This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 Season Thread "We Can See Cleary Now"

Welsh, Jooris and Carr reunited. It will be interesting to see if their reUnion produces. Also, it seems that Coburn is being benched at least for tonight. I assume he is a healthy scratch. Fourth line of Bennett, Coatta and Ikkala remain intact. I thought they were pretty good last night.

Comment

That's the Union I've been waiting to see. Never thought I'd have to wait until 1/7 to see Union win on home ice (missed the AIC game). Pretty much a flawless performance and it seems like the message got through after last night. I wouldn't change a thing for the Friday game. Mingoia impressive.

Dumais said on the postgame that he thinks Reid and Simpson are fine.
      Last edited by rdf8585; 01-07-2012, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        That's the Union I've been waiting to see. Never thought I'd have to wait until 1/7 to see Union win on home ice (missed the AIC game). Pretty much a flawless performance and it seems like the message got through after last night. I wouldn't change a thing for the Friday game. Mingoia impressive.

Dumais said on the postgame that he thinks Reid and Simpson are fine.
        Agreed...a very impressive response to last night's disappointment. Perhaps the boys heard coach Bennett, because they finished what they started...early lead and kept putting pressure on Dartmouth. I also liked Mingoia's play, but I was most impressed by the line of Coatta-Bennett-Ikkala. I thought they kept a lot of the play in the offensive zone and wore down the Big Green a little bit.

Dartmouth played a physical game, but I thought they lost some composure near the end with some vicious and uncalled-for hits. We may never know what was said, but Rick Bennett was clearly not happy with Bob Gaudet - and vice versa - near the end of the game and during the post-game handshake.
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

The way the game was going, I thought something might happen at the end of the game. But Union doesn't need any guys getting suspended for those kind of things (i.e Welsh vs Brown). Those blows to Reid and Simpson were bone crunching hits. Reid was just flattened (and he's not a small player). That hit seemed a little late and from behind. I didn't have a good feeling when Simpson went back to the locker room, but fortunately he came back. Dartmouth was likely frustrated that they couldn't do anything all night and had to resort to borderline dirty play. Down as big as they were, they probably figured they had nothing to lose.

R.Bennett reaction: http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/jan/07/922/

Carr, Mingoia reaction: http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/jan/07/923/

Comment

LOL.. 24 hours later and things look a tad brighter. Great effort tonight and nice to see some home ice mojo. Is obvious that the coaches reminded the players of how Dartmouth took it to them last season in Schenectady. Liked Bennett's post-game comment that "Union players will not back down".. the rematch in Hanover could be an interesting game.

Was also very pleased to see the 4th line creating a lot of havoc and the 3rd line making a major contribution on the score sheet. And while I can't help thinking that this team still lives & dies by the powerplay, U's depth and intensity certainly caused the penalties so hopefully this is the first step in building a winning formula for the rest of the season. On to the Fenway!!!!
            UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Schott has a 10 minute interview with Ingoldsby @ http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/jan/09/924/

Union up 3 spots to #8 in the INCH rankings, but stay at 14 in the USCHO poll. Union is currently at 26 in the pairwise.

Comment

WOW! I have been watching U play since joining the ECAC and I don't think I have ever seen U play as well as it did against Dartmouth. U simply destroyed Dartmouth. Continuing that play will get U far in the ECAC as well as NCAA tourney.

Comment

Schott has a 10 minute interview with Ingoldsby @ http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/jan/09/924/

Union up 3 spots to #8 in the INCH rankings, but stay at 14 in the USCHO poll. Union is currently at 26 in the pairwise.
                  That was a very interesting and poignant interview. Another reminder of the risks in this game which we as observers and fans sometimes overlook. Also brings home the unacceptability of thuggish behavior on the ice particularly after some of what we saw on Saturday with two potential head injuries to our players.

I hope Mike makes a total recovery so that he feels great and can return to the game he obviously loves to play.

Comment

Union is currently at 26 in the pairwise.
                    #26 Union. Duh.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      #26 Union. Duh.
                      Et Tu Red Cloud?

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                        Et Tu Red Cloud?
                        Heck, I'm even shocked! I thought I killed that joke, stabbed it about 47 more times, and then kicked it in the happy sack for good measure.

Comment

On the topic of pairwise, I noticed that Union and Providence are once again side by side in the rankings and have been more often than not most of the season.

Comment

they should schedule next year.....

Comment

Congrats to the Union Hockey faithful and coaching staff! Tyler Hynes, a senior forward at Albany Academy has committed to Union College! He is a special player....good skater, strong as an ox, and he has good offensive scoring capablities.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                Congrats to the Union Hockey faithful and coaching staff! Tyler Hynes, a senior forward at Albany Academy has committed to Union College! He is a special player....good skater, strong as an ox, and he has good offensive scoring capablities.
                                You beat Ralph and Heisenberg on this one. I'll be interested in learning more about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X