Clarkson Golden Knights 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson Golden Knights 2011-2012 Season

Was at the game tonight to scout both teams prior to SLU's game tomorrow. I have to say were it not for Karpowich it would have been a 7-1 loss for the Knights. He was outstanding in net and the difference in the game. Clarkson looked very out of sync and slow, lots of bad passing and a very, very chippy game. Lots of nonsense after the whistle particularly by Tambelyn. Q was only 1 for 7 on the PP and were it not for the goal tending those penalties would have cost them the game.
    First time I saw both teams this season. Q Pac has some very talented players and are pretty deep. I am guessing I caught Clarkson on an off night but I was not at all impressed with the way they played. I don't know how much of it was Q dominating or Clarkson having a lackluster game.
    SLU

Comment

I was there too. I thought the game was much more even than that. The shot total was baloney. On several Q shots it went up by more than 1. Saw it go from 39 to 44 on one shot in fact. They gotta fix that. Karpowich was sensational at times though.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
        I was there too. I thought the game was much more even than that. The shot total was baloney. On several Q shots it went up by more than 1. Saw it go from 39 to 44 on one shot in fact. They gotta fix that. Karpowich was sensational at times though.
        As an SLU fan in CT I go to quite a few Quinnipiac games and Yale games. Your observation about the shot totals at Q Pac are valid as I have seen that numerous times over the years. What I have learned though is that the totals don't necessarily go up the minute they happen and sometimes whoever is doing it does catch up. I've also noticed that the "official" game stats totals often differ from what the shots do during the game. Not sure if that means two different people are keeping the tallies but the official final total was 44-11. So, Clarkson went down from what was listed on the scoreboard.

I think sometimes watching as a fan and as a third party ( I have no axe to grind with either team other than the Saints/Knights longstanding rivalry so I guess I can't be that impartial either)......however watching hockey is sometimes like watching a prize fight. If you only focus on the one fighter you think man that guy is getting hit a lot but if you don't look at the other guy getting hit???? I thought Clarkson's lackluster play could be summarized in one sequence. Late in the third the Knights were coming out of their zone with no Q fore checkers pressuring them. There were three Knights breaking out. The D Man lugged the puck towards the blue line, passed it to a winger and the pass was off a good 2-3 feet completely missing the winger and turning the puck back over to Q Pac. That is a lot of what I saw last night that led to my comments.
        SLU

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
          That is a lot of what I saw last night that led to my comments.

You are a Saint's fan, I get it.

Playing without 2 of their best players, spending a third of the game on the PK and a shortened bench, wears a team down. A point on the road, I will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            I thought Clarkson's lackluster play could be summarized in one sequence. Late in the third the Knights were coming out of their zone with no Q fore checkers pressuring them. There were three Knights breaking out. The D Man lugged the puck towards the blue line, passed it to a winger and the pass was off a good 2-3 feet completely missing the winger and turning the puck back over to Q Pac.
            Late in the third they were dead tired with all the penalties they had to kill. In fact, if Casey hadn't called time when he did, they would have given up the winning goal in OT. The Knights simply had no legs left and were getting beat to the puck in their own end consistently.

Comment

Much better effort tonight against Dartmouth than Harvard last night! Let's see what the road brings us.
              LGT!
              Last edited by drewcu; 11-19-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                Let's see what the road brings us. LGT!
                Both games will be a challenge. Hoping for two W's though. Both games winnable.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                  Both games will be a challenge. Hoping for two W's though. Both games winnable.
                  Well RSTuthill, we came out tentative vs. Maine with a ton of turnovers and bad penalties....and we lost, that being said, I think we were the better team. Holy Cross game, Tech was a very dominant on both sides of the ice. One and one so far with seven straight road games to go .........LET'S GO TECH!

Comment

Well ............I think we were the better team. Holy Cross game, Tech was a very dominant on both sides of the ice. One and one so far with seven straight road games to go .........LET'S GO TECH!
                    Clarkson being the better team is argueable. I will say Karpowich is a very good goal tender and Clarkson will have an opportunity to prove themselves against Maine on December 29 in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Clarkson being the better team is argueable. I will say Karpowich is a very good goal tender and Clarkson will have an opportunity to prove themselves against Maine on December 29 in Florida.
                      Of course it is arguable. We all wear rose colored glassses, but I think we welcome the rematch in Estero. Best of luck.

Comment

Clarkson at SLU for a special Tuesday night tilt, I think it is going to be a close one. Any idea if Sexton, Cayer or Tremblat are back in the lineup?

Comment

Clarkson at SLU for a special Tuesday night tilt, I think it is going to be a close one. Any idea if Sexton, Cayer or Tremblat are back in the lineup?
                          According to Cap and Dan, no tremblay, no flanagan. I think that's a minor net loss for SLU, as we have fewer offensive weapons. We're also down George Hughes until the end of the month.

Comment

Nice win for the Knights at Appelton. Strong first period and then the MO changed as SLU scored to make it 2-1 and 3-3. We did a great job weathering the SLU storm, game got quite testy in the end.....going to be a great battle in Lake Placid. Huge 2 points for us on the road!
                            LGT!

Comment

Nice win for the Knights at Appelton. Strong first period and then the MO changed as SLU scored to make it 2-1 and 3-3. We did a great job weathering the SLU storm, game got quite testy in the end.....going to be a great battle in Lake Placid. Huge 2 points for us on the road!
                              LGT!
                              Nice win. It's clear that we miss Flanny and Hughes, although we need to minimize our mistakes, and turnovers probably amounted to 3 of CCT's goals directly. SLU isn't a strong enough team offensively to be doing that.

Looking forward to round 2 in just 4 short days, wish I could be up there for it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Nice win. It's clear that we miss Flanny and Hughes, although we need to minimize our mistakes, and turnovers probably amounted to 3 of CCT's goals directly. SLU isn't a strong enough team offensively to be doing that.

Looking forward to round 2 in just 4 short days, wish I could be up there for it.
                                If you can't make the game you can still catch it on this link being broadcast over the internet.

www.whiteface.com/events/tv.php

Comment

Working...
                                X