This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

The Cleary Cup will be presented to Union during Coach's Corner Live tomorrow night at Bombers.

SCHENECTADY, NY – For the second consecutive season, the Union College men's ice hockey team has earned the Cleary Cup as ECAC Hockey regular season champions in 2011-12.

In celebration of this remarkable achievement, Union College Director of Athletics Jim McLaughlin will present the Cleary Cup to Men's Hockey Head Coach Rick Bennett tomorrow night on *“Union College Hockey Coach's Corner LIVE from Bombers” at Bombers Burrito Bar on 447 State St. in Schenectady.
    The cup presentation will take place during the show, which will air from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Union hockey fans will have the opportunity to take pictures with the Cleary Cup after the show. Fans in attendance will also be eligible for prizes, including tickets to Game 1 of the ECAC Hockey Quarterfinals at Messa Rink on Friday, March 9, Union Hockey and Bombers apparel, a 2011-12 Union Hockey media guide, and a team photo signed by Rick Bennett.

Coach Bennett will be joined by the “Voice of Union Hockey,” Matt Dubrey, and the show will be broadcast live the Union Hockey Network, WABY-AM 1160 and WVKZ-AM 1240. In addition, the show will be on the web at www.TEAMLINE.cc.

Members of the media are welcome to attend the cup presentation. Interviews with Union College Director of Athletics Jim McLaughlin, Head Coach Rick Bennett, and student-athletes will take place after the conclusion of the show.
    http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...227120954.aspx

Comment

With Jersey Boys opening at Proctors tomorrow night, parking is going to be a nightmare in that area. At least Jersey Boys doesn't start until 8, but a lot of people will be down there anyway.

Comment

Up to 7th in the USCHO and USA Today polls.

Comment

Good read: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...g_the_odds.php

Comment

Attended the hardware presentation last night at Bomber's. One down, two to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
              Attended the hardware presentation last night at Bomber's. One down, two to go.
              Just hope Brown doesn't win their series with Q-Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Just hope Brown doesn't win their series with Q-Pac.
                I see your line of thinking, however, if the same logic holds true for RPI, your boys will be cleaning out their lockers on Monday..... :P
                Keith Reynolds
                Union College
                Class of 1992
                B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                Class of 2001
                M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Originally posted by uniontrack View Post
                  I see your line of thinking, however, if the same logic holds true for RPI, your boys will be cleaning out their lockers on Monday..... :P
                  Methinks someone missed the point of my joke. Check your team-by-team records for this year. Look at all those points you got against Brown this year.

Comment

I'm expecting RPI to be the lowest seed left and thus Union's opponent next weekend.

12 BROWN/5 QPAC... Brown doesn't beat anyone but Union and they haven't won a single game since beating Union on 1/21. QPac just beat Brown on 2/24 and enter the playoffs on a strong note (one loss in final 5 regular season games). The Bobcats protect their home ice well, going 11-3-3 on the year. QPac sweeps.

11 PRINCETON/6 YALE... Yale enters the playoffs on a 4 game unbeaten streak, a period which includes a 5-2 win over Princeton. Yale is 2-0-1 vs Princeton this year and Princeton has just one win in their last seven overall. Yale sweeps.

10 RPI/ 7 CLARKSON.... Think this one is going 3, but see RPI coming out ahead. Clarkson has struggled of late, going 1-3-1 in their past 4. RPI is riding high after road wins over Cornell and Colgate. RPI has a 6 game road unbeaten streak.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                      I'm expecting RPI to be the lowest seed left and thus Union's opponent next weekend.

12 BROWN/5 QPAC... Brown doesn't beat anyone but Union and they haven't won a single game since beating Union on 1/21. QPac just beat Brown on 2/24 and enter the playoffs on a strong note (one loss in final 5 regular season games). The Bobcats protect their home ice well, going 11-3-3 on the year. QPac sweeps.

11 PRINCETON/6 YALE... Yale enters the playoffs on a 4 game unbeaten streak, a period which includes a 5-2 win over Princeton. Yale is 2-0-1 vs Princeton this year and Princeton has just one win in their last seven overall. Yale sweeps.

10 RPI/ 7 CLARKSON.... Think this one is going 3, but see RPI coming out ahead. Clarkson has struggled of late, going 1-3-1 in their past 4. RPI is riding high after road wins over Cornell and Colgate. RPI has a 6 game road unbeaten streak.
                      SLU - Dartmouth too close to call? I think anything can happen in the first round. ECAC teams take turns beating each other all season. Look for the teams with the hot goalie to advance. Here is Ken Schott's video from the Cleary Cup ceremony at Bomber's. http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/feb/28/971/

Comment

Ha, that SLU-DAR series is kind of irrelevant of RPI wins. But I expect SLU to advance. They've seemed to have played better late in the year... SLU 6-2 in their last 8 (including a win over Dartmouth). Dartmouth has only won twice in late January.

Comment

There will be at least one playoff series upset, we all know that !
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

FWIW - Schott said on 980 AM today he thinks it's Union-RPI next weekend too.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Methinks someone missed the point of my joke. Check your team-by-team records for this year. Look at all those points you got against Brown this year.
                              Methinks that someone didn't give me enough credit....Look at your team by team records and see how many points RPI picked up against Clarkson. Hence, the logic for the comparison is the same....

Besides, as someone so eloquently put it on the RPI thread, the regular season is over. We all have a clean slate. It's a new season. So, let's play the games, regardless of match-ups and see who survives...

Good luck this weekend.

Keith. .
                              Keith Reynolds
                              Union College
                              Class of 1992

Class of 2001

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                                FWIW - Schott said on 980 AM today he thinks it's Union-RPI next weekend too.
                                The Ides of March are upon us......

This "possible" series could be similar to last year where Colgate beat Union....

I would obviously prefer a series win against whoever comes to Messa and the chance to win the ECAC Tourney...

However, should we fail, RPI is not a TUC and that would probably keep us in the top 14 in the PWR like it did last year.......

Besides, I think Schott has been drinking the Kool-Aid recently and has secretly been "turned to the dark side" by the RPI faithful...

Keith.
                                Keith Reynolds
                                Union College
                                Class of 1992

Class of 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X