmf; 10-10-2011, 09:16 AM.

Re: Brice Alaska Goal Rush (Oct 14 & 15): UAF, UAA, UNO, Mercyhurst

Tough field this year. Omaha and Mercyhurst are both solid. If I didn't have to be in Soldotna all day Friday we would have driven up.

I think the 'Nooks and the other team from Anchorage both found a lot to build on from the Kendall tourney. Hopefully AK goes 4-0 this weekend but we'll see.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
      From the Carlson Center in Fairbanks, Alaska.
      ***Regardless what UAF's web site says, I believe these games are actually being played in 2011, and that UAF's Friday night game is at 8:05 AST and not 7:05 AST. Until a couple weeks ago they still had UAA playing Union Saturday night. Whatever. ***

Go Nooks!
      I want to say " fire that person” but that will in no way come to pass, so I propose that they order an immediate Promotion to a advanced position like....Chief Fuel Officer for the UA_’s ALL- Electric Shuttle bus.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

These games should be tight and hard fought. It's a great field of teams this season!
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I saw Mercyhurst and UNO in Omaha this past weekend (Colgate won the Stampede tourney, with Robert Morris the other team present) and UNO should be tough in Fairbanks. They are playing well together and Dean Blais will have them ready to play after losing their home tourney by one goal. Good luck to the 'Nooks, too!

Comment

Mercyhurst travels north in what seems like their annual trek to Alaska, after dropping a 5-1 decision to UNO and a 2-1 decision to Robert Morris last weekend. The Lakers were outshot 44-18 by UNO, but outshot RM 30-25. The Lakers were able to score a pp against UNO (1-2), but failed in their two attempts against RM.

After beating Mercyhurst, UNO dropped the title game of their own tournament with a 4-3 loss to Colgate. UNO outshot Colgate 36-23 but to no avail. They were 1-5 on the pp.

UAA won their own tournament by taking a shootout win against Clarkson (4-4 after OT), and beating SCSU in an OT thriller (4-3). UAA outshot Clarkson 41-23, and went 2-7 on the pp. They outshot SCSU 32-24 and went 1-3 on the pp.

UAF is coming off a 4-1 loss to SCSU and a 3-1 win over Clarkson. The Nooks outshot SCSU 24-15, but spent 18 minutes in the box. SCSU had 3 goals on 9 shots at one point. UAF was 1-4 on the pp, and their pk stopped all 7 SCSU pp attempts. The Nooks outshot Clarkson 35-22 and went 1-6 on the pp.

The Nooks probably feel they have a little to prove after the loss to SCSU. They controlled a lot of the play, but made some bad turnovers that led to SCSU goals. And the Nooks still haven't figured out how to put the puck in the net. This might be a good weekend to solve that problem.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Here's hoping that we see Scott Allen & Eric Scheid suit up this weekend, i'd hate to take anyone out this weekend, but i think these two guys have quite a bit of potential.
              GO WOLVES
              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Mercyhurst travels north in what seems like their annual trek to Alaska, after dropping a 5-1 decision to UNO and a 2-1 decision to Robert Morris last weekend. The Lakers were outshot 44-18 by UNO, but outshot RM 30-25. The Lakers were able to score a pp against UNO (1-2), but failed in their two attempts against RM.

After beating Mercyhurst, UNO dropped the title game of their own tournament with a 4-3 loss to Colgate. UNO outshot Colgate 36-23 but to no avail. They were 1-5 on the pp.

UAA won their own tournament by taking a shootout win against Clarkson (4-4 after OT), and beating SCSU in an OT thriller (4-3). UAA outshot Clarkson 41-23, and went 2-7 on the pp. They outshot SCSU 32-24 and went 1-3 on the pp.

UAF is coming off a 4-1 loss to SCSU and a 3-1 win over Clarkson. The Nooks outshot SCSU 24-15, but spent 18 minutes in the box. SCSU had 3 goals on 9 shots at one point. UAF was 1-4 on the pp, and their pk stopped all 7 SCSU pp attempts. The Nooks outshot Clarkson 35-22 and went 1-6 on the pp.

The Nooks probably feel they have a little to prove after the loss to SCSU. They controlled a lot of the play, but made some bad turnovers that led to SCSU goals. And the Nooks still haven't figured out how to put the puck in the net. This might be a good weekend to solve that problem.

Go Nooks!
                Nice write up all the way around, maybe.....just maybe you should volunteer your services to the UA_ Sports info office as they can always use a writer who can do a good job. Oh by the way after your last uncalled for stunt in "the City" We will need to share a few beverages for that one.
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Sounds like theres gonna be a few UAA fans heading up for the games this weekend. I'll be there sometime Friday and I'm planning on attending all four games.

Should be a good set of games. Mercyhurst is headed back to the Last Frontier after a one year absence. Something about that team always interested me and I'm looking forward to seeing how they match up this year. Nebraska--Omaha has been a tough opponent since joining the WCHA. This will be an interesting game to watch since the Seawolves will be at UNO the following week for a conference series. I'm interested to see if UAA will be able to keep up what was started this past weekend. They've got some good hockey going for sure and hopefully that won't be diminished by a trip north.

Comment

UNO has a good team again this year, Archibald who is a 17 yr old freshman has already shown flashes of brilliance in the 3 games he's played. Hopefully team captain Alex Hudson will return from his suspension, the team could have used his speed and skill against Colgate last week. Should be a good weekend of hockey in the great white north.
                    Unleash the fury!

Comment

Originally posted by unomavfan View Post
                      ...Should be a good weekend of hockey in the great white north.
                      It's actually more like the "great brown leaf-less north" right now...but it's still early in the week.

Comment

It's actually more like the "great brown leaf-less north" right now...but it's still early in the week.
                        Shenanigans. Everybody south of Talkeetna knows that Fairbanks is a snowy frozen wasteland 12 months of the year with no trees, streets, traffic lights or people.
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

With my luck that white &*#% will hit the ground the night before before I arrive and the sanding trucks will have spread small boulders all over the roads .

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            With my luck that white &*#% will hit the ground the night before before I arrive and the sanding trucks will have spread small boulders all over the roads .
                            Wait ... then they really do sand the roads in _airbanks? That's not what we have experienced!
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I assume this game will have CCHA refs on the ice?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X